News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cabarob

Member Name: Cabarob
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
 Feb 15 2013, 06:51:21 PM
Thanks for the answers, I feel rather stupid I didn't pick up on it being a nickname, especially having played the herald before.
CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
 Feb 15 2013, 07:39:02 AM
Nitpicky question that's been bothering me since the cast list with character names were posted: he's called Prince Topher, but Topher isn't one of the 12 names Hammerstein gave him. Did they change lyrics in "Prince is Giving A Ball" to include Topher in his names or is it explained as some kind of nickname?
The Hornpipe in Carousel
 Apr 26 2011, 04:26:26 PM
Is there any recording of Carousel that includes the full Hornpipe dance music? I own the '94 B'way revival, '93 London revival, and the OBC and none of them include it (I own the soundtrack as well, but being as they cut the number it's obviously not on there as well.) At 4 albums, I don't really want to buy another recording unless I know the music is on there and thus far my search has turned up nothing. I'm going to be choreographing the show later this year and I'd like to have a recording
Touchy licensing question -- need help
 Feb 3 2011, 06:06:32 PM
Tams-Witmark licenses two different versions of the show - the RSC version which is virtually identical to the movie, and the St. Louis MUNY version from the 60s which is the same score and basic story but has different scenes (a rotating bridge bit) and a LOT of, IMHO, corny jokes. It sounds like the latter version is the one your school licensed - which makes sense given that it has additional speaking/singing roles(an assistant for the EC guard, a servant for WWoW, and 2 other wicked wit
Longest Showtune
 Jun 29 2010, 12:58:51 AM
they were cut down significanly on their respective cast albums, but in the shows Too Darn Hot in "Kiss Me Kate" and I've Got Rhythm in "Crazy For You" both run over 14 minutes.
stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
 Jun 8 2010, 05:06:53 PM
Why is it considered okay for gay men to use the word fag, but it's considered wrong for a heterosexual to use it? Speaking as a gay man with gay friends, I hear the word used constantly. Alice, as a woman who spends a lot of time around gay men, probably just became desensitized to the word being offensive by hearing it used constantly, and gave a mea culpa upon being informed of how offensive her actions were. I agree the word is offensive - but instead of protesting one person's slip, wouldn'
"re-creating" choreography
 May 3 2010, 12:50:30 AM
Seeing a lot of people complain about the revival not using the original Michael Bennett choreography for "Turkey Lurkey Time" in "Promises, Promises" and the fact that I'm choreographing a show with known choreography, I wanted everyone's opinion on something. When should you re-create the original choreo, when should you not, and what's the proper way to do/credit if you are copying? I know certain shows, like "Oklahoma" and "Crazy For You" have a choreography book/video from the licensers wit
Rent casting opinions
 Jan 24 2010, 04:28:26 AM
I'm going to be directing a production of Rent this summer and I wanted to get some other opinions on how the show needs to be cast. From the materials that I have already read from the licensing agent (MTI) it is specified that it should be an ethnically diverse cast - but it does not specify any particular ethnicity for individual characters. I think that with the last name of Marquez, Mimi should be Latino - but what of other characters? For example, would it work to have an African American
Aida Opinons
 Mar 31 2009, 09:17:50 PM
I'm directing a production of Aida this summer (at a community theatre) and I wanted to get a few opinions on something. I asked to do this show because a)I have been making it a point of bringing newer shows to this theatre in addition to the classics and b)I was hoping to attract a larger group of African American actors to this theatre so we can do more shows that need diverse casts. I've done everything I can think of to spread awareness that we're doing this show everywhere. My question is
re: John 'Uncle Jesse' Stamos cast in Roundabout's Bye Bye Birdie?
 Mar 31 2009, 09:05:04 PM
I know that in a revival they can change dialogue - but according to the original script Albert turns 33 during the course of the show - it's a one line joke during the first scene "I'm not 33, I'm a long way from 33, I won't be 33 until tomorrow!" and then never referenced again. Dick Van Dyke was 35 when he opened in the show on Broadway.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You