News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lamplighter

Member Name: lamplighter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Avenue Q at NWS, save your $$$ and your time....
 Oct 24 2009, 11:32:52 PM
The show just re-opened on Wednesday after previewing for a couple of weeks and already there are understudies on. They seemed very under-rehearsed, which is understandable as they probably haven't had time for an understudy rehearsal, but come on, people are paying money to see this! Hire people that can handle the material! The Christmas Eve understudy was barely audible in a small theatre with a body mic on and the Princton understuidy seemed to be using the same exact voice for all of his ch
Court/Circle for fall
 Sep 4 2009, 01:16:06 AM
The Court and Circle in the Square seem to still be empty for fall, any rumors of possible tennants out there?
That Championship Season at Westport
 Jul 17 2009, 02:30:44 PM
does anybody know who's in the cast? I would be willing to take a trip out to see it for the right cast.
re: name this show!!!???
 Jul 17 2009, 02:28:57 PM
good guesses... but the designers for Addam's Family are British and these designers were not. Little House is a possibility but this project sounds much bigger than that.

name this show!!!???
 Jul 17 2009, 01:32:55 PM
Here's todays $20,000.00 question...I was just at a diner in the theatre district, in the booth behind me were 2 well known designers, talking very loudly, they were having a conversation about a show they are working on that is being produced by a big corporation, it's going to embark on a national tour before coming into New York. They never named the show but in my intent eavesdropping I learned it was not a Disney show or a show that is currently playing anywhere else and from the budget fig
re: What's Playing Where on Broadway this Fall as of 7/15...
 Jul 15 2009, 10:44:49 AM
not true, at Circle in the Square there are only 8 principal dressing rooms, they can accomodate 2 actors each if need be and there are 2 star suites on stage level which are usually used for stage management and a green room.
On a Broadway contract the dressing room stipulations are far more specific than off Broadway, on an off-Broadway contract the dressing room doesn't even need to have a door....

re: What's Playing Where on Broadway this Fall as of 7/15...
 Jul 15 2009, 09:03:19 AM
as far as the Our Town rumor...Ken Davenport was lookng to move Our Town there for the Fall but there are actualy not enough dressing rooms to fit the cast. And with David Cromer in rehearsals for The Neil Simon plays, he would be out a lot.

What's Playing Where on Broadway this Fall as of 7/15...
 Jul 15 2009, 07:18:24 AM
we have...Race at the Barrymore, In the Next Room at the Lyceum, Hamlet at the Broadhurst, Oleanna at the Golden, Night Music at the Kerr, The Neil Simon plays at the Nederlander, A Steady Rain at the Schoenfeild, Memphis at the Shubert, Ragtime at the Neil Simon and Fela at the O'Neill.
As well as After Miss Julie at the American Airlines, Carrie Fisher at Studio 54, Birdie at the Henry Miller and The Royal Family at the Friedman.
The Belasco is being renovated so it will be empty fo

re: Flounder question....
 Jul 14 2009, 03:35:19 PM
Trevor's last Mermaid performance was this past Sunday. He is now in Billy Elliot.
re: Finian's Rainbow??????
 Jul 10 2009, 09:48:52 PM
alright, so if it is still happening, since everybody on here knows "somebody" who knows something, then has anybody signed a contract for the Broadway transfer? if they are suposed to start rehearsals in 2 weeks someone should have signed a contract.....
Finian's Rainbow??????
 Jul 9 2009, 03:31:38 AM
word around the Theatre district is that Finian's isn't going to happen. They don't have all their money and they wanted to replace too many of the actors from Encores. Has anyone in the cast signed a contract for the Broadway move?
Circle in the Square for fall??
 Jun 16 2009, 08:38:30 PM
Does anybody know what's going into Circle in the Square this fall? There was a rumor that Our Town was going to transfer there, but if it is transfering no one in the cast or management seems to know about it. I know a couple of shows have looked at the space, I'm wondering if anyone has booked it?

White Noise and Slipping?
 May 11 2009, 01:00:37 AM
I'm wondering if White Noise is still aiming for Broadway this fall? I saw a NYMF musical a few years ago bythe same name and I'm wondering if this is the same thing. I am also wondering about the play Slipping, I overheard a conversation today that this new play was coming this summer. I see that it played in Chicago and am wondering if anyone saw it and if it's any good?
will Ruined move to Broadway?
 Apr 21 2009, 11:49:59 PM
I have seen Ruined twice, it was excellent. Now that it has won the Pulitzer what are the chances that it will move to Broadway?
re: Shows coming in for Fall......
 Apr 11 2009, 02:46:18 AM
here's 2 more....After Miss Julie, produced by The Roundabout and In the Next Room or The Vibrator Play, produced by Lincoln Center.......
Shows coming in for Fall......
 Apr 11 2009, 02:29:33 AM
so far, for Fall, I've noticed Finnian's Rainbow, Memphis, that Broadway Pure Country thing, The Neil Simon plays, MTC is doing The Royal Family as their fall show on Broadway. What else...........
Empty Theatres this spring
 Mar 5 2009, 08:39:23 PM
Will the Longacre/Cort(after Will Farrell closes) remain empty this spring, or will they get shows in time for the Tony cut off? Just curious.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You