News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LuminousBeing

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
Member Name: LuminousBeing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kimberly Akimbo to stop serving ice in drinks  Jul 12 2023, 02:54:34 PM

Because I have never once sat in a theatre and thought 'wow that ice is making a lot of noise'.

I've sat next to many a chronic ice-shaker. For me and many others, it's very frustrating to be continually taken out of the moment by seatmates shaking ice, crinkling candy bags, etc. 

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2023, 08:13:58 AM

IHeartNY2 said: "LMAO…The second best musical winner in a row with a forgettable Tony number and that no one outside of Manhattan will be interested in seeing …Only in NY kids…"

I live in NH and saw KA three times. I’m so happy for its triple crown win, and for Bonnie and Victoria!

PRIMA FACIE Rush/Lottery  May 19 2023, 07:29:33 PM

Any updates on what time to arrive for a Sunday rush and/or how many tickets they usually sell? Thank you!

Kimberly Akimbo Rush  Mar 7 2023, 08:45:15 AM

Won the digital lottery for the matinee on Wednesday, 2/22. The tickets were front-row dead center.

Arrived 8:30 in the morning for in-person rush on Saturday, 2/25. I asked the gentleman at the box office if they would sell front row as rush, and they sold me BB (which was front row) on the right side. I was in the seat closest to the center in that section and didn’t experience any obstruction, but the seats father house-right would have been somewhat obstructed.

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 25 2023, 09:10:03 AM

There are no performances today, Saturday 2/25.

Bad Cinderella Rush  Feb 23 2023, 09:57:34 AM

I rushed "Bad Cinderella" on Thursday, 2/23. I arrived at about 9:50. I was 10th in line. There were about 15 in line when the box office opened at 10:00. I was given Orch row M on the side. They aren't stamped partial view. The people right behind me got front mezz partial view. Everyone in the line got tickets and there was no line at all when I left at 10:20.

“Funny Girl” with Julie Rush?  Feb 20 2023, 10:04:34 PM

Hi folks,

Since Julie is going to be going on from the 21st to the 26th, will there be any in-person or digital rush or lottery options for “Funny Girl” this week? I’m hoping to see the show tomorrow or Wednesday. Thank you!

Merrily tickets  Oct 3 2022, 05:28:23 PM

I hit “buy tickets” at exactly 12:00:00 and was 500th in line. I was able to get a pair of front-row seats for the last Friday performance . My friend clicked on the link at 12:00:03 and was 3,700ish in line. He couldn’t get tickets at all. Hoping some folks who tried today will be able to get in!

ITW Ticket Question  Sep 21 2022, 12:06:18 PM

Thank you for your response. The reason I’m asking is they appeared to have stopped selling those seats as partials during the original cast’s run. I know someone who inquired about front orch partials in August and was told the lowest price for orchestra (including those partials) was over $100.

Photos in the theatre?  Sep 21 2022, 12:04:03 PM

I once had an usher literally scream “no photographs! no pictures!” in my face when I was using my phone to send a pre-show text 20 minutes before curtain. The show was “Richard III” (Mark Rylance) and I was seated in the last row of the rear balcony, partial view. I couldn’t even SEE the entire stage, let alone would have gotten a decent picture of it with the phone I had back then. The usher hovered over my friend and me for a good 10 minutes and kept repeating

ITW Ticket Question  Sep 21 2022, 11:48:35 AM

Does anyone know if they’re still selling front orchestra partials for $79 at the box office? I live 5 hours away, so I can’t go check in-person myself. Thank you!

Max Clayton was amazing tonight!  Jun 15 2022, 11:24:59 PM

PLEASE tell me they're both as kind and sweet in person as they seem.

"

I never had the pleasure of meeting Max, but I’ve met Matt and he seemed genuine and kind-hearted. My friend also got me a Cameo from him for my birthday in April, 2020, and he went above and beyond the requirements: he sang two songs and left a heartfelt personalized message that did not feel scripted or phoned-in.

What’s next for THE INHERITANCE?  Jun 11 2022, 11:30:15 AM

I saw the Boston production. It was breathtaking. 

Unnecessary Characters  Mar 12 2022, 01:43:05 PM

PTOPhan said: "Why this is the first one that popped into my head, I have no idea, but Max from the movie version of "The Sound of Music" seems to do nothing but give Captain von Trapp a chance to make an anti-Nazi speech. Max just hangs around, eating, drinking, and sounding cynical. I never saw the stage version of the show, but I think he has a bit more to do there.

He does have a bit more to do in the stage show, but even in the movie, Max is the one wh

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 26 2022, 11:07:14 AM

@KathyNYC2 - Thanks for your response! I’m only in town for a few days, so I didn’t want to risk having no show to see for that spot if “Six” didn’t completely sell out on Friday. I guess we could’ve made it work if we’d been more daring, but I’m happy for the folks who did get SRO tickets last night. We’ll try again for Sunday’s matinee and this time we’ll wait at the theater until the last minute. Thanks again!

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 25 2022, 11:10:25 PM

Tried to get standing room today (Friday, 2/25) at 5:00. They said they only sell SRO when the show is completely sold out and suggested I come back at 6:00. They did offer partial view orch for $79, which I didn’t take. Came back at 6:00 and 6:30, still no SRO because the show hadn’t completely sold out. No other discounts or other options were available. Decided to rush another show. Hoping to catch “Six” on Sunday!

"Kimberly Akimbo" cancels 12/19, Non-COVID  Dec 19 2021, 10:00:18 PM

Posted as an FYI without commentary or judgment:

I arrived at the theater 45 minutes before the matinee curtain and was told that the decision had been made *miutes* previously to cancel both 12/19 shows "due to an abundance of caution." The box office staff member reported that no cast or crew tested positive for COVID-19 or had called out, but that a couple cast members were feeling "slightly under-the-weather." I had tried calling the box office 1.5

Selling JLP Tix for Tomorrow(?)  Oct 28 2021, 09:47:37 AM

Hi BWW friends!

I just purchased two “Jagged Little Pill” lotto tix for tomorrow’s (Friday’s) 10/29 performance at 8:00. I also entered several other lotteries which draw at 3:00 and 4:00 today, and if I win one of those, I’d prefer to see one of those shows instead. Would you be interested in buying TWO “Jagged” tix for the lotto price of $88 for the pair? I’ll know this afternoon if I’m still selling them.

Assassins - CSC  Oct 8 2021, 08:47:27 PM

nasty_khakis said: "I had really good luck contacting them last week via Facebook messenger. The person responding wasn't "box office" but they were able to confirm I was rebooked, etc."

I also had good luck by contacting them on Messenger - and I wouldn’t have thought of it if it hadn’t been for this post! They gave me my first-choice date and the same seats I had before. THANK YOU!

Assassins - CSC  Oct 1 2021, 07:43:00 AM
Still haven't received my rebooking for December. I did receive the "reassurance" email posted above, but I'm getting nervous because tickets go on sale to the public in just a few days! (I'm traveling from out of state just for that weekend so if they don't rebook for the same performance I'll miss it entirely, plus I splurged on front-row seats and am hoping to still have that experience.) I emailed customer service two days ago with no answer. Does anyone know a way to communicate with someo
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You