News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for guiltyone91

guiltyone91 Profile Photo
Member Name: guiltyone91
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Glee Finale Don't Rain on My Parade
 Dec 10 2009, 12:47:29 AM
I was there with you! I was like GO LEA GO LEA GO LEA GO LEA! I listened to the track yesterday and it's even better when you see her perform with the song!
re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
 Dec 3 2009, 08:44:10 AM
Okay, I honestly think that Hercules could be a great musical comedy on stage. There are no bad songs in the score, and hopefully Alan Menken could outdo himself from the so-so score from new score of The Little Mermaid with new songs. The show was great potential for being a good comedy, think the recent Xanadu. If written well, Hercules could work very well. And also remember, when working with the animated films to the stage, the plot doesn't have to be EXACTLY identical.

And I'm hop

re: Broadway: Misfit Central
 Sep 11 2009, 02:36:55 AM
Well I guess I should I have articulated more, but I was just pointing out the similarites between the characters and I was actually implying that there is a minority of theatregoers and fans who can relate, like you mentioned.
Broadway: Misfit Central
 Sep 11 2009, 02:10:55 AM
Maybe this is really obscure, but does anyone notice how the central characters of musicals in the past decades or so, have been in some way a misfit? Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray, Elphaba in Wicked, the title character of Phantom, the young characters of Spelling Bee, in her own way, Elle Woods of Legally Blonde, Billy Elliot, Shrek, Caroline in Caroline, Or Change, Peter Allen in The Boy From Oz, and many others since at least the late 80's. Maybe a reason many people like musical theatre or Br
re: Shrek the Musical's Appeal
 Jun 22 2009, 12:34:05 AM
My favorites are:

Big Bright Beautiful World
I Know It's Today
Who I'd Be (REALLY GOOD)
Morning Person (catchy as heck)
What's Up, Duloc?
I Think I Got You Beat (can't get it out of my head sometimes)
Freak Flag (even tho "what makes us special makes us strong" is corny as I don't know what, I LOVE this song)
Big Bright Beautiful World Reprise (Brian D'Arcy James almost melted my heart as Shrek in this song. It just feels so sincere)
This Is Our

Shrek the Musical's Appeal
 Jun 22 2009, 12:11:05 AM
Has anyone listened to Shrek's music and LIKED it? I've been following it since its workshop stages and wasn't very impressed with it. But I bought the recording a few days ago and it has magically grown on me for some reason! The music feels like it could have been better, and while some of Lindsay-Abaire's lyrics deserved better music, some of them were average. But overall, it's become like a guilty pleasure for me. I think it's because Sutton Foster and Brian D'Arcy James and the rest of the
re: Movie Musicals You Wish They Would Do Again & Right This Time
 Jun 1 2009, 02:05:57 PM
I totally agree about Into the Woods, I dream about it daily. Okay not daily, but I love it! Even though it's not a remake, here's my dream cast:

Bernadette Peters...Witch
Anne Hathaway...Baker's Wife
Christopher Fitzgerald...Baker
Emmy Rossum...Cinderella
Patrick Wilson...Cinderella's Prince/Wolf
Hunter Parrish (or Jamie Campbell Bower)...Jack
Amanda Seyfried (or someone with operatic voice)...Rapunzel
Gerard Butler...Rapunzel's Prince
Angela Lansbury...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You