News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BamaEd

BamaEd Profile Photo
Member Name: BamaEd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall
 Aug 1 2023, 06:04:52 PM

Alex M said: "give me Nick Kroll as Lancelot (and others) or give me death"

Would my death be quick? Eh really doesn't matter.

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall
 Aug 1 2023, 06:04:17 PM

inception said: "Got out my compact disc of the OBC. The show has some good songs, but boy that book... so many old, tired jokes. And really problematic in today's climate. They should bring in someone to wake it up a bit. Aaron Sorkin could probably do something interesting with it."

Aaron Sorkin could bring some of those comedy chops to it like he did to the comedy show parts of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Just genius!

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Jul 21 2023, 02:13:56 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "nybkg609 said: "Just heard on NY1 that the soon-to-be-announced actress who will be starring in the upcoming revival of Cabaret on Broadway has a connection with the previous revival (1998-04, 2014-15) and is a TV star too. Any guesses?"

The "TV Star" qualification would make me think they could actually be considering Dove Cameron, or bringing Maude Apatow over. But I don't know what type of "connection" they would have to the past Roundabout revival (but if its just a rumor mill/gossip piece...they could be using the word "connection" very loosely. ie: they're friends with the music director! or hey, they're from the same hometown as one of the actors".

Interestingly, I just saw that Micaela Diamond's current picture on Wikipedia is a production still from a 2016 Project Broadway production of Cabaret. A fan trying to will her Bway casting into existence? haha
"

The connection would be Alan Cumming. They were both in Schmigadoon! and were father/daughter in season 2 Schmicago.

I think she'd be very good. She played a Sally like character in Schmicago and is talented but not such a big voice she'd be "too good" as Sally.

So, yes, I'd guess Dove too.

Unpleasant theater audiences
 Apr 11 2023, 06:49:50 PM

TheatreMonkey said: "ggersten said: "On Friday 7 April (Good Friday) a performance of The Bodyguard in Manchester, England was stopped 10 minutes before the end as unruly audience members were removed by police. The audience members were singing along - loudly (and poorly). The production had a "no sing-along" policy/rule.

To make matters worse, a local television program presenters had complained about the "no sing along" rules saying (paraphrasing) "what's the point of going to the show if you can't sing along?" After the Bodyguard incident, the presenters faced criticism and one has apologized.

There's lots in the UK press and Twitter about the incident including audio.
Discussion and some links over on Theatreboard starting at page 217:Bad Behaviour at a Show | TheatreBoard

And Variety:'Bodyguard' Musical Halted After 'Mini-Riot' Over Audience Sing-along - Variety
"

So here is the actual video (via Reddit article) of the shocking behavior of the audience members as they are being removed from the house -- it's quite something, and the escalation during their REMOVAL just shows how far gone some people have lost their damn minds.
"

I was half expecting the audience to cheer for them to be pushed over the railing or something. Glad that didn't happen but dang ladies, read the rules and follow along. People didn't pay good money to hear YOU sing. To the show hosts who didn't agree with the no singalong rule, once again nobody paid to hear the audience perform.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release
 May 20 2021, 09:49:44 AM

I do think people are making WAAAAAY too big of a deal about how old he looks, especially off just a trailer. I think knowing Ben over the past few years has clouded some people’s thoughts about him. Also, some of y’all haven’t been around actual teenagers either. Some look 15 and some look 25. Ben is within 3 years older than Kaitlyn Dever, 5 years older than Amandla Stenberg, 2 years older than Colton Ryan, and 1 year older than Nik Dodani. Guess what folks, some teenagers

Dreamcasting Fiddler movie
 May 30 2020, 01:59:49 PM

I would love to see Jake in a big budget Hollywood musical, but I think not only his age but just young looks normally just makes him the wrong fit.

Glad nobody said Hugh. I love Hugh, but I think a Jewish actor would be the right call.

Sandler is an interesting choice and could work. All of his singing has been comedic so that could be interesting. He'd either be brilliant or a disaster, there's no in between.

My left field choice is Robert Downey Jr. He's do

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread
 Jun 9 2019, 10:10:30 PM

That's the most entertained I've been by Laura Linney in a while. More of that please.

Jun 9 2019, 10:01:53 PM

I thought the Hadestown performance was stunningly beautiful, but I don't know if it was the showstopper that was needed for The Tonys.

Jun 9 2019, 09:56:50 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "dearalanaaaa said: "Uh,,,, is this the slot Be More Chill paid for because their cast couldn't pull anything off? What did I just watch??"

Whatever the heck that was, most people probably won’t make the connection to BMC.
"

What was the Be More Chill thing? You mean the bathroom song? That had a connection?

Jun 9 2019, 09:29:16 PM

uncageg said: "There is A LOT of love in that room for THE PROM"

After that performance, there's a lot of love in my apartment (ok, that means just me, but still) for The Prom.

Jun 9 2019, 09:14:14 PM

OK, as of right now, the Tony Awards website shows Patrick Page as the winner of Featured Actor in a Musical. Alrighty then.

Jun 9 2019, 09:08:33 PM

poisonivy2 said: "BamaEd said: "Andre De Shields' speech was wonderful

The Oklahoma performances, so, I haven't seen it. I really enjoyed the fun and the wink that Ali Stroker brought to "I Cain't Say No". The ensemble on the title song went several places: Traditional barn dance, too much drinking barn dance, drunk redneck girl dancing on a table, then the end seemed a touch scary to me. Does it play that way on stage?
"

Jun 9 2019, 08:59:35 PM

Andre De Shields' speech was wonderful

The Oklahoma performances, so, I haven't seen it. I really enjoyed the fun and the wink that Ali Stroker brought to "I Cain't Say No". The ensemble on the title song went several places: Traditional barn dance, too much drinking barn dance, drunk redneck girl dancing on a table, then the end seemed a touch scary to me. Does it play that way on stage?

Jun 9 2019, 08:40:01 PM

What a wonderful speech from Elaine May. That is what natural funny is people.

Fun number from Tootsie. Santino did a great job.

Wow, they are wanting to get plays out of the way quickly huh?

Jun 9 2019, 08:31:32 PM

poisonivy2 said: "This "losing face" skit is pretty funny."

Especially after the reactions in that first category.

Jun 9 2019, 08:17:33 PM

Opening was, um, fine. Not earth shattering, not bad. Celia Keenan-Bolger gave a wonderful speech.

Great energy from Ain't Too Proud. Didn't realize that restaurant owner Nate from Difficult People was in it. That's awesome!

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 28 2019, 12:54:32 PM

I thought this had some very good moments and overall was a win. But there were some things that were lacking, not all performance based

Misses:
Valentina – Just bad all around (acting, singing, same dang eye makeup as on Drag Race). Angel is supposed to be the heart of Rent and I didn’t feel that last night
Directing – A lot of the scenes felt very self-contained and didn’t flow or incorporate into the story as a whole. When they were all together (La

2017 NBC Live Musical is
 Mar 2 2018, 02:12:11 PM

And, it's delayed again

NBC’s Production of ‘Bye Bye Birdie Live’ With Jennifer Lopez Pushed Again

Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
 May 10 2017, 11:11:38 AM

Here's a comment from someone (not me) on the article from EW.com:

...Also, many people think Lupone is not a great actress either. She cannot enunciate, she attacks each syllable with the nuance and subtlety of a battering ram, and she literally plays every role like a fiery harpy. Yes, technically she is a much better singer than Madonna (duh), but her singing is all technical prowess, showing off range, and soulless shrieking. I'd rather have a weak instrument

Laser Pointers usage at Cats
 Nov 18 2016, 10:12:04 AM

haterobics said: "I'm more concerned that if one of the Cats sees the laser, it might pounce right on top of an audience member trying to catch it.

"

Bahaha, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You