News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ruth Sherwood

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Member Name: Ruth Sherwood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Miss Saigon vs. Ragtime (March Madness Finals)  Apr 5 2008, 10:49:19 PM
Ragtime
re: Miss Saigon vs. Side Show (March Madness, Semifinals, game 1)  Apr 3 2008, 12:12:52 AM
side show
re: Falsettos vs. Ragtime (March Madness, Semifinals, game 2)  Apr 3 2008, 12:10:32 AM
Ragtime
re: Falsettos vs. Jekyll & Hyde (March Madness, Round 3, game 8)  Mar 29 2008, 01:32:29 PM
Falsettos
re: Passion vs. The Who's Tommy (March Madness, Round 3, game 7)  Mar 29 2008, 01:31:47 PM
Passion
re: Steel Pier vs. The Who's Tommy (March Madness, Round 2, game 14)  Mar 24 2008, 09:51:49 AM
Steel Pier
re: The Lion King vs. Passion (March Madness, Round 2, game 13)  Mar 24 2008, 08:47:52 AM
Passion
re: High Society vs. Passion (March Madness, Round 1, game 26)  Mar 13 2008, 09:30:09 AM
Passion
re: Big vs. The Goodbye Girl (March Madness, round 1, game 18)  Mar 9 2008, 08:00:42 PM
Goodbye Girl
re: 'Drowsy' for Christmas  Nov 28 2007, 09:19:43 AM
You might want to get her the program from "Drowsy." Normally, that might be cheezy, but this one is not only a program of the show, it is also Man-in-Chair's scrapbook. You can see his hilarious comments, which were not in the show, about some of the characters and other Theatre related things. I think it's a must-have for any "Drowsy" fan.

DELETE - Tix sold  Jul 26 2007, 10:35:24 PM
I have two orchestra seats to Sunday night's final performance of "Gypsy." I purchased the tickets directly from City Center and paid $95.00 per ticket. I now have a scheduling conflict and that is why I must sell the tickets. I would be willing to negotiate for a lesser price. If interested, please contact ASAP.

re: Tony Musical Performances Annoumced - It's Official - No Blonde or Musi  May 29 2007, 05:39:52 PM
While Fantasia may not be performing songs from TCP, it seems highly probable that when she is introduced it will be mentioned that she is currently performing in the show, which is essentially advertising for TCP.
re: NY Times: Donna Murphy Opens Up About WONDERFUL TOWN Experience  May 1 2007, 02:39:18 PM
I saw Murphy in Wonderful Town 5 times, and I never felt her performance was forced at all. Every time I saw the show, I could not hold back my laughter at 100 Easy Ways, Conversation Piece, or Conga. The role, I think, belongs to Russell (as it was written with her in mind), but I really enjoyed Murphy's interpretation as well.

As for the Weisslers, I think they really mismanaged the situation. Aside from telling Murphy not to say anything, they didn't even allow her to perform the la

re: Folkyboy's Review of LoveMusik  Apr 15 2007, 02:04:23 PM
I saw "LoveMusik" last night, and while, I would love to see Donna perform "Pirate Jenny," she already stops the show with "Surabaya Johnny" and "September Song."
2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?  Apr 5 2007, 11:13:35 AM
I think Monk is an incredible performer, but I don't think she has a shot at being nominated in the Leading Actress category. While she was one of the few bright spots in "Curtains," she did not have enough to do to be considered a leading actress, especially in a really competitive year. That being said, the five nominees will be: Chenoweth, Ebersole, Macdonald, Murphy, and Bundy or Michele (neither of whom have any shot at winning, so it doesn't really matter.)
re: Reba  Mar 15 2007, 05:01:25 PM
Personally, I don't want to see Reba on Broadway. She has a pleasant voice, but she can't act.
re: LoveMusik: Donna Murphy makes a smokin' Lenja  Mar 10 2007, 06:33:48 PM
Donald Spoto's biography of Lenya is wonderful. I actually enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Speak Low.

Just got my tix for April!

re: LoveMusik: Donna Murphy makes a smokin' Lenja  Mar 10 2007, 06:15:29 PM
Actually, Weill is 2 years younger than Lenya...but I do think Weill suffered from some skin issues which might explain why Cerveris looks the way he does.

re: if you had to choose...  Mar 7 2007, 06:30:10 PM
Drowsy
re: what to take a mom to see  Feb 22 2007, 03:08:21 PM

I loved The Apple Tree...I think it was beautiful, but I am in the minority on that one.
Grey Gardens is worth seeing for Ebersole.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You