News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ActingDude172

Member Name: ActingDude172
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September  Dec 14 2015, 01:37:27 AM

I saw the NY productions briefly covered on NY1 once upon a time ago, but the property had left my mind until it popped up in ART's season. Even then I only vaguely remembered it as an adaptation of a Russian novel. Cut to me seeing and listening to the show for the first time in Cambridge this past Tuesday and being inraptured. Five days later, news breaks it's going to Broadway.

Life is funny sometimes.

Will Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 ever come Broadway?  Dec 9 2015, 01:03:50 AM

I was also at tonight's performance and agree with dramamama that sound and diction were the only problems, and they didn't seem to occur until act II (may have been my seating - I switched from rear orch center to mid orch right). Went in with no familiarity with the piece and had a ball. Thrilling to experience and it made me so glad that theatre like this is alive. Hoping for a long and bright future for the production and material.

Very likely going back in the next ten

Plays about teenagers/young adults  Jun 7 2013, 05:15:03 PM
Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead
Juvie

How many professional shows have you seen throughout your life?  Jun 4 2013, 11:47:51 AM
Five Broadway productions, fifteen tours, twenty-six regional productions, and one very professional outdoor drama (not counting a few of the semi-pro others) make forty-seven professional shows. I may be forgetting a few. And I'm seventeen.
The Book of Mormon will apparently end its Chicago run on September 8  Mar 28 2013, 03:32:00 PM
Can anyone speculate as to which tour is going where down the itinerary?
Broadway Tours 2013-2014  Mar 24 2013, 02:50:09 PM
Blumenthal Performing Arts Presents The 2013-2014 Broadway Lights Series

Sleeping Beauty: November 5-10, 2013
The Book of Mormon: December 26, 2013-January 5, 2014
Evita; March 4-9, 2014
Ghost: April 1-6, 2014
Peter and the Starcatcher: April 29-May 4, 2014
We Will Rock You: May 27-June 1, 2014
Porgy and Bess: July 15-20, 2014
Once: September 30-October 5, 2014

Broadway Extras
I Love Lucy Live On Stage: August 2-18, 2013
The Lion King: August

Is the Fela Tour continuing thru 2012-13?  Oct 24 2012, 04:17:59 PM
Is this the same tour that played Broadway over the summer?
WICKED tour question  Oct 8 2012, 01:24:53 AM
I haven't seen Jeanna, but Christine's fantastic. Don't be so disappointed.
PEG's Fiddler tour  Oct 8 2012, 01:24:14 AM
Anyone seen this production? I'm considering checking it out sometime in the next couple months and was hoping someone around here could provide some feedback.
Broadway Cast on National Tours  Aug 20 2012, 05:24:16 PM
Cameron Clifford (Michael, BILLY ELLIOT, Broadway then tour)
Michael Dameski (Billy, BILLY ELLIOT, Australia then Broadway then tour)
Kylend Hetherington (Billy, BILLY ELLIOT, Tall Boy on Broadway/Billy on tour))
Ben Cook (Billy, BILLY ELLIOT, Tall Boy & Michael US on Broadway, Michael and then Billy on tour)
Lin-Manuel Miranda (Usnavi, IN THE HEIGHTS, Broadway then briefly on tour)
Nicole Parker (Elphaba, WICKED, Broadway then tour)
Alli Mauzey (Glinda, WICKED, Broadway

Top 5?  Aug 7 2012, 12:39:13 PM
Sweeney Todd
Into the Woods
Rent
Fiddler on the Roof
Billy Elliot

WICKED reviews  Jul 8 2012, 10:11:27 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure that the real Boq hides behind the wardrobe after Elphaba wheels him back there and an understudy stumbles out as the Tin Man for the final part of the scene. At this point the understudy is synching his lips with Boq's voice. This is done because there is not enough time to do costume and makeup for the real Boq.

As far as the OP goes, you shouldn't assume it takes Dorothy two minutes to get from Munchkinland to the cornfield. The movie obviously skips that fir

RENT - Singular Banana  Jul 8 2012, 01:53:53 AM
CATSNYrevival - Shouldn't we assume he runs into Collins on the street after he first leaves? That's why he's next seen helping Collins bring the goods into the loft. Collins introduces him to Angel, says let's surprise Roger with him, and also asks for help getting the Marlboros, etc. inside. Mark then leaves after their visit to meet with Joanne as he initially planned.

And my guess at the "Banana by the bunch" line is that Larson is making a point about how we've commercialized organ

How is Newsies choreography handled in an amateur production?  Jul 4 2012, 01:48:48 AM
But TheatreKid3, the best choreography is that which most creatively and efficiently explores the story and characters. Newsies doesn't do this nearly as much as, say, Once, and the fact that it won the Tony is a joke. Flashiness does not equate to good choreography. But I guess I should expect that attitude from someone who thinks H2$ had good choreography too. A good number or two (ex: "A Secretary is Not a Toy")? Sure. But other than that, a plethora of boring movement and pizzazz (ex": "Brot
Broadway Houses  Jun 29 2012, 10:46:00 PM
Of course you can. Mamma Mia!'s already proved that can be done.
Matinee vs Evening  Jun 28 2012, 02:11:16 PM
I have seen many shows at the Broadway level and otherwise. The quality of performance I have seen at many matinees has led me to have little reservation in attending a day performance. A singular example is the Wednesday matinee of War Horse I saw this spring. It was absolutely breathtaking. I saw How to Succeed later that night and absolutely despised it. However, that has a lot to do with the inherent quality of the shows themselves and not necessarily the performances. The point still stands
Once breaks $1 million this week  Jun 25 2012, 12:37:59 AM
bdn is pitting them against each other because Once wiped the floor with Newsies at the Tonys and they can't get over that.
Anyone see The Normal Heart first preview in DC last night?  Jun 25 2012, 12:31:14 AM
What's the future of this tour after San Francisco? I would really like to see it.
BOOK OF MORMON Tour Cast?  Jun 25 2012, 12:22:03 AM
So nothing is known about the Chicago cast?
New Poll: What Soon-to-Close Musical Do You Wish You Could Save?  Jun 22 2012, 03:30:35 PM
None of them.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You