News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kjck89

kjck89 Profile Photo
Member Name: kjck89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC
 Nov 4 2018, 07:18:51 AM

Beetlejuice is wrapping up its 3rd week tonight and I've seen the show 2 times.

I really love the show, and I think it will do well when it transfers to Broadway.

Strengths of the show:

The set, costume, and props are superb and really capture the quirkiness of Beetlejuice. 

The casting was on point in my opinion. There is great chemistry between the actors particularly for the 3 pairs (Beetlejuice & Lydia), (Barbara & Adam), (Charles & Delia).

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions
 Nov 19 2017, 09:06:53 PM

Mean Girls is fantastic!!! Queen Tina!

It is well-casted and well-written. Each actor (while still alluding to the movie) really put their own interpretation and portrayal to the characters. MG is also updated for 2017 to include social media, current events, and the current lingo but there are plenty of nods to the film as well, especially the memorable scenes. The musical also fills in the gaps that the movie didn't really go into. The set (while simple in my opinion compared to

Mel B blew me away at
 Feb 24 2017, 12:06:20 AM

I definitely saw her yell at a teenage girl with cat ears "JUST TAKE THE PICTURE" as she was asking Mel B if she could take a photo with her and then nervously trying to find the camera. She then walked away rolling her eyes and sighing as she entered her car from the crowd. I mean yes Mel B is not obligated to stage door but it definitely did not seem like she enjoyed it lol

Sending Playbills to be signed
 Feb 23 2017, 09:00:23 PM

I had no idea that shows required donations for signed playbills nowadays. I wonder if this will eventually also apply to stagedoors....

Fiasco's INTO THE WOODS
 Feb 14 2017, 02:17:57 AM

I saw it in DC! I had never seen ITW (not even the film!) so Fiasco's was my first introduction to the show. The actors were so well-rounded playing numerous characters and also playing the musical instruments. It was also very clear when the actors would switch characters. There have been some other productions I've seen when this wasn't executed well and I was really confused. 

What was great about it was that even though it was a musical, the focus was still on

Stage Door Rattlestick playwrights Theater
 Feb 12 2017, 02:12:04 AM

I think actors just exit through the front door.

Can Bette's voice handle it?
 Feb 12 2017, 02:07:38 AM

I definitely think Bette Midler will deliver in Dolly! Of course with time you can't compare her performances now to when she was younger (as with any artist), but I think with her being such a legendary icon, audiences will be in awe regardless of any production changes to accommodate Bette's needs.

If I Forget Previews
 Feb 9 2017, 07:23:57 AM

I really loved the story, the actors, and set design of this play. It is a great mix of drama with just the right amount of humor to ease heavy topics. There is great chemistry between the actors, and even if Kate drew you in, I think you will leave the theatre in awe of the whole ensemble. One note, I sat in the front row but I would recommend being a few rows back as my neck was a little sore because there are a few scenes upstairs which is high up on stage. Run time is 2.5 hours but I

Favorite Actress to Portray Elphaba
 Jan 29 2017, 10:44:20 PM

Jessica Vosk (currently on tour) has the right amount of heart, confidence, insecurity, and sass for Elphaba and don't even get me started on those vocals!!! I think she only joined the tour late last year so people are just starting to recognize her amazing portrayal. I hope she is transferred to Broadway!

Gifts/packages for actresses??
 Jan 29 2017, 10:36:21 PM

I would suggest something small..maybe a small souvenir gift from where you are from that you can include with your letter?

I think it is pretty common for fans to give their favorite performers gifts. I follow a lot of stage actors on instagram and they always post gifts they receive from fans and they seem genuinely appreciative of it. I would assume if it creeped them out they wouldn't post it. What I am always skeptical of is when fans give food... that always makes m

Stagedooring a show I didn't see?
 Jan 29 2017, 06:18:10 PM

I've been at a couple of stagedoors where the actors will only specifically sign playbills/memorabilia of the show but this is pretty rare. I've also met fellow stagedoorers who didn't see the show and it's completely fine! I really don't think the stagedoor staff/security will say anything and there's no harm in trying! For me I usually stagedoor because it's a great cherry on top after seeing a show and I've also had some amazing conversations with

Actors Freaking Out on Stage
 Jan 22 2017, 08:00:18 PM

I can't think of any that I know of, but I love reading the posts. I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind of an actor freaking out (but granted not on stage) was Shia LaBeouf at Cabaret. Kudos to Alan Cumming for keeping calm. 

Beaches Remake Thoughts?
 Jan 22 2017, 12:47:05 AM

I am actually watching the film for the 2nd time tonight! I thought Idina Menzel and Nia Long gave outstanding performances with a fresh/new take on a beloved classic. The movie soundtrack is also superb!

I know since it is a remake people will want to compare Bette's CC and Barbara's Hillary but from the get-go I don't think it ever intended to replace the original. Without spoiling anything, there are some minor character/plot differences. 

But I definitely re

2017-2018 Touring Season
 Jan 20 2017, 02:04:30 AM

barbraboy19902 said: "Other than Hamilton, does anyone have any idea what other shows will be coming to Atlanta?

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

ATLANTA, GA 4/04/17 - 4/05/17 Fox Theatre

What shows did you see in 2016?
 Jan 18 2017, 09:46:10 PM

I'm going to include all the broadway, plays, musicals, shows, and concerts with broadway stars I saw in 2016.

NYC

She Loves Me

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gynecologic Oncology Unit at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center of New York City

Sweat

DC

The Little Foxes (2x)

A Year of Magical Thinking

Into the Woods

Wicked

NSO Pops with Darren Criss & Betsy Wolfe

Lau

Effie, I'm tired. It's all over.
 Jan 14 2017, 10:48:06 AM

Almira said: ".  Should I separate the artist from the work and hang up some Hitler prints?
Wow this is such an excellent comparison. I had no idea he even painted. 

Honestly just truly disappointed at Ms. Holliday's decision. Attending and performing at the Inauguration shows that you are participating in the celebration of Trump's presidency. Theatre is a safe place for acceptance and diversity which I don't think aligns with Trump&#

What draws you to see a show?
 Jan 9 2017, 10:04:57 PM

I'm definitely happiest when I'm sitting in a theatre watching a play or musical. However, it is a pretty pricey hobby and with so many shows to choose from, I was curious how everyone here chooses what shows to see? Do you see a show typically based the actual work (you've read it before etc.), word of mouth/recommendation, reviews, tony noms, the ticket price?

I think the biggest draw for me is my familiarity with the actors, and I'm not necessarily referring to big n

Kennedy Center -- Specially Priced Tickets
 Jan 9 2017, 09:25:52 PM

Yes agree with the post above. I don't believe there is something equivalent to TKTS in DC, but each theatre/show may have discounted tickets. I would suggest contacting KenCen's Box Office directly. They are super helpful and will be able to let you know if discounted tickets are offered for Gabriels.

Favorite Act One Finale?
 Jan 9 2017, 09:16:59 PM

defying gravity. i get goosebumps every time.

How Many Playbills Do You Have?
 Jan 7 2017, 08:18:22 AM

I collect every playbill/program for all productions I've seen. Growing up my family never really went to the theatre, so my first broadway show was Hairspray in 2007 for a school trip to NY and I was looking through my storage bin of playbills last week and it was really nice to see a keepsake of that show. I really only started seeing shows 4 years ago (this can be a very expensive hobby) so I probably have about 30 - 40 but it sure is growing fast.

My follow-up questio

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You