News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emilyfaye48

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
Member Name: emilyfaye48
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: theatah!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

APPROPRIATE Reviews  Jan 15 2024, 10:34:22 AM

Where can I read a thorough synopsis of the play that includes spoilers? 

Waitress @ Tribeca Film Festival  Jun 18 2023, 10:43:40 PM

any wild guesses when this will be available nationwide? 1-2 years?

Should B’way Tours Avoid Florida?  Jun 1 2023, 11:54:37 PM

sinister teashop said: "emilyfaye48 said: "This bill is only covering what they call "conscience-based objections" which would be things like abortions and prescribing hormones or doing surgeries. It does not help anyone to make the Florida community fear for their lives in this way. Traveling gay and trans people are not in danger from this bill in Florida.”

Where in the bill are “conscience-based objections” defined as you

Should B’way Tours Avoid Florida?  Jun 1 2023, 10:04:19 PM

I really need to point out the really concerning fear mongering around this bill. This bill absolutely does not give doctors the right to refuse life saving emergency medical care based on a person's identity or perceived identity. Trans and gay people are NOT at risk of death by lack of care in a medical emergency based on this bill. This bill is only covering what they call "conscience-based objections" which would be things like abortions and prescribing hormones or doing surgeries. It does not help anyone to make the Florida community fear for their lives in this way. Traveling gay and trans people are not in danger from this bill in Florida. None of this is to say we don't all still want to avoid Florida over this bill or any and all of the other reasons to avoid Florida but we really need to stop this fear mongering over a lie about this bill! Please read the actual bill! https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1580/BillText/Filed/HTML 

You can fight this bill on the basis of what it actually is not on a lie that creates unnecessary fear.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  May 24 2023, 05:52:39 PM

teddy1996 said: "someone in this thread who saw a screening said that they portray shug and celie’s relationship as unambiguously queer"

I'm so glad to hear this!! I watched the preview like 5 times in a row last night. I am so excited for this movie! I think it is going to be amazing!!! Amazing cast and it looks visually stunning. So excited about Fantasia. I hope she wins an Oscar

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  May 24 2023, 12:11:27 AM

Does anyone know how the movie is going to handle the Shug/Celie romance? The old movie completely deleted that storyline and I've even talked to some people who walked out of the musical not realizing Celie and Shug were romantic together. Curious how Celie's lesbianism will be handled in 2023

New Musical HELL'S KITCHEN, Based on the Life of Alicia Keys, to Premiere This Year  Feb 7 2023, 09:46:32 AM

I'm excited about this show!!!

2022-2023 Tony Award Eligibility Rulings Thread  Feb 1 2023, 05:15:29 PM

I think the Brit Awards nominations this year are all the evidence we need for not combining the male and female categories. I'd be fine with them adding another category that is open to both sexes. Erasing distinctions by sex is just misogynistic and hurts women.

Memphis the most underrated musical ever!  Jan 28 2023, 10:52:10 PM

I really enjoyed Memphis when it was on Broadway! I do not understand why so many people on here are implying that Memphis is not camp. It is absolutely camp. Everybody Wants to be Black on a Saturday Night is camp.

I haven't revisited the show in a while but I think the concerns about it being a white savior story written by a white creative team are super valid. People were definitely making this critique when the show premiered. Memphis was only a few years before the larger

Thoroughly Modern Millie  Jan 17 2023, 03:19:00 PM

"It felt like something out of the 1950s."

well it is based on a British musical from 1956

Hadestown Seating Question  Jan 16 2023, 03:58:10 PM

Thanks everyone! House left it is!

Hadestown Seating Question  Jan 16 2023, 12:29:48 PM

Hi all

I am getting tickets to the Hadestown tour and am looking at tickets in the balcony box which is limited view. Just wondering if the left or right is better based on the set and staging. I haven't seen the show before. Thanks!

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?  Sep 15 2022, 03:19:11 PM

Seeing Scandalous front row, at the beginning of the second act when Aimee enters she hands roses to a few people in the front row and Carolee handed one to me and I dried it and still have it in a display box.

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World  Jun 8 2022, 10:56:04 PM

if you're going to be so passionate about changing other people's behavior couldn't you focus on something worthwhile like racism or rapists? Actors getting anxiety because they're afraid of disappointing people is literally no one's ****ing problem.

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World  Jun 6 2022, 10:26:22 PM

"Okay I will say one more thing: ignoring things is MUCH more easier said than done. Just because some people can doesn’t mean others are able to. Doesn’t mean they need to get off these boards :)"

the most chronically online take ever

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 6 2020, 05:48:55 AM

I loved Scandalous. It was glorious.

MCC and LaBute  Feb 15 2018, 11:23:29 PM

I'm just so so so so so so so so happy about this happening. It's the most wonderful news. Warms my heart.

Anyone else disgusted by Broadway.com's whitewashing?  Jun 15 2015, 07:40:02 PM

LizzieCurry And I know things now, many valuable things, that I hadn't known before. Do not put your faith in Broadwayworld message boards.

Anyone else disgusted by Broadway.com's whitewashing?  Jun 15 2015, 06:51:41 PM

I don't joke about the underrepresentation of people of color in the theatre community. It's a very serious issue and it matters. Even when it's just a dumb article on an awful website it matters.

Anyone else disgusted by Broadway.com's whitewashing?  Jun 15 2015, 06:27:46 PM

For real. None of you think it's ridiculous that they tried to make a joke about OITNB but only used white actors? Really? No one?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You