News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chiuptown

Member Name: chiuptown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FOLLIES to replace FUNNY GIRL at CTG in Los Angeles?  Nov 6 2011, 10:01:14 AM
Follies was produced at the Muny, St. Louis, before transferring to Century City, in 1972, most of the original cast. I had tickets and was unable to attend because of illness. what a regret.

re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)  Oct 9 2011, 11:33:15 AM
Thanks PNWlove, i left you a pm, but Stephen was a wonderful talent, and I have very fond memories of some times spent w/ him.
POSSIBLE UPCOMING TOURS  Sep 11 2011, 07:23:48 AM
It was announced this past week in Chicago, we are getting Book of Mormon for 3 months + and American Idiot.
The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread  Aug 3 2011, 06:10:57 AM
we're going (5 of us) to the matinee on Oct 16th also, but putting off buying tix yet, in hopes of a discount being extended- taking to much of a gamble?
The Official FOLLIES Broadway Thread  Aug 3 2011, 06:10:19 AM

Marriott Marquis Theatre  Jul 20 2011, 04:59:03 AM
Oh,any discounts you know of still happening? Planning to see mid October. Thanks

Marriott Marquis Theatre  Jul 20 2011, 04:58:17 AM
Oh,any discounts you know of still happening? Planning to see mid October. Thanks
Name the 1st Broadway show you saw -- on Broadway  May 27 2011, 06:30:26 AM
Summer of 1970 PURLIE
that week also saw:
HAIR
LAST OF THE RED HOT LOVERS
One night we dashed between curtain calls, saw those of Applause, Coco and Company.

Everything Was Possible  Apr 18 2011, 06:43:45 AM
Letting Down My Hair, by Lorrie Davis. About the making and being in the original HAIR cast.
The 30 Day Musical Theatre Song Challenge - DAY 1  Apr 13 2011, 06:34:50 AM
"I Got Love" Purlie
Nice But Semi-Cheap Hotels?  Feb 27 2011, 02:32:09 PM
yeah, if your really research the internet on all the sites like hotwire, etc. you can get some incredible deals. i stayed in the Hudson , by Columbus Circle, for less than $200 last summer. in fact, i think closer to $150. Great hotel and service.
John Leguizamo's GHETTO KLOWN Set For The Lyceum  Jan 1 2011, 10:21:45 AM
its trying out in chicago for about 4 weeks, i believe, can't wait to see it.
The 1993 Carousel Revival  Nov 21 2010, 06:35:11 AM
Thank you all for the incredibly informative posts. It jarred my memory. I was in the park one day with a friend, who said he thought he would go over to Lincoln Center for the matinee. I said I wasn't really interested, but would go. That production, and everything about it, was (and still is) the most memorable time I've had at the theatre. Stunning.
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas revival?  Sep 19 2010, 07:29:21 AM
Thanks Morosco, that was sensational. God i love her. I saw the national tour at the Shubert in Chicago, with Alexis Smith as Mona.
Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread  Aug 19 2010, 12:22:05 AM
i saw the tour in chgo, but gotta say, maybe my mood, but i was even more mesmerized by this telecast and bawled like a baby. Such good storytelling, such emotion. that orchestra. sorry i missed the entr'acte cause of all the blabbing. really superb tho.
Running into Broadway stars on the streets of NYC  Jul 13 2010, 06:51:37 AM
Saw Carol Channing truding up bdwy w/ a little back pack. so cute. Saw Cher in front of The Inspector Calls.
HAIR: Current Cast Worth Seeing? Or Wait for Tour?  Jun 16 2010, 06:30:48 AM
I thought the current cast was first rate. I've seen the original cast in 1970, and countless tours and companies since. i did not see the current original cast. but i was very moved by the new cast/production.
Where are you watching the Tonys?  Jun 4 2010, 06:44:02 AM
i'll be repaying my 2 best friends who have me over for sunday dinner all the time. i have them once a year for a big fancy dinner and the tonys. we've been doing it for over 25 years, and i have the deteriorating video tapes of the tonys and yellowed articles from the nytimes re winners, to prove it. we dont include any of are other friends, as there lack of interest is distracting. one year when the chicago bulls were in playoffs, and everyone was watching that, we ordered pizza (fancy dinner
Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...  May 26 2010, 06:53:07 AM
I did the lotto this past sat matinee, and there were about 10-15 of us and we all won. That sweet british kid that ran it was just great. So nice, and interested in everyone and what they had been seeing etc. a real gent.
I had a great time and pretty much agree with this review. although, i'm pretty old, and the volume issue was just NOT an issue with me. Out of all the plays I saw this past wknd (rapture, promises, andrew jackson), this by far moved me most, and I have seen hair (inclu

Show Recomendations  May 25 2010, 06:22:25 AM
Just got back to chicago from a wknd in ny. i saw hair, andrew jackson, everyday rapture, and promises,promises (Sat nite, first time Kristin was out), and was pleased by my choices. Hair, to my surprise, was the best, imo, of all. it was sensational and those guys give it there all. i've seen it several times in previous productions, and I was impressed. i got a lotto ticket sat matinee, everyone there won.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You