pixeltracker

Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design

Joshua Rosenthal
#1Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 6:28am

I came across this photo A few minutes ago of the Mean Girls stage door (exterior) being stripped of its design. I know that some of the character photos have been ripped from the walls/doors, however in the photo i came across before, its just pink as opposed to the character ones being ripped which shows a green underlayer. Anyone know why, and/or if this is happening to other Broadway theatres and shows as well? Thanks! Im on mobile and idk how to add a photo however @stupid.withbway on Instagram posted the photo :)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 8:12am

Seems to be the rabid MEAN GIRLS phreaks as other theatres still have their artwork intact.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#3Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 10:37am

We just discussed this in this thread actually (just skip to the most recent posts):

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1121823

Joshua Rosenthal
#4Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 12:17pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Seems to be the rabid MEAN GIRLS phreaks as other theatres still have their artwork intact.

"
Maybe, and thanks for posting the photo! The thing is, I swear in another pic wherein some of the individual character photos on the stage door, you can see a green stagedoor, so this bring all pink and totally stripped wouldn’t make sense but idk  not trying to argue as I also agree with you  :)

Joshua Rosenthal
#5Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 12:18pm

veronicamae said: "We just discussed this in this thread actually (just skip to the most recent posts):

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1121823

"

Thanks so much! :)

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#6Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 12:24pm

Joshua Rosenthal said: "Maybe,and thanks for posting the photo! The thing is, I swear in another pic wherein some of the individual character photos on the stage door, you can see a green stagedoor, so this bring all pink and totally stripped wouldn’t make sense but idk not trying to argue as I also agree with you :)"

They hired someone to remove the vinyls and painted over the doors with pink.

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#7Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 1:24pm

VotePeron said: "Joshua Rosenthal said: "Maybe,and thanks for posting the photo! The thing is, I swear in another pic wherein some of the individual character photos on the stage door, you can see a green stagedoor, so this bring all pink and totally stripped wouldn’t make sense but idk not trying to argue as I also agree with you :)"

They hired someone to remove the vinyls and painted over the doors with pink.

"

That's still vinyl - just plain pink vinyl (the theater owners won't let you paint.) I doubt they'd spend the money to do that if they thought they'd be closing.

Dolly80
#8Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 1:30pm

It’s more likely that they will almost certainly reopen with a new cast, or altered cast.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 5:32pm

Yeah, considering the new people were mere weeks or days into their roles, it will probably be a completely different cast by next Spring. 

MollyJeanneMusic
#10Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 5:56pm

Sutton Ross said: "Yeah, considering the new people were mere weeks or days into their roles, it will probably be a completely different cast by next Spring."

I can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not, but considering with the current timeline, it'll probably be about a year since many of the new cast started, some new members might decide not to renew their contract or switch over to the touring production (although this is probably unlikely).  The biggest question mark is Reneé Rapp, who started in the show last summer - it's probably around the time she'd leave the show anyway if she decided not to renew.

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked

Sutton Ross
#11Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 5:59pm

It wasn't sarcasm at all. I doubt most of the principals will be interested and or have the time to do this show next year. 

sparksatmidnight
#12Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/13/20 at 6:30pm

Why would they put more character photos only to have it ripped again? They wouldn't spend a single dime getting the doors pink if there was anything to be scared of

whatdoesntkillme
#13Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/14/20 at 1:18am

Sutton Ross said: "It wasn't sarcasm at all. I doubt most of the principals will be interested and or have the time to do this show next year."

Every single actor is unemployed right now. I think any of them will take whatever chance they get to have a Broadway salary again, even if that means extending beyond original contracts. Why would they not have the time? They literally have no other commitments. They have to start from scratch auditioning again, since everything has been put on hold. Those who are "on standby" with Broadway shows are the luckiest in the business, if they still have jobs waiting for them when Broadway comes back.

Sutton Ross
#14Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/14/20 at 1:30am

Because tv and film will restart before Broadway will? Because Sabrina Carpenter is a busy girl and most likely won't be available next year because she has another career? Because people will want to do other things that are perhaps more lucrative and secure? 

Joshua Rosenthal
#15Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/17/20 at 2:01am

So so we think that t there will be a new cast? What about Chris and Sabrina?

Speed
#16Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design
Posted: 7/17/20 at 2:45am

whatdoesntkillme said: "Sutton Ross said: "It wasn't sarcasm at all. I doubt most of the principals will be interested and or have the time to do this show next year."

Every single actor is unemployed right now. I think any of them will take whatever chance they get to have a Broadway salary again, even if that means extending beyond original contracts. Why would they not have the time? They literally have no other commitments. They have to start from scratch auditioning again, since everything has been put on hold. Those who are "on standby" with Broadway shows are the luckiest in the business, if they still have jobs waiting for them when Broadway comes back.
"

Unemployed to act, yes, outside of voice over, but some may be moving onto other careers or to another city.  No commitments?  They might have children and/or the desire to support what their husband or wife is doing.