pixeltracker

Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#1re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:39pm

WOW.

At least I got to see Applegate in it. I do feel bad for Charlotte though. This could have been her chance to really shine.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 3/25/05 at 05:39 PM

Mamamia Sammy2 Profile Photo
Mamamia Sammy2
#2re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:40pm

I blame this all on Corine2.

"I knew this was probably going to happen." - Rathnait62

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#3re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

I feel bad for all of the actors who are now out of work, but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#4re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

Holy sh*t.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#5re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

I consider myself lucky to have seen Charlotte in it.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

grownupgroupie Profile Photo
grownupgroupie
#6re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

WHOA. I'm floored!

Poor sales in general, or poor sales b/c of Christina's foot? Or bad news in general w/ the company that we don't know about? And what will go in the Hirschfeld now?

Conspiracy theorists, fire away....

andyf
#7re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:41pm

Wow, I was right...it really DIDN'T make it Broadway.

Now no one will get to see Xtina...I feel better now!

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

commasplice
#8re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:42pm

Whoa.

I'm really glad I saw the show in Chicago. That's really too bad, though, for everyone involved.

#9re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

WOW... Thats a shock!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#10re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

Wow is right. Well, I will be returning my ticket for a refund and finding another show to see my first evening in New York, June 21st. I just find this very interesting after all the denials, just today!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#11re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:43pm

Was the show bad? Poor sales? Her injury? Why cancel?

I'm afraid I'm not up-to-date on this production.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

#12re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

Wow indeed. This is the stuff of Legend. I'm so glad I saved my playbill. I'm just sorry that I never got to see either of the "marquee" names. Who's going to write the book about this?

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#13re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

This show wasn't exactly setting box office records when Christina was in the show. I can hardly imagine what they turned into when Charlotte joined.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#14re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:44pm

So sad for Christina. I know she wanted this.
Hopefully, she'll be in something, soon, and if she is, it will come to LA, as that will be my new residence coming July...

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#15re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:45pm

This is the worst news I've heard all day. Charlotte is a real trooper and should be commended for stepping in on such short notice. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, an amazing ensemble with some of the best dancers around! This is truly a crying shame.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#16re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:49pm

I was actually looking forward to it, when Charlotte stepped up to the plate. More so, with the NYTimes' big article on her in today's Weekend section.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#17re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:53pm

WHOAAAAAAAAAAA!

At least La Cage will get its Tony for Best Revival now..

I was really looking forward to seeing this though re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#18re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:54pm

Apparently the producers were already feeling the brunt of canceled group ticket sales, which made up a huge part of their 2M advance. It's a shame for everyone involved, but that's life in the theatre.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#19re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:58pm

im really sad. i was planning on seeing this show. Chrisitna and Charlotte have worked so hard. this really is so horrible.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

#20re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:59pm

OMG- I'd already forgotten about that huge article in today's Times! I can't believe they didn't even give it time to see if it sold any tickets. And, I wanted to add, I am sorry for Charlotte! And poor Denis misses out on another Tony, too. What a mess this is!

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#21re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 6:00pm

so all of us that bought tickets how do we get a refund? I had tickets for June 10th grrrr this totally blows my NYC plans out of the water now 4 ppl have to agree on ANOTHER show to go see *sighs* Easier said than done

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#22re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 6:02pm

Wow. That's a real shame.

I guess La Cage is set for a tony.

Tenorific2
#23re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 6:02pm

I feel privileged at seeing the show in Minneapolis. I felt honored to have met Denis O'Hare. I enjoyed the music, the crazy costumes for the "Frug", and the choreography for the "Frug", but the show itself was not one that I walked out feeling jazzed about. So, my signed playbill by Mr. O'Hare, Ms. Applegate, and Mr. Sabella is a treasure. I wish everyone involved much success on their next endeavours.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#24re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement
Posted: 3/25/05 at 6:03pm

awwwwwwwwww

that's so sad. Think of all those actors out of work now. And it REALLY was charlotte's first chance since JRB (not jason robert brown!!!) re: Sweet Charity Cancels Broadway Engagement

At least i got to see it...Wednesday Night! That is one playbill i am KEEPING! :)

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Videos