News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Matt Legg

Member Name: Matt Legg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 1 2024, 02:03:16 AM

This was definitely a good time.  I do think the overly enthusiastic audience helped bring energy to the room.

It was nice to finally see a show here with set pieces and larger than life costumes.  We have had so many projections recently that it's nice to actually see a set.

The first act could definitely use a little trim.  At 90 minutes, you could tell audiences were getting restless.  The second act was under an hour and definitely didn't

The Who's Tommy @ The Goodman
 Jun 16 2023, 07:04:04 PM

Though I did see the show 30 years ago, I can't really speak to any specifics about lyric changes.  The instrumental sections are really not present... this is a tight show with nonstop singing.  From his pre-show announcement, Des said the first act is 53 minutes and the second act about 45 and he was not lying.  The second act begins right away with song (house lights still on).

And the Tribune was correct that there is far less Uncle Ernie.  He does fiddle ab

Jun 16 2023, 01:37:57 AM

To answer your questions, really really loud. I've been in the 7th row, 2nd row and 1st row, and the shots are really jarring.  I was with my 76 year old war veteran father tonight and prepared him multiple times just so he would not be alarmed.  I'd assume they are from the soundboard (since the gun was about 2 feet from me tonight) and all the sound came from the speaker rather than the gun itself. 

All the firing is within the first 15 minutes of the show.&nbs

Jun 16 2023, 01:07:03 AM

I have gone the past three nights and have highly enjoyed it.  Definitely a crowd pleaser... the whole audience was on its feet before the last song even ended tonight.

Fantastic performances and definitely very fast paced.  It has gotten even tighter since Tuesday where there really is no pause for applause. Alison Luff's "Mirror" gets a good reaction when she hits the high notes at the end.

Des has come out to introduce to show each night.

They&#

THE NOTEBOOK musical world premiere in Chicago this fall; Grief directing
 Sep 9 2022, 09:49:48 PM

Definitely more than one stagehand.  It is a bit awkward moment.  Front stage center you have a performer ready with his lines.   In the back of the stage you have a couple waiting for their set piece to move.  And out comes a stage crew mopping the floor for an extended period of time.  Kind of looks like Minions taking over.  I am sure this can get tightened up.  Though it stalls the show for a bit, definitely does not ruin an otherwise moving, excell

THE NOTEBOOK musical world premiere in Chicago this fall; Grief directing
 Sep 7 2022, 12:17:58 AM

After Devil, First Wives, Pretty Woman, Cher, I am so happy that Chicago has a show that is satisfying on night one.

Beautiful set and zen like music.  Ingrid did Ingrid-like music and it flows nicely.  Definitely some better songs in act two.

Definitely a great audience response and I look forward to going back.

I'd be interested in Andrea Burns too... The sign in the lobby said "Cast change" as did the slip inside the Playbill. Was happy that Yas

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 20 2022, 01:19:25 AM

I agree with all of the above.  Taylor does a great job and is on stage for like 90% of the show. 

Beth is really forgotten which is such a shame.  Such an amazing performer should not be relegated to the background looking like 90s Reba McEntire. Her mic was way too low and it was hard to hear from where I was in the 3rd row.

The Javier Munoz ballad is definitely the showstopper of the show.  Was really the only "wow" moment of the show.

Has anyone seen a "Donna Summer" discount code yet?
 Jan 30 2018, 08:44:20 PM

BOX1 was just posted today.

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread
 Jul 17 2016, 12:51:26 AM

If you make a left out of the theater and another left on the first street, you will see two limos waiting behind a fence.  On Thursday night, both drivers were standing near the fence talking on their cell phones. I talked to one of them who said "they" (Christine and Patti) get in the cars immediately.  There's probably about 20 feet from the door to the fence.

It's pretty easy to find the cars... I did not stick around to see them walk out.

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago
 Mar 12 2015, 06:21:58 PM
I did stage door with a crowd of about eight. Everyone does come out, though Faith did take quite a while. She could not be more lovely. Took multiple photos per her request. Discussed her cabaret show she did her a couple years ago. The three leads are the sole reason to see the show.
Cadillac Palace Theater Seating
 Dec 28 2013, 06:41:19 PM
The row 1 seats are wonderful at Cadillac Palace. I can't think of a theater anywhere that actually thought to leave a lot of room (probably 5 or 6 feet) between row A and the orchestra pit. You have great sightlines and a lot of room to move
'Priscilla' stage door
 Apr 20 2011, 11:10:18 PM
I've been there a few times and have never seen Keala either. She is so great in the show too! I met her frequently on the Hairspray tour. Maybe she comes out another door?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You