News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mullein

Member Name: mullein
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Woman in White London Revival  Dec 1 2017, 07:09:20 AM

CATSNYrevival said: ""The final scene where Glyde is run over by the train felt like a fly-less Defying Gravity. Glyde just drops on the stage in spread-eagle and there's a lot of smoke."

Can anyone elaborate on this? Is the staging somehow similar to Defying Gravity or was the meaning here that the effect is as underwhelming as a fly-less Defying Gravity? He just drops while surrounded by smoke? Is there a sound effect at least?
"

It

The Woman in White London Revival  Nov 29 2017, 09:28:04 AM
saw it last week with no knowledge of the original production... fwiw i thought the tiny stage was utilized well and the performances were good (with the exception of Chris peluso who is not at all an interesting or believable villain) but god that story is a mess.
Karen Olivo in FUN HOME  Oct 29 2017, 05:20:35 PM

double post

Karen Olivo in FUN HOME  Oct 29 2017, 05:19:19 PM
SchuylWERKsister said: "She’s Karen Olivo and they’re a regional theatre that was in financial trouble justa few years ago. Trust and believe that no one but her will have a say in what happens to her hair."

If we get a long-haired, classically feminine Alison Bechdel I imagine swarms of teenage Fun Home fans will go full Rafael Casal on her and the theatre.

Karen Olivo in FUN HOME  Oct 29 2017, 03:01:51 PM
1) so much for retirement 2) is she going to cut her hair?
THE PARISIAN WOMAN to change weekly, based on Trump's tweets  Sep 10 2017, 07:46:50 AM

Lol trumpies are so sensitive

Aaron Sorkin's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Adaptation to premiere on Broadway December 13, 2018  Sep 6 2017, 11:58:54 AM

Wait... DECEMBER 2018? Is this a typo? That is well into the next season...

Second-acting but paying?  Sep 5 2017, 02:44:01 PM

Why would you do that???

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy  Sep 1 2017, 12:11:33 PM

ChairinMain said: "mullein said: "haterobics said: "Do you people see a lot of Hollywood movies? Cuz it's always like Richard Gere and... some girl in her 20s, heh."

Lol yes and most of the time Istill find it sketchy that it's perfectly acceptable for a dude in his 60s to date around in an age group almost 3 times his junior...
"

Well, since we'll never actually SEE this happen, why are we talking abo

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy  Sep 1 2017, 11:24:35 AM

haterobics said: "Do you people see a lot of Hollywood movies? Cuz it's always like Richard Gere and... some girl in her 20s, heh."

Lol yes and most of the time I still find it sketchy that it's perfectly acceptable for a dude in his 60s to date around in an age group almost 3 times his junior...

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy  Sep 1 2017, 09:46:02 AM

Even if you consider the show a standalone piece (and not a part of the narrative of the novel where Natasha and Pierre do get married) it seems to hint on a romantic continuation to me... Love Mandy but would never be able to see him in this role without feeling incredibly uncomfortable in the final scene. There's a time and place for everything.

What You Paid vs. What You Got  Aug 15 2017, 12:44:31 PM

Paid $199 to see Hamilton this summer and it was totally not worth it lol... Still a great show but does not justify the price of the tickets anymore. (Ironically the first ticket I bought to see Hamilton in September 2015 was $89 and the experience was worth a million.)

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 8 2017, 07:01:05 PM

It genuinely baffles me that people are still managing to blame the Mandy controversy when it's clear now that a fall replacement was never lined up and the show would've closed sooner than later anyway.

Riedel on vultures circling ‘Great Comet’  Aug 7 2017, 11:38:34 PM

trpguyy said: "HogansHero said: "trpguyy said: "Everyone knew Oak was bought out and that Mandy would be coming in several days before it was announced. "

To repeat: he was not bought out; he was fired. It is a distinction with a difference.
"

I wrote that intentionally. As this all went down, everyone (else) at the Imperial was under the impression that he was bought out. 

"
<

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/17  Aug 7 2017, 03:21:54 PM

Maybe g-hog day could replace Karl with Mandy Patinkin.

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13  Aug 6 2017, 05:31:12 PM

adagio said: "Strongly considering buying tickets for a late September trip to NYC, in hopes the show will still be open. Worried about booking hotel though - are hotel reservations easily cancelled if the show does close early?

I live in a hub city so I'm comfortable holding off on the plane ticket - may end up paying a little more but at least I should still be able to grab a flight.

Anything else I'm forgetting to consider? I d

Thoughts on Cynthia Erivo  Aug 6 2017, 08:07:13 AM

I agree that she's prone to overreacting on social media and needlessly picking up fights with trolls but the talk of her nastiness is highly exaggerated... She's allowed to stand up for what she thinks is right. I've had several exchanges with her over Twitter and she's always been gracious.

Riedel on vultures circling ‘Great Comet’  Aug 5 2017, 12:54:09 PM

Hellob said: "Cape Twirl of Doom said: "evic said: "Ervin should have kept her Tony mouth shut along with everyone else who immediately chimed in with the race card bull****. They are partly responsible for the show's demise if they close. Oak seems like he needs to stop being a UN if the stories of his screaming at the director are true. 

Who is Ervin and do please spell out what you mean by UN.

Riedel on vultures circling ‘Great Comet’  Aug 4 2017, 12:10:06 PM

bdn223 said: "Also does anyone else find it weird that Oak isn't going continue his run through his original contract expiration? I think that speaks wonders to who is the adult in the room. The producers admitted that their execution of the plan wasn't the best, and apologized, and offered to have Oak back. Oak then says he is still definitively leaving on the 13th. If this were still the producers choice of departure date, I'd imagine Oak would have made it known. As fa

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13  Aug 3 2017, 03:45:19 PM

trpguyy said: "The company has not received a closing notice, nor word of a replacement Pierre. 

"

Wow that is... concerning.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You