News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MaTakeALookAtMe

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
Member Name: MaTakeALookAtMe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: MOMMIE DEAREST as a Musical ?
 Jul 21 2005, 11:11:34 PM
God, I'd sell my soul to see it.
re: A cast for a movie of Little Women: The Musical
 Jul 21 2005, 11:10:43 PM
What about Hillary Duff?

HaHa

re: today's great songwriters: ahrens and flaherty
 Jul 21 2005, 11:08:51 PM
Love the OBCR of My Favorite Year...one of my favorite cd's. Too bad the show didn't live up to the score
re: Dream cast for DOUBT movie
 Jul 21 2005, 11:07:35 PM
Streep is great, but the stage is cast is perfection. I love Cherry Jones. Why change that? I agree with the poster who who doesn't think Doubt is particularly well suited for film.
re: seussical questions
 Apr 26 2005, 10:42:36 AM
My niece is not an actress, I just take her to the shows with me. I'm not sure which of the Wickershams was your student, but I have seen a couple of them in other productions. Specifically I recall Wes as Mortimer in the Fantasticks..a very great performance also.
re: Romantic Broadway songs
 Apr 25 2005, 09:20:26 PM
Shut up and Dance from My Favorite Year
re: seussical questions
 Apr 25 2005, 09:18:47 PM
schlitze, what day did you see Seussical at OCU? I saw it on Sunday with my niece. We had a great time. I agree that Act II seemed a little muddled, but the cast was fantastic. Micah Green was hilarious as the Cat in the HAt. Roy Lightner was great as Horton, but I was just really blown away By Rachel Thomas as Gertrude and Jennifer Sanchez as Mayzie. wow...they were just wow. Can sing , dance, act... So, yeah, the cast...and the great costumes...made up for any weaknesses the production had.
re: the EPITOME of tasteless audiences.....
 Apr 25 2005, 07:48:27 PM
I hear you Sum, when I saw Wicked someone was using a nail file on the front row... Idina put the poor guy in a chokehold while Kristin took the file and gutted him with it. THe whole thing only took like 30 seconds. The audience was silent after that.
re: Charity on Today
 Apr 22 2005, 10:21:41 AM
I made myself late for work to see the Today show...she is very cute..could definitely not tell her foot was broken, but also definitely agree with the poster that said her voice is "teeny tiny". All in all, I wasn't blown away, but it was enjoyable and I still have high hopes for her.

But I have seen at least a couple of students at OCU that could have done better..

re: Yet another Chenoweth movie in the works...
 Apr 21 2005, 01:01:39 PM
Interesting..

Can see her a lot easier as Dolly Parton...

re: Why are teenage girls obsessed with WICKED?
 Apr 20 2005, 05:50:46 PM
It's all about identifying with the unpopular..much like the Christina Aguilera song 'Beautiful" it was most popular with girls who couldn't find prom dates cause it made them feel beautiul no matter what they say. Same with Wicked, Elphie could defy gravity even thou she wasn't as cute, popular, etc etc
re: Brooke Shields as Roxie - photo
 Apr 6 2005, 05:49:26 PM
I have doubted her in the past as well, but I've always been wrong
re: Patty Duke Replaced in Golda's Balcony
 Apr 5 2005, 05:33:14 PM
Wow..that didn't last long..too bad, I had high hopes for her.

But I do love Harper also...

re: Where did Kristin thread go?
 Apr 4 2005, 08:16:00 PM
It's the same
re: Johnny Cash Musical
 Apr 4 2005, 07:14:09 PM
It was not a lesbian movie...it just had lesbionic undertones
re: WEDDING SINGER TO HIT BROADWAY JAN 2006!
 Apr 4 2005, 07:11:59 PM
Why????
re: The Wizard of Oz Casting
 Apr 4 2005, 07:10:25 PM
OMG...Hillary Duff would be soooo Amazing!
re: Munk's REAL 'Virginia Woolf' comments
 Mar 31 2005, 11:07:58 AM
Thanks for the review, Munk. Although I agree with you about not being overly into the play, I would like to see this, but will not be able to any time soon.It's great to hear good news about Kathleen Turner, she is great.
re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
 Mar 25 2005, 06:29:27 PM
Damn..I was looking forward to this
re: Steel Magnolias Matinee Cancelled
 Mar 24 2005, 06:12:19 PM
How could we forget with you reminding us so very often?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You