News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KimmySwimmy

KimmySwimmy Profile Photo
Member Name: KimmySwimmy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2011 Tony Award Thread
 Jun 13 2011, 12:15:13 AM
for those who were like "huh?"
Spotted in the audience at THE NORMAL HEART 6/5 7pm
 Jun 6 2011, 12:13:15 AM
I was there tonight as well...Jenn Colella was sitting in my row and I also saw Asmeret Ghebremichael in the audience. It seemed like half the audience knew each other...can't remember a time I went to see a show and people were waving or calling to each other across the theater.
Born Yesterday is Fantastic
 May 28 2011, 01:45:58 AM
I saw the show tonight and it was FANTASTIC!!!! I got to the box office at like 6:30pm to see if i could grab $26 rear balcony ticket, but the nice lady at the box office gave me 4th row mezzanine...great seat. They filmed the show tonight for the Lincoln Center/NYPL archives and it should be a great recording. The audience was very responsive and the cast was excellent. Both Jim Belushi and Robert Sean Leonard were great, but Nina Arianda was spectacular as Billie and definitely stole the s
So, How Is Christie Brinkley Doing as 'Roxie Hart'?
 May 22 2011, 01:13:06 PM
Went to see it last night...had family in town and my niece wanted to see Chicago (she's 16 and slowly discovering musicals other than Wicked...i'm helping her along) so the two of us went. I actually forgot Christie Brinkley was in it until we went to the box office to get tickets yesterday morning.

From the moment she came on stage it was cringeworthy. Her singing was not good and the choreography was barely there. When she did dance, it was kind of half assed...especially when s

Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
 Mar 7 2011, 08:10:12 PM
"does anyone know who the Foreman is?? damn that guy is TALL!!! what other shows has he been in?"

haha...i have no idea who that is but i noticed the the same thign. my roommate was like "holy crap...is that guy really tall or is she (lea salonga) really tiny?"

Lin Manuel Miranda Guest on Modern Family
 Mar 3 2011, 09:32:23 PM
According to Jesse Tyler Ferguson's twitter Lin is going to be on Modern Family. But maybe he gave her the good news while filming! : )
Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Feb 2 2011, 01:57:56 AM
"I have descended from the astral plane with the help of human shoes." - Arachne

Cornelius2 - THANK YOU!!! After the show my friends and I were trying to remember what that quote was...we were dying!!!

Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Feb 2 2011, 01:52:56 AM
"Jenn is out tonight, and according to http://twitter.com/#!/understudies, Kristen Martin is on as MJ. If anyone goes, report back!"

I was at the show tonight (for the first time) and I was not impressed with Kristen Martin. She didn't have a strong voice and I felt it just got lost when she was singing with Reeve. One of the people I was with made the comment that "Jenn probably would have done great with the songs" (well as best as she can...yikes they just aren't good!) and I agree.

fyi...I also noticed that Christopher Tierney was still in the Playbill.

'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
 Jan 27 2011, 12:44:22 AM
I have an extra mailer....anyone still need/want one?
Where are the COME FLY AWAY student seats located?
 Aug 29 2010, 09:52:41 PM
I can't find my ticket to tell you exactly where I sat but when i went back in June my seat was about halfway up the center orchestra, 4 seats from the aisle. And I got my ticket at like 3pm.
AMERICAN IDIOT - understudies?
 Jul 30 2010, 06:18:05 PM
according to Aspen's last couple tweets:

"Eight names listed on our "in/out" board tonight. Yowza."

"Actually 8 substitutions. Not 8 names. Technically there are more than 8 names up there."

"Smiling. I'll post a photo of the in/out board we have backstage at half-hour."

South Pacific Rush
 Jul 30 2010, 12:36:07 PM
so they have rush tickets every day? Not just Tue - Thurs? I was thinking about maybe going tonight.
Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?
 Jul 28 2010, 12:39:07 AM
Today, a friend and I got in line for Winter's Tale at about 11:30ish. We missed the cutoff for tickets and were given vouchers. We went back at 6:30, waited and I believe that everyone who was given a voucher, got a ticket. Overall, not a bad time trying to get tickets.

From what I overheard, people had started lining up at 7pm for TOMORROW NIGHT'S performance. So yeah, I guess if you want to see Pacino, looks like you need to get out your camping gear!!

Come Fly Away Student Rush
 Jul 10 2010, 02:56:36 PM
Has anyone done the student rush? I'm thinking of grabbing a ticket and was wondering what seats they using for this. Thanks!
Sondheim on Sondheim at TKTS
 Jun 15 2010, 11:45:20 PM
I saw the show tonight...got my rush ticket around 5:30pm and there was only about 8 people in my section. A few minutes before curtain the usher came up and told us we could move down to the front mezzanine. Ended up with a great seat.
Times Square Bomb Scare Affects Some Broadway Shows
 May 2 2010, 01:29:17 AM
"Anyone else a little annoyed the only coverage is on MSNBC or FOX News? I didn't know until about 30 minutes ago something happened. And what's up with NY1 and CNN barely mentioning it?"

ME!! I just got home about an hour ago and had no idea what was going on. I saw the headline on Gothamist and turned it to CNN...nothing. NY1...nothing. MSNBC...thanks for the news, but you suck. CNN has coverage now, but it's not great. I want Anderson is his Prada straight from Times Square!!

The Addams Family 1st Preview...
 Mar 16 2010, 01:34:00 AM
I haven't seen the show or gone to the stagedoor, but I walked by as it was getting out tonight. I noticed a huge crowd that spilled into the street at the stagedoor AND there were still lots of people coming out of the theater. Looks like this might be an interesting stagedoor to go to...maybe Bebe and Nathan come out early and then the crowd thins out. No offense to the other cast members, but I assume these two are the big draw? Yes? No?

sorry I can't share anything other than "th

Why do people in the audience think they can sing during a show?
 Mar 16 2010, 12:26:27 AM
I stewed. I know I'm not helping the situation by not saying anything, but it's not my style. And oddly enough I found the women the two guys were with to be quite frightening...they could have both taken me.
Why do people in the audience think they can sing during a show?
 Mar 16 2010, 12:12:22 AM
I went to see In the Heights tonight and the guy behind sang along throughout the show. I could hear other people singing along, but they were kind of mumbling and definitely not as obnoxious as this guy. He made a point of emphasizing certain parts like "Sigue sigue!" and by emphasizing I mean I think he thought he was in the show.

I actually found the audience around me to be quite rude. The guy in front of me turned to his young son and said in a loud voice, "Wasn't that great?

re: Side by Side by Susan Blackwell
 Jan 13 2010, 01:03:02 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You