News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JoMarch

JoMarch Profile Photo
Member Name: JoMarch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who Should Direct MISS SAIGON - the Movie?  Dec 29 2007, 01:14:59 PM
About 10 years ago, Spielberg expressed interest in directing the film version.
re: Little Women Musical  Jun 11 2007, 12:22:13 AM
I've long felt that Little Women could make a splendid musical. The one that played on Broadway recently was anything but splendid, however. There's a new Little Women musical opening in Seattle either late this year or next year. I really hope it can do justice to the material.
re: favorite female broadway singer  Apr 12 2007, 09:53:43 PM
Judy Kuhn is a soprano? I always thought she was a belter. Shows what my untrained ear knows...
re: Hairspray Movie Dolls  Apr 6 2007, 04:44:02 PM
I'm buying the whole set. I can't wait. If that makes me a shmuck, so be it.
re: Gina Glocksen - 'Broadway, call me.'  Apr 6 2007, 04:42:33 PM
I guess she think it's a funny question because she's sooo above Hairspray now. Whatever.
re: Rizzo's Been Cast - Another Wontorek Blind Item  Feb 9 2007, 02:26:26 PM
Sutton also said she wants to focus on doing new musicals instead of revivals. So there's another reason why it clearly isn't her.
Xanadu Musical A No-Go After All  Feb 9 2007, 01:45:36 PM
Hmmm She's as shapely as Jane Krakowski, imo. Not to mention, she's almost 20 years younger! After watching various Tracy Turnblad's shake and shimmy through Hairspray!, I think a much thinner performer like DeGarmo could handle the physical demands of a Xanadu just fine. I do think her age would be a huge question mark though.
Xanadu Musical A No-Go After All  Feb 9 2007, 01:39:54 PM
How about Diana DeGarmo? Is she too young for the role? If not, i think this might be a perfect vehicle for someone with her voice and playful attitude. Yes, I know I'll invoke the wrath of Idol haters but darn it she was good in Hairspray and Brooklyn!
re: Which musicals has Sondheim raved about?  Feb 8 2007, 03:07:58 PM
That many huh, Munkustrap?

Thanks for a real answer, husk.

Which musicals has Sondheim raved about?  Feb 8 2007, 02:59:22 PM
I was trying to remember this morning if there were any musicals that Sondheim raved about? Non-Sondheim penned of course. Though I doubt I've heard him rave about how own shows anyway. I expect there are some oldies but goodies he loves, but how about any musicals from the past 30 years or so? Thanks.
re: Was Diana DeGarmo out of Hairspray tonight?  Oct 6 2006, 03:13:01 PM
"Speculation does not a rumor make. Riedel was speculating, not repeating a rumor."

To-maY-toh, To-maH-Toh. There's a fine, fine line between speculation and a rumor.

"If there is one, then Riedel started it himself."

Hence, the rumor. The same goes for Variety.

re: Was Diana DeGarmo out of Hairspray tonight?  Oct 6 2006, 02:52:06 PM
Actually, earlier this year, Riedel did say that Hairspray! might close by December. In addition, Variety listed the Neil Simon as a theater which a prospective new musical was eyeing for a 2007 opening. So, there have been rumors of Hairspray! closing. The rumors may be wrong, but they do exist.

re: Filichia's 'Hollywood Blew It' List  Sep 27 2006, 05:01:14 PM
"Hepburn was definately the in thing. And she looked gorgeous. I'm a Julie fan myself, but even I can see that Hepburn was great."

Yeah, I agree. I was plesantly surprised when Theater Week ran an article on movie musicals once and supported the casting of Hepburn. They said Hepburn's vocals may have been dubbed, but Andrews would have not pulled off the physical transformation on film half as well. I was glad that a theater magazine of all things could look at the casting objectively r

re: Respected singers whose voices grate your nerves  Aug 24 2006, 09:39:36 PM
You might not like their voices, but considering "all those Wicked singers" won their roles primarily because of their pipes, I'd say they're generally respected in their industry. It's not like the Wicked producers are saying, "Let's stunt cast with a Shoshana Bean or Eden Espinosa so we can boost our box office numbers!"
"I Feel Pretty" in Nike commerical.  Aug 24 2006, 06:27:44 PM
Anyone else catch this new commercial with Maria Sharapova walking to a match while everyone sings "I Feel Pretty" to her? I have to admit it cracks me up everytime I see it.
re: Respected singers whose voices grate your nerves  Aug 24 2006, 05:41:01 PM
Ana Gasteyer. She can belt and hit all the notes but I think her voice sounds really ugly.
re: Broadway's Greatest Hits?  Aug 23 2006, 08:28:11 PM
"Ask almost any middle-aged man if they know "One Night In Bangkok" and their answer will probably be "yes"."

Middle-aged? Oh God.

re: Favorite ALW Narrator?  Aug 18 2006, 07:11:13 PM
Does Alex really break the 4th wall? I always considered those examples as introspective and not at all addressed to the audience.
re: Performances that were not only denied a Tony nomination, but they should have WON that season.  Aug 16 2006, 09:23:00 PM
Michael Hayden in Carousel. None of the other 1994 Best Actor in a Musical nominees gave performances that affected me in the way that Michael's heartbreaking portrayal did.
re: Val in ACL question  Aug 16 2006, 07:53:09 PM
I'm not so sure how attractive Elvis is looking these days.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You