News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chloe

Chloe Profile Photo
Member Name: Chloe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: In the NYC film business

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Finale back in BILLY ELLIOT tonight  Oct 16 2008, 07:38:16 PM
Just wanted to mention that it's been indicated already a few times that the big extended curtain call wasn't being done for a while because of technical issues. It's not that they were thinking of dropping it.
re: Finale back in BILLY ELLIOT tonight  Oct 15 2008, 08:18:11 PM
I wouldn't call it a finale - the story is over - but an extended curtain call that takes us back into show biz. I can see why they want to end that way instead of on the mixed happiness and sadness of Billy's departure.
re: Billy Elliot Opening Date Announced  Mar 13 2008, 05:11:08 PM
I wouldn't say Corey is an understudy exactly. In London he's been a star rotating as Billy for a while. He was sent to Australia when one of the boys there was injured and couldn't go on for a while. Maybe they sent Corey because as an American he was already far from home while appearing in England.

I saw the English version a month after it opened there, and am really looking forward to seeing what they do with it here.

re: Time article; 'Life After Rent'  Mar 5 2008, 07:58:25 PM
I hope that sometime soon there'll be a show coming unexpectedly out of nowhere, who knows of what kind of story but making a big splash with audiences and the press. I agree that there hasn't been a phenomenon like Rent since it opened.
re: Billy Elliot Cast Recording ?  Mar 4 2008, 10:58:53 AM
I've heard that there's one exception, which is that the vocal exclamations on Angry Dance are by George Maguire. He's the one I saw when I got to go to the show about a month after it opened, and he had a very open, refreshing personality. I have no doubt that Liam Mower was great, but George was wonderful too.
re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal  Feb 27 2008, 08:46:46 AM
I don't know much about what's happening at hs current shows, but have heard plenty of stories from previous ones where audience members were very aggressive toward him before or after the show.
re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal  Feb 26 2008, 11:09:00 AM
Adam also has a phobia about large, hysterical crowds, and I'm sure it took a major effort on his part to come out as often as he did at the Nederlander when things were so crazy there. He also has a good reason for hiring protection, as there have been times when he's been practically knocked over by audience members. Just because that doesn't always happen doesn't mean it's wrong for him to protect himself against the possibility.
re: Aida Revival?  Feb 25 2008, 08:46:43 AM
Honestly, unless there's something new I haven't seen, there are no current plans for Disney to make a movie of Aida. The online columnist Jim Hill brought up the possibility last summer, saying Beyonce had been approached, but she then denied it. Since then, there have been no other professional mentions that I've come across. The only current 2010 version of Aida is not accessible except in IMDb Pro, and is an animated version of the opera, not Elton John's version. Here (once again) is what is printed there. By the way, they originally had Maria Callas down as Aida, but since she's dead her name keeps getting removed, despite the fact that they're using her recording of the opera.

IN DEVELOPMENT

Boulogne Billancourt, France:
16 Boulevard
De La Republique
Boulogne Billancourt, Hauts de Seine 921100
France
Phn: 33 155200530
Fax: 33 146219826
http://www.alphaline.fr
g.hecht@alphaline.fr
Production Co: Alpha Line Production
Genre: Musical / Romance /
Summary: An Ethiopian princess, Aida, is enslaved in Egypt where she falls for a young warrior, Radames, who is being pursued by the Pharaoh's daughter.
Source Material: Play

Current rank: 38,891

Filmmakers: Guillaume Hecht - Director / Writer (writer), Hisham Abdel Khalek - Director / Writer (writer) more »
Cast STARmeter™
Kurt Baum ... Radames 761,163

Directed by
Guillaume Hecht (attached)
Hisham Abdel Khalek (attached)
Writers
Guillaume Hecht Writer
Hisham Abdel Khalek Writer

Production Companies
Alpha Line Production

16 Boulevard
De La Republique
France

re: Movies of Aida and Footloose...  Jan 27 2008, 03:12:01 PM
That Coming Soon story is from last July and came from the same source this thread originally did, Jim Hill Media. Coming Soon is simply reporting what he said, not giving any new or supporting information.
re: Movies of Aida and Footloose...  Jan 27 2008, 12:56:35 AM
No problem. Long day for me too.
re: Movies of Aida and Footloose...  Jan 26 2008, 11:16:39 PM
..um...that's for the opera....and it's animated.....not the broadway version.

Right, that's my point. This is the only IMDb listing for an upcoming Aida. There are no details on the non-Pro page, so people assume that it's for the Elton John version. Since I have access to IMDbPro, I copied the info for people so they can see it's not the Broadway musical.

re: Movies of Aida and Footloose...  Jan 26 2008, 09:30:02 PM
I've copied below what is on the IMDbPro page for Aida 2010. For a while some Disney credits were mixed in with these, which I suspect was just an over-eager fan's mistake. Maria Callas was on there for a while too, but she may have been removed because she's no longer alive. This is animation though, as you can see from the official site I've linked, and they would just be using her voice.

It's always important to remember that IMDb is not official or infallible. Anyone can post info there, and in my experience the more obscure titles are not checked very carefully.

16 Boulevard
De La Republique
France
http://www.alphaline.fr
g.hecht@alphaline.fr
Production Co: Alpha Line Production
Genre: Musical / Romance /
Summary: An Ethiopian princess, Aida, is enslaved in Egypt where she falls for a young warrior, Radames, who is being pursued by the Pharaoh's daughter.

Filmmakers: Guillaume Hecht - Director / Writer (writer), Hisham Abdel Khalek - D
Cast Kurt Baum ... Radames

Directed by
Guillaume Hecht (attached)
Hisham Abdel Khalek (attached)
Writers
Guillaume Hecht Writer
Hisham Abdel Khalek Writer

Production Companies
Alpha Line Production

re: Adam Pascal on the closing  Jan 19 2008, 12:19:52 AM
I don't know what Urban is referring to, but what Ariella meant (I'm pretty sure) is that his site's initial launch was quite bumpy, what with fans getting angry at the person who supposedly created it and Adam getting angry with the fans. Things are calmer now.

re: Adam Pascal on the closing  Jan 18 2008, 05:02:43 PM
Adam, who is quite capable of calling his own fans names, doesn't use other words much. I'm pretty sure he means it the way he put it.
re: The autograph wall...  Jan 17 2008, 08:26:12 PM
IAMmyown, If it's a picture on your computer, I believe it's necessary to host it on a site like ImageShack and use their URL (the last one in their case) in order for it to show up here.
re: Johnny Depp on his Golden Globe win  Jan 15 2008, 04:43:43 PM
I've worked with him and found him to be a wonderfully kind and considerate person, a standout among the many performers I've met through my job. I have no doubt he felt genuinely humbled to receive this award, regardless of its status in some minds.
re: Alive in the World - new Goodman show  Jan 14 2008, 10:44:33 AM
Yes, Errico played the widow and was very good. There are six rather than four characters now, and Lea Michele played one of them, a promiscuous teen who dates a would-be terrorist. The other new role was a minister, played by Daniel Reichard. He starts out naive, is shocked by his sojourn as a chaplain in Iraq, and returns as a doctrinaire right-winger.

Marcy Harriel's part was played by Toby Lightman, an excellent singer/songwriter who I don't believe has done any professional theater

re: Alive in the World - new Goodman show  Jan 14 2008, 12:41:19 AM
The music was great, though there was no dialog or plot to speak of. I think the show would benefit from those. There were 20 songs built around 9/11 that took about an hour and a half. There was a couple who split up and found other partners, a high school girl who couldn't understand why her boyfriend the would-be terrorist was arrested, a preacher who went to Iraq, was traumatized and came back rigidly conservative. The vocal standouts for me were Toby Lightman and Adam Pascal, but all the si
re: Adam Pascal Tour  Jan 14 2008, 12:25:47 AM
I was at the Alive in the World benefit show tonight which he was in, but haven't been to one of his current shows yet. However. you can read about them on the discussion board on his site, adampascalmusic.com. You just have to register.

Seeing him after a show is very hit or miss, depending on his schedule and what he feels up to.

re: Thank You Daniel Reichard!  Jan 10 2008, 03:22:51 AM
Im sure he'll do great with whatever comes his way in the future.

Actually he's doing something this coming Sunday and Monday, benefit concert performances of a new Paul Scott Goodman musical called Alive in the World.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You