News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DCfan

Member Name: DCfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: WEST SIDE STORY Reviews....?
 Jan 10 2009, 12:27:29 AM
I would also have to agree with the Washington Post. I saw the show a few days ago and I thought the Spanish was great in the first act and in "I Feel Pretty." It really worked and I thought the experiment was a success. And then came "A boy like that/I have a love," and half the audience didn't know what was going on. Also, the translation was different from the original song (to preserve the rhymes) and that kind of annoyed me at that point. So...if they changed that song to English, I th
re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
 Jan 10 2009, 12:10:30 AM
I guess they didn't put that insert in for Alex...I thought it was still Rhiannon, as I did not know about the toe thing. Whoever it is, she was great!

Jan 10 2009, 12:08:13 AM
"So Much Better" - the "whoa" was VERY flat, I don't even know if half the audience realized she had just seen her name. But it built up and got better as it went on.

Comedic timing - Some of the delivery worked, some of it fell a bit flat. "Serious" could use some work, I think she could have gotten more laughs...

Overall, she was good and I think she'll get better. She's got an amazing voice, she just has to put everything together. She was much better as the show went o

Jan 10 2009, 12:01:02 AM
Just saw Legally Blonde in DC with Lauren as Elle. I definitely did not expect that (I had been rooting for her on the MTV show and was pretty excited to see her...)! I am guessing it was one of the first times that she was doing the part on the tour?

She was adorable, but it definitely felt like she was new to the part. I didn't even recognize her at first because her voice was so high - the people in charge definitely have one specific way they want those lines read, but she kind

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You