News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rKrispyt

rKrispyt Profile Photo
Member Name: rKrispyt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Likes: Musical Theatre (acting, dancing, singing, choreographing, teaching, directing, dramaturgy), reading, learning and growing as a person and an artist, sharing my passions with those that also love and appreciate them!
Dislikes: my day job :/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Are Hairspray rights available?
 Nov 28 2023, 04:23:20 PM

Thanks all! Reached out to MTI to inquire and while they couldn't really confirm anything for me the information they did provide seems to insinuate that no one (in the US outside of high schools seemingly) is getting it until this current tour is done.

Are Hairspray rights available?
 Nov 28 2023, 01:19:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows anything regarding the current status of the rights for Hairspray?

I know of a couple local non-professional theatres that have not yet heard back regarding rather old applications submitted, and looking at MTI's site it seems all upcoming productions are at either high schools or outside of the U.S.

Does anyone know if the rights are currently unavailable for others due to the tour (or for another reason)?   

HEAD OVER HEELS TodayTix Rush Thread
 Oct 23 2018, 04:28:47 PM

labellaragazza1 said: "I just checked (rush is still avail for today) and on the actual pay screen it comes out to $93 for 2, so about $46.50. $7.50 fee per ticket."

Perfect - thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :) 

HEAD OVER HEELS TodayTix Rush Thread
 Oct 23 2018, 03:44:21 PM

Can anyone tell me if there are additional fees on the $39 rush tickets? (or is the final purchase total per ticket $39?) 

Once on This Island lottery
 Oct 22 2018, 12:35:45 PM

I just saw that and was coming here to edit my post. Didn't realize their schedule was so different (yeesh, it's been too long since I visited the city!). Thanks for the heads up though!

That being said, I see 1 ticket left for the playbill discount that comes to $71 with fees, but a lot of tickets left for the show at higher prices. Does that at all effect the lottery? Is it better to spend the extra $10-$20 and just buy that ticket now? I'll kick myself if I miss it but a

Once on This Island lottery
 Oct 22 2018, 11:39:39 AM

Do you think it's worth possibly passing up another show to do the lottery for this? I'll be in the city Wednesday and can see a matinee and evening, OOTI is my top choice for what I want to see but I can only afford the lottery.

Because it's in person I'm worried that I'll miss out on digital or lining up for something else only to lose this lottery and end up seeing nothing. Hoping someone has been recently and can give me a little advise on how high the risk

Waitress rush update?
 Oct 22 2018, 11:28:35 AM

*edited - never mind, got the info I needed! :)

Should Lea Michele come back to Broadway? In what? (No funny girl please)
 Jan 24 2016, 02:05:27 PM

ChildofEarth said: "Lea may be getting Hollywood money now, but that will all subside soon - have you seen the ratings for Scream Queens?

I'm no fan of Lea by any stretch of the imagination, so I hope she stays far away. She has a good voice, but IMO her acting isn't all that wonderful and her attitude and try-hard ways take away from what she could be.

"

Couldn't agree more.

Darren Criss Headlines a Broadway Master Class
 Jan 24 2016, 02:00:17 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "So, let's see......

• Starred in 2 Broadway shows: How To Succeed and Hedwig
  • Starred in a musical-based television series: Glee
  • Written and/or starred in musical shows: Very Potter Musical trilogy and Me and My Dick
  • Founder of the college musical theater troupe, Team StarKid
  • Graduated with a degree in musical theater from a prestigious musical theater college program
BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!
 Jan 24 2016, 01:11:42 PM

gah - double post. apologies. 

Jan 24 2016, 01:11:39 PM

According to their site, there will be a next year, again in the winter. http://www.mischiefmanagement.com/

Waitress tickets now?
 Jan 24 2016, 12:14:18 PM

oops. double post. 

Jan 24 2016, 12:13:45 PM

Wow. Initially I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to make this (nor, honestly, could I afford it) but it sounds like all-in-all it was a blessing in disguise. 

Admittedly, when I was a youngin, in/just out of college, this would have thrilled me. Had I been able to save up, I know I wouldn't have felt ripped out nor would I care about the money aspect. If things were unorganized or whatever, I'd have powered through with a smile because omg I'm about to not only

Waitress tickets now?
 Jan 24 2016, 11:43:06 AM

I also saw the show in Boston and it was wonderful. Very moving, I think for women in particular it will strike a chord. You've also got fans of the movie, and Sara Bareilles (not to mention some Orange Is The New Black fans that will go for Kimiko), plus it seems to be the most anticipated show coming this season and with Hamilton being impossible to go to, I think a lot of people are going to run to this as their next-best-thing. 

It won't do as well as Hamilton or get th

re: Elaine Stritch - 'As the prostitute once said...'
 Jan 24 2016, 11:33:59 AM

The fact that after this line, Stritch goes into talking about costumes, sets, props, makeup, reminiscing about her work behind the scenes and an opening number along the same lines, seems clearly indicative of her intention in stairs v. stares. If it were the latter, there'd be some mention of it in the number and anecdotes it introduces, no? 

GLEE's Amber Riley to Star in City Center's COTTON CLUB PARADE
 Jul 30 2012, 06:59:11 PM
I'm so incredibly excited - SUCH a big fan of hers!

Any word yet on which role she's in?

Darren Criss & Beau Bridges in HOW TO SUCCEED... Thoughts?
 Jan 6 2012, 03:40:57 PM
snl, I'm POSITIVE that Darren grew up doing musicals - I've seen interviews where he talks about it. There's also this lengthly list of credits pre-college (unless one doesn't consider Fanny, Do I Hear A Waltz?, Babes In Arms, Music Man, or Fiddler on the Roof to be musicals):

"Criss made his professional stage debut at the age of ten in 42nd Street Moon's 1997 production of Fanny, in the role of Cesario. The next year, Criss played Mauro in the same company's production of the Richard

Jan 6 2012, 11:38:48 AM
Criss was not a Musical Theatre major at U of M, he was a theatre performance major though, grew up doing musicals in San Fran since he was a child, is a songwriter as well as a composer lyricist with 5 musicals under his belt, and plays about 8 instruments that he grew up being trained on. So I wouldn't say that 'singing' is at all a new thing to him or something that he can't grasp or isn't at all trained on. Considering how much musical learning was a part of his youth, I would be surprised i
 Jan 5 2012, 03:18:02 PM
snl, that is a valid point and a good mentality to have. I have both missed out on something I ended up eventually seeing on tour sans some amazing original bway cast members because I was told I'd hate something I ended up loving, and seen things I was looking forward to that I wished I'd been warned about. More or less, I have some folks who know me and what I appreciate most about my theatre, and if they tell me not to waste my time and money because I'll be disappointed, I usually heed that
Meghann Fahy, Jenna Leigh Green, Jason Michael Snow Set for
 Jan 5 2012, 03:12:22 PM
As an avid anti-Twilighter and a big fan of Meghann Fahy, Lauren Lopez (hooray for her getting out there beyond Starkid more and more!) and Jenna Leigh Green, I'm so bummed I went to NYC last weekend instead of arranging to go at a time I could catch this. Bummer.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You