News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Matteo

Matteo Profile Photo
Member Name: Matteo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Escape to Margaritaville Rush  Apr 13 2018, 06:59:49 PM

A friend of mine rushed last week, an hour after box office opening, and they were already out of rush for both shows that day. Might depend on which day you go. 

Marquee  Jul 22 2017, 07:50:25 PM

Just found a pic of it online.

http://golny.leeds.ac.uk/operetta/lunt-fontanne-theatre-newyork/

Why is Christian Borle Bald?  Jul 22 2017, 02:30:14 PM

What is the reason that Christian is bald for the show? In all the promo I've seen, it appears that his Wonka has hair underneath the hat. Is there a show plot point that requires him to be bald? (I also think in their "100th show" photos, he actually has some hair, so maybe this has changed?) Would love some info. 

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Feb 12 2017, 02:23:47 PM

Wanted to bump this again. Looking at joining one of these and wondering which (currently) have the most offerings. Any advice helps!

Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!  Feb 8 2017, 04:01:52 PM

Anyone have guesses for their next season? I seem to be stumped this year...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Buses-Roosters-Clocks-Oh-My-Guess-Paper-Mills-2017-18-Season-20170208

Mamma Mia!  Sep 7 2015, 05:53:27 PM

Has anyone been to the rush line in the past week or so? At the BO today I was told that standing room is being offered to those in line when they open as they aren't doing rush tickets, but I'm curious how consistent that is. Anyone have any info on how many tickets are being given or how early people are showing up?  I would love to catch it this week one last time (I definitely have no issue with SRO) but definitely don't want to get there early if the chances are slim of

Helen Hayes Status  Sep 7 2015, 05:51:04 PM

I have a few questions about how Dames at Sea is being done at the Helen Hayes.. It is not part of 2ST, correct? Is the theater for independent renting until 2ST officially takes over? I just read that their first show will be performed in the 17/18 season after renovations so I'm wondering what the timeline and ownership of the theater is.. Anyone have any info?

Aladdin Carpet  Mar 23 2014, 06:43:24 PM
Heard from a source from the production- it actually does have strings. Each of the 4 corners of the carpet has string/rope attached to it, but is using a new technology that Disney has developed. Think of a jumprope: if you spin it quickly enough, it seems to be invisible or at least harder to see. The 4 strings are on a motor that makes them spin at a high speed making it hard to see with the human eye. They are there, though! Hope this helped.
Big Fish: sound design  Nov 22 2013, 01:37:56 AM
I caught Big Fish this past weekend and was in the 5th row Orch center. The sound was bad even from there. There were numerous points in the show where I could truly not hear any of the words being said. It was really disappointing. :/
Mamma Mia! at the Broadhurst  Nov 8 2013, 06:59:52 PM
Can anyone clarify if they still have the lift used during the MegaMix?
Donna Vivino leaving Wicked  Nov 1 2013, 12:44:21 PM
Anna Eillensfield(?) is joining the Bway company as Elphaba u/s while Carla becomes standby until the new standby starts mid November. Also, one of those on your list is the new standby. I would say (I'm really not trying to be difficult) I just am not allowed to share. Sorry!
Donna Vivino leaving Wicked  Nov 1 2013, 02:25:38 AM
The new standby is an old Elphaba. Well, a new old Elphaba. It will be announced soon.

No word on if she is performing, but Lindsay has been out a lot this week due to a sprained ankle, so I think odds are high she will be on at some point.

Donna Vivino leaving Wicked  Oct 31 2013, 01:35:52 AM
Donna's last performance is this Sunday, and as of now, she will not be returning.
Pre-order Shrek the Musical on DVD/Blu-Ray; Due out October 15th  Sep 2 2013, 01:37:46 PM
After watching "Freak Flag", I noticed that every bit of the song sounds JUST like the recording, which leads me to believe it actually is. I understand that it is still the original cast and they would sound the same, but they would all have slight differences. It is definitely just performed alongside the track.

Regardless, I am still beyond excited for this to come out.

Stage Height for Kinky Boots  Jul 2 2013, 12:32:39 AM
Sat front row at KB during previews and missed absolutely nothing. The Hirschfeld stage isnt too tall, and if I recall correctly, the stage was exactly at my eye level. May have missed some of the stage floor lighting, but no action whatsoever. Definitely did not miss the boots, either!
KINKY BOOTS to win the Tony over MATILDA?  Jun 6 2013, 09:17:24 PM
I feel in the vast minority here, but I completely disliked Matilda. I constantly searched for what the hype was all about. I truly, truly wanted to like this show, and at intermission prayed it would get better so I would like it, but I just never did. I liked nothing about Bertie's performance and found the entire production to be entirely underwhelming (set and lighting aside). I really do believe Matilda will end up winning the award, but I will be incredibly disappointed.

A direct

Thrilling theatre moments/twists  Jun 6 2013, 11:31:31 AM
welcometothetheater, THANK YOU for mentioning Kristine's second act phone call.. that truly, truly, is one of the most magical moments I have ever witnessed in a theatre. Definitely made me understand once again why theatre is what I love.

Not sure if this is thrilling or not, but I was definitely not prepared for the nudity in 'The Testament of Mary". I have NOTHING against nudity, but with being in the front row, a slight warning would have been nice haha

Cinderella Rush  Jun 6 2013, 10:52:54 AM
The seats are all over the front orchestra. I rushed the matinee yesterday was was forth row on the right side, but missed nothing on the stage. They are all great seats!
Sexiest outfit in a Broadway show  Jun 6 2013, 10:51:41 AM
givesmevoice, on the contrary, I'm a fan of anything Cheyenne is not wearing.
How do you feel about going to the stage door?  Jun 5 2013, 05:40:38 PM
Personally, I love to stage door. I love to thank the performers for the experience they led me through for the evening, and that is it. Recently, however, I have tended not to go, for it is so hard to handle others at the stage door sometimes.

For example, just got back from the matinee of Cinderella where, yes, I stage doored. The groups on either side of mine were extremely loud and obnoxious (moreso than the average "fangirl", I would say", disrespectful to ensemble performers, and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You