News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for zedpi

Member Name: zedpi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SUFFS is coming to Broadway
 Sep 18 2023, 09:28:40 AM

I saw this at the Public and left with mixed feelings - some of the songs are brilliant, and many of the actors gave wonderful performances [Grace McLean!], but many of the songs were didactic or repetitive/ barely tuneful. It was a good history lesson, and definitely worth catching if you missed it at the Public, but not one I feel is worth seeing multiple times.

I was at one of Shaina’s Joe’s Pub concerts earlier this year, and she said she is writing new songs to give mo

NY Times Fall Season Preview
 Sep 11 2023, 01:32:15 PM

So far just booked tickets for Here We Are & Merrily

but am also planning to see this fall:

• Infinite Life
  • The Refuge Plays
  • Swing State
  • Appropriate
  • Buena Vista Social Club
  • Prayer for the French Republic
  • Arcadia
  • Merry Me

winter / spring eying:

• Terce
  • Once Upon a Mattress
  • The Connector
  • Cabaret
  • Three Houses
  • Teeth
  • Sally & Tom

still feel

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Feb 23 2023, 10:58:42 PM

BroadwayBaby6 said: "How long has this show been workshopped? Is this a finished show or is this being rushed instead of being workshopped for a few years?"

I saw a workshop of this in '21 as part of ny stage and film - it was the complete book and music, but  staged concert-like so no blocking or set yet. and i'm quite certain this wasn't the first workshop - there's videos on youtube of the songs sung since 2017

Early curtain times for LEOPOLDSTADT
 Feb 18 2023, 03:46:23 PM

I always thought it was because of the number of kids in the cast

The Official TDF Thread
 Sep 16 2022, 01:30:43 PM

leopoldstadt up for tonight's show

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square?
 May 11 2022, 01:44:24 PM

Also highly recommend this hotel, stayed here a few times, particularly if you're seeing shows north of 44th st. quiet and safe, short walking distance

Spring Awakening Reunion?
 Nov 15 2021, 01:51:49 PM

zedpi said: "Hello everybody! I am selling my ticket for tonight- its front mezz section 3 row b center, $200. It’s will call, so not sure if I have to pick it up myself at the imperial - but if I do I’ll be there @615 to pick it up and then hand it off to you / exchange money! I got a very important dinner to catch in queens at 730, so I can’t wait around much. if this works for you - shoot me a PM with your phone number and we can coordinate - if i don’t get

Spring Awakening Reunion?
 Nov 15 2021, 12:58:16 PM

Hello everybody! I am selling my ticket for tonight- its front mezz section 3 row b center, $200. It’s will call, so not sure if I have to pick it up myself at the imperial - but if I do I’ll be there @615 to pick it up and then hand it off to you / exchange money! I got a very important dinner to catch in queens at 730, so I can’t wait around much. if this works for you - shoot me a PM with your phone number and we can coordinate - if i don’t get back to you its cause

Theatre for American Utopia?
 Jul 1 2021, 06:26:19 PM

anonanimal1218 said: "Has anyone received their new tickets yet? I called the number in the email a few weeks back and was told they'd be sent out shortly. Still nothing, and the number (still looks to be for the Hudson)appears to be out of service for the time being"

nope. i’m in the same boat.

Robert Icke / Ann Dowd ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE at the Armory
 Jun 30 2021, 10:13:19 AM

For those that have been already, how long is the play? Wondering whether to get dinner before or after.

BLINDNESS Will Begin Performances Off-Broadway in April
 Jun 10 2021, 03:43:44 PM

ClydeBarrow said: "Odd that this was the only play showing for months and no one ever talked about it. Is that a bad sign?"

I think I saw this back when it first came out in March, but it was quite forgettable, I forgot I had seen it till this thread.

Felt mixed about the show,  I enjoyed the sound design and lighting, but the narration was uneven at times. i would consider it overpriced, especially since I went alone so had to pay for the pric

HADESTOWN will return on September 2
 Jun 3 2021, 11:42:53 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "I do not have an Amex and paid using my BoA Visa debit card. Not sure if that was a fluke?"

I was able to do the same thing. I got mine right after the presale began, so don’t know if they fixed it afterwards.

Robert Icke / Ann Dowd ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE at the Armory
 May 27 2021, 11:37:28 AM

I love Ann Dowd and the Armory is such a cool space last time I went, I really want to go but don’t have a +1. Its annoying they don’t sell single tickets, but understandable given covid. Anyone in a similar position and looking for a theatre buddy to go with in order to get tickets? i’m fully vaccinated and pretty flexible with showtimes. PM me if interested.

Ghost Quartet to return off-broadway this October
 Oct 11 2017, 01:01:36 PM

Hey y'all I accidentally bought 5 tickets (1 general, 4 premium) for the all-ages show on Tuesday October 31 at 3pm. I was trying to buy two general tickets but somehow clicked general and premium and couldn't edit cart without releasing the tickets.. so yeah. Anyway, I want to sell two of the premiums in a pair, and then sell either 1 general or 1 premium. PM me if interested. I'll be there that day with a friend so I'll definitely be able to pick them up. 

edit:

Hadestown to receive a live cast album
 Aug 2 2017, 07:19:15 PM

I haven't seen the show but I loved the 2010 album. Did they cut "how long" and "if it's true" from the musical or are they just not putting it on the cd? 

Great Comet Rush
 Jun 30 2017, 08:57:54 PM

Willing to line-sit for anyone/anypair looking to snag tickets for tomorrow or Sunday. Just PM me!

Great Comet recording
 May 18 2017, 07:11:32 AM

I'm a big Comet fan but I feel mixed about the new album. While I felt some songs have improved  ("Pierre and Natasha", "Sonya Alone", "The Duel) I think the album  lacks some of the intensity in the OCR - particularly in the Bolkonsky songs, "Letters", and "The Ball."  Also not a fan of Malloy changing  one of my favorite line in "Pierre and Anatole"!

"Amuse yourself

Dave Malloy returns to Great Comet!
 May 7 2017, 01:26:40 PM

Sat on-stage for Malloy's performance on Thursday. Malloy adds an extra weariness to Pierre that is missing from Groban's performance. Malloy's Pierre is older, clumsier and literally heavier. It was unforgettable to be so close to him as he repeatedly thumped on his chest and practically screamed parts of Dust and Ashes.  In summary: Breathtaking.

Dave Malloy returns to Great Comet!
 May 4 2017, 10:51:52 AM

Got on-stage seating to see him tonight! I rushed GC twice before to see Groban, but super-excited to see Malloy! Will report back

Official TONY Nominations Thread
 May 2 2017, 08:40:09 AM

https://twitter.com/TheTonyAwards

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You