News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CheapColoredLights

CheapColoredLights Profile Photo
Member Name: CheapColoredLights
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: N2N Rush tix on a Saturday??
 Jul 27 2009, 05:17:47 PM
we got there a little before 4am and were the first people on line. 15 minutes later a couple others showed up. a line definitely started between 4:30/5am. this was on saturday. not sure what time it filled up but by 7am the line looked like it had to have been full.
Gutman blog
 Jan 12 2008, 11:12:02 AM
yes i've seen travis as well. i prefer him over cory though michael is still my favorite frankie.
re: Sebastian Arcelus to Succeed Daniel Reichard in Jersey Boys
 Dec 16 2007, 11:24:02 AM
i understand it doesn't excuse it, but i'm just saying i don't think that it's fair to rip him up over his first performance. i feel he has a lot of potential to improve and i look foward to seeing him again.
re: Sebastian Arcelus to Succeed Daniel Reichard in Jersey Boys
 Dec 16 2007, 10:58:14 AM
thanks 'its just showbiz', i didn't think he would skip a show but then again, the person looked awfully similar in the dark!

i wouldn't worry too much about cory (though i think travis was a better frankie, imo), it was his first show and i felt that he was very nervous, especially when he first came out. the average theatergoer, i doubt would even catchy the pitchy notes, or rather, the group i was with didn't. he'll improve, i'm sure.

re: Stars in the Alley 6/6
 Jun 1 2007, 02:20:15 PM
thank you for the info. i have to find out if the person i'll be attending with happens to have a Visa Signature card. hmm.
re: Stars in the Alley 6/6
 Jun 1 2007, 01:41:48 PM
when you say 'get two tickets for a show', does that mean this concert? or tickets for another show and vip seating for this concert? this will be the first year i'll be attending.
re: Jersey Boys Question
 Jan 18 2007, 10:43:48 AM
in the playbill Michael Longoria is listed as Frankie Valli for Wed & Saturday matinees.
re: GOOD VIBRATIONS review by Munk
 Feb 19 2005, 09:07:59 AM
I enjoyed the show regardless to what was said. And the five people I were with at the time loved it. Maybe it was becaue we had second row seats? I don't know. But I thought the story was cute, though it wasn't too deep. And the music was fun. (killed- but fun) And maybe I'm just biased because Seb. Whatever.
re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
 Feb 17 2005, 09:09:14 PM
I heard he left due to health concerns. Well obviously not him but a good majority of the other members did.
re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
 Feb 17 2005, 07:50:23 PM
I saw Mel two times, first in May when she started, and then at the end of her run.

I thought she was alright in May, voice was scratchy a lot which irritated me since she reminded me of Krystal. (BLAH) Anyway, her acting was pretty good then, and I thought she had an okay chemistry with Jeremy. But in August she was just dreadful. Her voice had been strained SO much and her acting was completely ridiculous.

re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
 Feb 17 2005, 07:46:32 PM
I don't believe he was fired. That entire cast disappeared into oblivion. And I could see why. They were humiliating and probably had Jonathan rolling over in his grave, god bless his soul.
re: does anyone realise how bad wicked's book is?
 Feb 3 2005, 04:54:24 PM
I liked the book. But my opinion doesn't matter since you seem to have it all down.

And I never saw the play, or had anyone tell me about it, and I knew the clear meaning of animals and Animals.

Hot Broadway Actors
 Jan 27 2005, 08:27:03 PM
Hot Actors

Adam Pascal.
Jeremy Kushnier.
Cary Shields.

Hot Actresses

Karmine Alers.
Idina Menzel.
Bernadette Peters

re: Current Rent Cast
 Jan 22 2005, 11:36:13 PM
I saw the show this afternoon and it was great. Minus Drew Lachey...

Cary is a great Roger. He has the typical sensitive rockstar vibe.

Karmine Alers is my favorite Mimi. Her vocals are amazing.

Kelly Karbacz is also a spunky ditzy Maureen. And the understudy is even great. (Caren)

Mark Richard Ford is also my favorite Collins. My god that man can belt out those notes. His 'Ill Cover You: Rep.' is really heart wrenching.

And everyone else is great. I

re: Dream Rent Cast
 Jan 22 2005, 11:32:29 PM
Roger- Jeremy Kushnier
Mark- Matt Caplan
Mimi- Karmine Alers
Collins- Mark Richard Ford
Angel- Andy Senor
Benny- D'Monroe
Maureen- Caren Lyn Manuel
Joanne- Merle Dandridge

re: Favorite Mimis
 Jan 17 2005, 08:48:52 PM
Karmine Alers, hands down.

Then Daphne. Anyone BUT Krystal or Melanie B is good in my opinion. But Karmine Alers just blows the roof off the theater.

re: who's seen RENT
 Dec 29 2004, 08:37:05 PM
Jeremy is leaving the show on the 16th (?) I believe along with Krystal Washington.

I've seen him five times and love him to death. His vocals are amazing along with the acting. [Though one night the mics were up to high and I was fighting back holding my ears during Glory..]

re: RENT Ringtones....
 Nov 15 2004, 09:43:45 PM
Anyone know where I can get RENT ringtones with a Verizon Motorola V625. Of course modtunes do not support my phone.
re: Matt Caplan in Rent this week
 Oct 13 2004, 05:20:58 PM
I am thrilled to hear Matt Caplan is going to be Mark. This will be my third time seeing him and I still love him none-the-less. I've heard plenty of people complaining about his antics..and yes...some of them get annoying, but to me that's how he makes the character his own. I'll be seeing him for the Sat. Matinee. So exciting..
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You