News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MichaelUK92

MichaelUK92 Profile Photo
Member Name: MichaelUK92
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

First Look at ANYTHING GOES in Rehearsal!
 Feb 18 2011, 03:48:51 PM
I know I sound silly. Please forgive, but for a theatre novice - what do you mean by marking?
Favourite Title of a Musical
 Jan 11 2011, 07:09:34 AM
You could list endless musicals, but select a few titles of musicals which you just love, or if not love, appreciate that they are good titles! A few that made the shortlist: Company, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (Play, I know) but my two favourites have to be:

A Little Night Music - just love the image that I get when I think of this, summer in the country, subtle music in the background, wind blowing curtains(!)

Spring Awakening - again, good imagery e.g. birth/rebirth, sexual awak

TONY Nomination Predictions
 Apr 23 2010, 03:19:05 PM
Is Chenoweth likely to get nominated?
TONY Nomination Predictions
 Apr 23 2010, 03:19:04 PM
Is Chenoweth likely to get nominated?
Harry Potter- The Musical (Not to be Confused with A Very Potter Musical)
 Apr 17 2010, 02:35:46 AM
Lee Hall? But he can't write a book.
What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
 Apr 13 2010, 05:15:35 AM
Has anyone seen the "Hercules" musical running on the Disney cruise lines?
Actors on Facebook
 Apr 12 2010, 04:58:22 PM
what's Gavin Creel's facebook?
NEXT TO NORMAL wins Pulitzer Prize for Drama
 Apr 12 2010, 03:24:55 PM
givesmevoice. Indeed about Billy. And it's rubbish. :P
Do you think 'The Addams Family' has any chance of snagging Tonys?
 Apr 11 2010, 01:12:53 PM
SayWhyNot. Understand what you are saying, but I have to agree with the comment that you can recognise and appreciate orchestrations. Casting my mind back to N2N, although everything about it was great, I must admit the orchestrations were a striking element and addition to the piece. Just my thoughts :)
Do you think 'The Addams Family' has any chance of snagging Tonys?
 Apr 11 2010, 04:11:22 AM
It's just always funny to see this happen. When shows like Shrek/Next to Normal even Billy would win categories this year that they didn't last because competition was so tough last year (and still is in some catergories) but for best musical/score, the choice really isn't that great.
TVEIT in Ugly Betty?
 Feb 21 2010, 04:51:25 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s65/ugly-betty/news/a204385/aaron-tveit-to-join-ugly-betty.html

I might be weeks old with this - but apparently Aaron will appear in Ugly betty.

Sorry/delete is this is really old news!

NEXT TO NORMAL Tour plans
 Jan 21 2010, 01:43:08 PM
I can't comment on Phillips. But I do disagree that Ripley doesn't bring any quirky-ness to the role, that's all I could see for the first 15 minutes of the show and throughout "My Psychpharmacologist and I".
Sister Act - will it transfer to Broadway?
 Jan 18 2010, 12:54:27 PM
I personally didn't like Sister Act (Have seen it at the Palladium) It's more commercial and doesn't have a very exciting score (Billy Elliot Syndrome!).
How famous is Kristin Chenoweth?
 Jan 16 2010, 04:34:03 PM
I am also interested by this. I mean, you would think an original cast member of Wicked would be quite well known. I don't really see her doing much *correct me if I'm wrong* I know she's in a few things and has hosted a few things but compared to Menzel, she doesn't seem to have found her place yet.
Billy Elliot - Why The Hate
 Jan 13 2010, 02:36:23 PM
I agree that the score is extremely weak - and so thankfully did not win the Tony for Best Score, I have no idea how or why It was nominated.

Although I don't like the show, I cannot doubt it's choreography. Personally, the story doesn't appeal to me and add that to a bland score and static set = Not the best production.

I agree it's a "good" production with it's merits but not deserving of the hype.

NEXT TO NORMAL Sets New Record
 Jan 6 2010, 03:39:34 PM
:P At least my silly comments, make people laugh - with embarrasment.

Back to the topic - I love Next to Normal and hope it lasts a fair few more months!

Jan 6 2010, 03:29:51 PM
Avenue Q is *near to closing* and no longer has the presence Wicked has internationally. I applaud Avenue Q for winning the Tony, great! I'm sure Avenue Q would want to trade places with Wicked's success anyday.

I personally think, as a production, Wicked has, and will continue to win. Avenue Q had a good run, but it doesn't have the commercial success Wicked has. And, unfortunately, that's what counts.

Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
 Jan 6 2010, 02:44:43 PM
I keep hearing it's coming to London late this year.

No idea if it's true - apparently at Theatre Royal, Drury Lane

Jan 6 2010, 02:43:32 PM
To be honest, who do you think has won between Avenue Q or Wicked?

*cough* Wicked's still running on Broadway, West End, Germany, Sydney and many other places*

Worth It?
 Dec 31 2009, 04:33:03 AM
I'm thinking of coming to NY next summer, but what shows will be "still" open at that time? (Can't be sure- of course) and is there anything I "have to see" if I come.

I don't want to come and be met with a mediocre set of shows, with nothing that really stands out.

Thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You