pixeltracker

Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight

Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 8:43am

She will be on with Christopher Meloni. This will be her second clubhouse appearance. Should be fun!

Updated On: 5/9/17 at 08:43 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#2Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 8:46am

Holy smokes, I couldn't have thought up a better pairing! Wonder what Meloni is up to these days.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#3Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 8:50am

He's in a web series and the movie Snatched with Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn.

Updated On: 5/9/17 at 08:50 AM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#4Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 10:24am

Thanks for the heads up!! DVR'ing now.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#5Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 10:51am

If it turns out LuPone is a fan of Meloni's work in Wet Hot American Summer, I'll die happy.

(Did their time on Oz overlap?)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 9:23pm

Andy is taking questions on twitter for tonight's live show. 

Chicken_Flavor Profile Photo
Chicken_Flavor
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 11:40pm

Omg. She was a little unsure on the show years ago, but she came to play tonight! Twitter is blowing up with all of her honest comments. 

If you missed the twitter after show she claims Jerry Herman now thinks she's too ethnic to do Dolly. 

Another Winter Profile Photo
Another Winter
#9Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 11:42pm

Patti read Madonna FOR FILTH hahaha! I love her honesty

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#10Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/9/17 at 11:57pm

That interview was EVERYTHING !   I missed the twitter aftershow.  Is it available anywhere?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

broadwayboy223
#11Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 12:06am

It's a sham if Herman really won't let Patti play Dolly. She'd be really fantastic. And no offense to Bette, but Patti would sing it wayyyyy better 

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#12Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 12:13am

Thanks, ljay for the heads up!! I enjoyed it immensely. .

Another Winter Profile Photo
Another Winter
#13Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 12:27am

broadwayboy223 said: "It's a sham if Herman really won't let Patti play Dolly. She'd be really fantastic. And no offense to Bette, but Patti would sing it wayyyyy better "

Imagine if they had Patti as Dolly AND Laura Benanti as Irene. I would kill to see them together again

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#14Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 12:42am

This was the BEST program for her to appear.  Andy asked her about EVERYTHING and her comments will go on record for eternity.  

Thoughts about Madonna and her EVITA.  Thoughts about the film adaptation of LES MISERABLES.  Thoughts on the NBC Live Musical Events.  Andrew Lloyd Webber/SUNSET BLVD/Glenn Close and seeing the current revival.  

My mouth was agap the entire time.  Patti is priceless.  

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#15Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 1:06am

BrodyFosse123 said: "This was the BEST program for her to appear.  Andy asked her about EVERYTHING and her comments will go on record for eternity.  

Thoughts about Madonna and her EVITA.  Thoughts about the film adaptation of LES MISERABLES.  Thoughts on the NBC Live Musical Events.  Andrew Lloyd Webber/SUNSET BLVD/Glenn Close and seeing the current revival.  

My mouth was agap the entire time.  Patti is priceless.  

And the Bernadette rivalry question, with a very Mariah Carey sort of answer, "I don't really know her" or something like that :)

Wayman_Wong
muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#17Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 2:18am

Whoever called to ask the question about Sunset BLVD/Glenn Close is my idol.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#18Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 2:19am

And also it was nice of Patti to tell the world that Glenn is a class act and approached her at the Kennedy Center.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Zamedy154
#19Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 8:32am

I went in thinking, "Geez. What a talented but bitter bitch. How nasty. Get over yourself. Sure you could belt Dolly's score better than Bette at this point but you wouldn't be nearly as LIKEABLE."

After watching the clips, I couldn't help but think, DAMN. How can you not appreciate her honestly and sass and 'I am who I am. Take me or leave me." She's not warm or humble or generous. She's Patti. She's damn talented and she knows it.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#20Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 8:56am

I actually think it's kind of funny that her appearance is generating so much press coverage when she's already said most of what she said last night. It wasn't a secret that she thought Madonna wasn't great in Evita, she's told the story about Glenn Close at the Kennedy Center Honors, and she's talked about how she doesn't think newer movie musicals are done well. She just...never got to say it on national television before.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#21Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 9:26am

As a huge Madonna fan, Patti didn't say anything that most people didn't already think. Patti is one of those people who despite her brashness and comments that seem to reveal some entitlement issues, I cannot help but applaud and encourage her to keep doing what she's doing. Other people would not inspire the same sort of admiration that she does for exhibiting the same sort of behavior. I can't explain it, it just makes sense for Patti.

smidge
#22Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 10:54am

Was quite impressed with how much Patti moments they were able to fit in such a short time. And still were able to discuss Chris Meloni's ass !

BamaEd
#23Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:11am

Here's a comment from someone (not me) on the article from EW.com:

...Also, many people think Lupone is not a great actress either. She cannot enunciate, she attacks each syllable with the nuance and subtlety of a battering ram, and she literally plays every role like a fiery harpy. Yes, technically she is a much better singer than Madonna (duh), but her singing is all technical prowess, showing off range, and soulless shrieking. I'd rather have a weak instrument that is expressive and emotionally resonant than a glass-shattering beam of sound that conveys ZERO emotion.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#24Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:22am

Is there anyway to access the after show that was aired on twitter?  Anyone have a link?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#25Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:28am

It looks like the after show is on Bravotv.com under the WWHL section. Enjoy!