News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for maxximumvolume

maxximumvolume Profile Photo
Member Name: maxximumvolume
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If you could pick ONE Tony nominee, who would you choose?
 Apr 30 2011, 01:51:56 AM
Scottsboro Boys for Best Musical.
Why is Priscilla not doing better business?
 Apr 25 2011, 04:55:21 PM
It's doing far better than I would have expected. But what do I know?
2011 Drama League Nominations Announced!
 Apr 25 2011, 11:42:11 AM
This is likely Mark Rylance's to lose.
HAIR Returning to Broadway?
 Apr 7 2011, 01:25:06 AM
I'm skeptical that this is true, but I would definitely go see it.
Harris/Lupone 'Company' being filmed for movie theaters
 Apr 6 2011, 08:45:35 PM
This is truly great news.
Sister Act First Preview
 Mar 26 2011, 02:16:14 AM
I loved it. Patina gives an incredible, star turn and deserves to win the Tony. It's fun, has a terrific score from Menken, and has a very solid book with great jokes, well developed characters, and a straightforward narrative drive that's worth getting attached to. It follows the film pretty closely (I watched it just this morning) but expands on the scenarios nicely and adds some tension, and I love what they did with the main character; she is much stronger and more relatable on the stage.
THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
 Mar 24 2011, 10:23:58 PM
That Brantley review is just... wow. Hello Tony! So deserved. What a fantastic show.
Sister Act First Preview
 Mar 23 2011, 08:41:46 PM
I'd very much like to attend the show Friday night.
Anyone going to see Wonderland this week?
 Mar 23 2011, 01:04:11 AM
I really wanted to like this show, but I didn't. At all. As many people have already said I found it quite horrible. Amateurish, sloppy, silly. Granted it's a second preview, but this show has had many tryouts and lots of work done on it. It's a complete mess.

There's absolutely no narrative drive, surprisingly horrible and dull songs (I liked a lot of the concept recording but with the staging they fall horribly flat), horrible tacked on jokes, uninteresting characters. The design is a

Anyone going to see Wonderland this week?
 Mar 21 2011, 11:58:41 PM
bwayfan, why not just go and form your own opinion? Only one person has posted a negative review. That's not to say there won't be more, but life is full of diversity and a diversity of opinions. To allow one man to decide what you should or should not see PARTICULARLY because you already have another ticket is being a follower, plain and simple. Go. Enjoy life. Be free. Don't listen to others. Be yourself!
PRISCILLA Reviews
 Mar 20 2011, 06:52:40 PM
I'm afraid that A.M. New York review is going to be a sign of things to come. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting overly positive notices for this.

Does anyone know if Brantley or Isherwood is reviewing?

Spiderman Rush, what's it like?
 Mar 18 2011, 09:32:32 AM
I passed by the Foxwoods this morning at about 8:50 and there were at least 30 people in line.

I have no idea how many tickets they had to give out, of course, but it seems like there's definitely still interest in rush.

Charlie Sheen at Radio City Music Hall?
 Mar 16 2011, 11:37:13 AM
His shows in Chicago and Detroit sold out in 18 minutes, the fastest ever for any Ticketmaster event.

Yep.

Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
 Mar 11 2011, 11:28:52 PM
I adored it. It was classy, elegant and retro, at times beautiful and at times extremely funny. Aaron is a true star, a burst of energy and a classic song and dance man. His vocals are incredibly pure and fill the house. Norbert gives a terrific character performance, much like he did in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Nuanced, quirky, and very funny. Tom Wopat is great too; his voice is wonderful and he has great warmth. His final scene is stunning. Kerry didn't bother me at all, and her Fly Fly Away
American Idiot to close April 24th
 Mar 10 2011, 11:50:20 AM
I can't say I'm surprised, but they really should have just closed February 27 and saved themselves some money.

I wonder who will play St. Jimmy for the majority of March?

Priscilla First Preview
 Mar 1 2011, 09:53:39 PM
Merch: Magnet, window card, light up martini glass, light up pin in the shape of a shoe, 4 different t-shirts, a ladies hoodie, a regular hoodie, a pink and a blue cammo hat with Priscilla on it, and pink boas. Plus, they were taking pre-orders for the Cast Album which will be available on March 15. They also have logo cups at the bar.

I may be missing something.

will my parents hate american idiot?
 Mar 1 2011, 01:34:12 PM
The plot is definitely not thick enough. There is no plot. There's a very basic narrative thread that holds the songs together with an attempt at character development that works half of the time.

But it is fun, the energy is insane, and the staging and choreo is fairly excellent. As long as they know what they're getting themselves into, I don't see why they wouldn't like it.

Perhaps play them some Green Day before you go?

Priscilla First Preview
 Mar 1 2011, 01:30:17 PM
AlfieByrne, they are indeed holding a lotto. There are 18 seats in the front row (they removed some) for $40.00 each. They draw 2 hours before curtain. Also, the stage is indeed very high, in fact I think it is even higher than it was for WSS. For those who are vertically challenged, sitting in the front row might prove unfortunate because I, at 6 feet, could not even see people's feet and when they were towards the back of the stage they almost disappeared.

Also, Kyle has officially su

Priscilla First Preview
 Mar 1 2011, 09:38:34 AM
Jordan, I believe Pud is talking about Kyle's rambling "review" of the show that he linked to on his blog.
Priscilla First Preview
 Mar 1 2011, 09:28:32 AM
Kyle, it's very difficult to read a piece that is void of punctuation and that goes on for 20 minutes about Stephen Spinella.

Could you image... an actor... attending a Broadway show... that he wants to see... and people recognizing him... and taking his PICTURE????????

Yes, that happens. Just because he was there, and someone was taking his picture, does not automatically mean that there is some higher purpose to it. He was likely going out to support a new piece of musical th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You