pixeltracker

Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

Sifiboy31
#1Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:44pm

Hello all,

I just felt the need to post this. It looks like there is a good chance that Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal will be on the road for about 5 months starting next January on a major city tour of RENT. I heard this from Anthony and Adam's agent recently and although contracts arent signed yet, it seems like there is a very good chance it will happen.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#2re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:48pm

didn't Anthony already say this was happening a few nights ago at the Sondheim event

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:49pm

Hey, I heard Barack Obama might be running for president.

Just thought I'd mention it! I wasn't sure if it'd been posted.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 9:52pm

Oh, wow, thanks, Lizzie! I was wondering about that! I can sleep now.

I'm sure their agent would really appreciate you sharing what s/he told you with the entire WorldWide Web.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 2/22/08 at 09:52 PM

coolkid11776
#4re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:01pm

DO we know of the dates & locations of the tour stops yet? I would like to see A&A again. Even if the show is not on B-way anymore it will ALWAYS live on in my heart.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#5re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:06pm

Lizzie, after that comment, I feel this has to be done:

[IMG]re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#6re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:58pm

I thought they were going to get Gaiken to star.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#7re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:42am

Ok, so yeah... Is this real or a joke? I am totally confused *lol* This seems like something someone would "rumor" since it is SOOOOO big and incredible and... Where have I been if this real/true?! re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#8re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:50am

I hope they get paid a boatload of money--touring ain't easy at that age in that show.

Fosse76
#9re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:03am

Are they really that desparate for work? Hasn't the market for this show essentially dried up?

Craww
#10re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 1:35pm

Where have I been if this real/true?!

Real. It became a rumor after the closing was announced, was then verified as a possibility by Pascal in an interview, and recently verified as a definite possibility by Rapp at that Sondheim event.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#11re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:19pm

Will this be a new Equity tour or will they just be replacing the tired leads in the bus and truck? And will Jess Martin be joining them?

PEACE.

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#12re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:34pm

God.... over 10 years with the same show?? They must be desperate!!! They both need to move on

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#13re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:56pm

I know it thrills a lot of people, and I'm sure I would go to see them, but it really depresses me that they have no better offers. Hauling their cookies across country in a RENT tour. The show is closing and I think it needs a bit of a hiatus.

I cringe to imagine the "unique" fans they would meet in the alleys of theatres across the country. All I say is have extra security written into the contracts boys. The RENT DVDs, books, CDs, collages, etc. will be in full force looking to be signed.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#14re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:57pm

"I cringe to imagine the "unique" fans they would meet in the alleys of theatres across the country."

=-)

philcrosby
#15re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 3:59pm

It's kind of like Joan Collins and Linda Evans touring in LEGENDS. re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

Rentheadut Profile Photo
Rentheadut
#16re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 4:13pm

I think this is a very smart move on their part. I know for a fact that they are going to be very heavily compensated for this tour and I imagine the show, despite the fact that it is "tired" will do amazing business on the road with these two in it. Look at the jump in business this summer when they were at the Nederlander. They're obviously very connected to the show, they're GOOD in it, and they're going to be very wealthy afterwards. They would be stupid not to do it.

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." -Carrie Bradshaw

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#17re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 4:18pm

This absolutely made my day re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#18re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 4:23pm

I don't mean to insult, but very few people would know who they are outside of theatre lovers. The phenomenon with their return was a Broadway/NYC thing IMO.

I have friends who attend live theatre and see every show but pay no mind to who is who. They are there to see the show, and don't remember names so much. I think many people who see tours are that way. That is why stunt casting was invented. Someone in tour stop city would rather see Joey McIntyre play Roger than Adam Pascal because they know it is a New Kid and they can say I saw "the New Kid in RENT and he was good/terrible."

Would Adam and Anthony be a big draw in middle America? I dunno. They couldn't sell movie tickets.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#19re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:17pm

"Would Adam and Anthony be a big draw in middle America? I dunno. They couldn't sell movie tickets."

That's not even sort of the same thing, because making a movie successful nationwide for a month is different from making a show a success in one city for 2 or 3 days.

Also, the tour does more than fine without them, and it will do even better with them.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#20re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:19pm

DO we know of the dates & locations of the tour stops yet? I would like to see A&A again. Even if the show is not on B-way anymore it will ALWAYS live on in my heart.

That's the only venue in which it will sell out at this point.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#21re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/21/08 at 6:28pm

Why am I thinking of Ted Neeley, 65 years old and STILL playing Jesus on tour? Adam and Anthony, this is your future...

PEACE.

Sifiboy31
#22re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 12:35pm

As a big RENT fan I thought I would post this. There are a lot of other people who know about this so its not a secret exactly. I dont follow this board very much but I figured I would put it out there if it wasnt out already. As I said, they havent signed the contracts yet, at least thats what I was told. Anthony told a large group of people when I met him a few days ago and I was talking to Adams agent about him and he told me that he probably wouldn't be able to appear at places (I book college shows) next spring because of the rent tour with Anthony, which he then told me more about. So we'll see what happens. Anthony said "major cities" and adams agent said about 5 months, hmmm...

Edit: Also, the reaction to this was very positive. The crowd of college students that Anthony talked to seemed really excited and i bet many of them would come out in a market like chicago or california. He also billed it as a "farwell tour" and mentioned that other companies will be able to do the show soon which he is really looking forward to.
Updated On: 2/22/08 at 12:35 PM

lisaspo Profile Photo
lisaspo
#23re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 2:24pm

I'm an idiot... freaking tabs. Sorry, nothing to see here. :)

Updated On: 2/22/08 at 02:24 PM

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#24re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/22/08 at 4:26pm

I'm not a big RENT fan, but I would go to see them.
Broadway Blog: Broadway Star Bingo IV

Videos