News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LesMiz24601

LesMiz24601 Profile Photo
Member Name: LesMiz24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Sep 5 2022, 07:11:00 PM

JSquared2 said: "ljay889 said: "I noticed the handle Sweeneytoddbway has been taken on IG and Twitter for months. The pages today may just be some kid playing around."

They are 100% fake. If they were real, Thomas Kail (and SONDHEIM) would be part of the key art billing. The childish "official" responses on social media are also dead giveaways -- no one at the ad agency is responding to twitter posts at 5:00pm on Labor Day!

"

Interesting thought! Although for what it's worth the Ticketmaster page seems to be using the same artwork. https://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/2921987

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Dec 22 2021, 12:28:27 AM

Skip23 said: "OK. So it's second preview. Hopefully they'll work out kinks. But lots of things are fatal.

1. Hugh Jackman. Too light for Harold Hill. Fades into the background.

2. Way too much dancing for Hill. He's supposed to be a conniver, not Ray Bolger.

3. Way too much dancing, period. Sure we're supposed to suspend disbelief, but these kids must spend their whole day practicing plies and pas de chats.

4. An

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Dec 20 2021, 09:39:12 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "LesMiz24601 said: "Which thread has the "second hand" reactions? I'm curious."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1123712&page=8
"

Wow was not expecting the early buzz to be so tepid. Like most people I was presuming this was going to be a big lavish production. Obviously it was a first preview but from a production design perspective this seems to have been a missed opportunity.

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Dec 20 2021, 08:45:01 PM

Which thread has the "second hand" reactions? I'm curious.

The Minutes Preview Thread  Feb 29 2020, 10:19:57 PM

Could someone please post some spoilers using the spoiler tag? I am not going to have a chance to come up to NY to see this production and am genuinely curious!

Thoughts on Back to the Future The Musical?  Feb 20 2020, 08:07:56 PM

Here's the show curtain that an audience member posted to Twitter:

Thoughts on Back to the Future The Musical?  Feb 20 2020, 08:02:10 PM

Menken Fan said: "Reading all the first performance thoughts at BTTF Musical Twitter

Lots of raving and not a single pan that I can see.
"

I noticed the same thing! Seems like a really promising start. I found a news segment that has some new show clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoRc22vjsY

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 20 2020, 07:51:21 PM

During the 2014 production of The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess, when Bess eventually sniffs the "happy dust" from Sportin' Life after resisting the entire show.

Thoughts on Back to the Future The Musical?  Feb 20 2020, 10:07:58 AM
Is anyone going to the first preview tonight? Hoping for a report from the future!
BWW on iOS redirects to spam/malware website  May 28 2019, 08:03:34 PM

For the past few weeks, whenever I try to access the BWW chat boards on my iPad or iPhone after a few seconds I am redirected to a spam site (currently goodluckday.site). This has persisted despite changing devices, clearing my cookies, and changing networks. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thoughts on Back to the Future The Musical?  May 28 2019, 07:36:21 PM

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on the announcement that the Back to the Future Musical is slated for a UK premiere next spring? 

http://www.playbill.com/article/back-to-the-future-musical-sets-2020-world-premiere

While I tend to roll my eyes whenever I see another screen to stage transplant, I have always thought BTTF would make an excellent musical. Besides already having great songs from the film, the combination of the musical styles from the 1980s and 1950s is very intriguing. 

Also, for fun, if you could travel in time to 2021, is BTTF the Musical playing on Broadway? Or has it been erased from existence?

PRETTY WOMAN Reviews  Aug 16 2018, 10:03:39 PM

NYT lists: "Closing Date: Feb. 6, 2019"

Is that correct?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/theater/review-pretty-woman-the-musical-broadway.html

Selling 2-3 immersive tix for Sweeney this Saturday (July 28) @ 8pm  Jul 25 2018, 04:31:48 PM

My plans have unfortunately changed and I will no longer be able to attend this weekend. While I would love to sell all 3, I'd also be willing to accept an offer for a pair of tickets. I am offering these at a steep discount and am happy to negotiate. Please PM me. Thanks.

Sweeney Todd
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Saturday, 7/28/18  | 8:00 PM    
Barrow Street Theatre
27 Barrow Street
New York, NY 10014

• Immersive Full View
Selling 2 tix for Harry Potter (Thu/Fri) and My Fair Lady (Wed PM) this week  Jun 26 2018, 07:16:09 PM

My NY vacation plans changed at the last minute and I'll no longer be able to head to the city. I'm selling 2 tickets for:

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 
- Part 1: Thursday, June 28 @ 7:30pm
- Part 2: Friday, June 29 @ 7:30pm
Orchestra Right, Row U
Asking $700 for the pair ($350/part). Willing to negotiate.

My Fair Lady
Wednesday, June 27 @ 8pm
Lodge Center, Row A
Asking $350 for the pair. Will

1984 publicity stunt  Jun 26 2017, 12:34:07 AM

Can someone please describe (with the spoiler tag) the final torture scene? I'm curious about the staging & what the big deal is. 

Estate of Edward Albee Yanks Rights to Production Over Casting of Black Actor  May 19 2017, 03:10:52 PM

HogansHero said: "@LesMiz24601

easy. go look up the non-traditional casts that have been routinely approved by the rights holder. 

"

I guess I am confused because my understanding of the statement from the estate is that the text suggests that Nick is white. Therefore it should be played by a white actor.

Sorry if I am missing something, but is it your belief that the estate would be ok with "colorblind casting" b

Estate of Edward Albee Yanks Rights to Production Over Casting of Black Actor  May 19 2017, 02:10:54 PM

I'm intrigued by Samuel French's own description of the casting for Virginia Woolf?

CASTING ATTRIBUTES

Ensemble cast, Non-Traditional casting, Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle), Strong Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)

http://www.samuelfrench.com/p/7480/whos-afraid-of-virginia-woolf

Any ideas on what non traditional casting choices are allowed for Woolf? 

Unnecessary innuendos in shows  Mar 31 2017, 11:30:13 AM

Kad said: "LesMiz24601 said: "I always thought most of the "innuendos" in 1776 were cringeworthy to the point of distracting. It would be different if there were satirical references commenting on the sexual repression of the era. Instead it sounds like modern day elementary school jokes from gym class occurring during history class. "

Well, Benjamin Franklin once wrote a treatise in defense of farting, so...

&

Unnecessary innuendos in shows  Mar 31 2017, 11:14:02 AM

I always thought most of the "innuendos" in 1776 were cringeworthy to the point of distracting. It would be different if there were satirical references commenting on the sexual repression of the era. Instead it sounds like modern day elementary school jokes from gym class occurring during history class. 

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Mar 14 2017, 09:49:50 PM

Any chance we can get some more detailed updates? Is anyone from BWW board there?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You