who's seen RENT

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#0who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:04pm

JEREMY KUSHNIER is playing roger in the the broadway prodction RENT...and i have never seen it...i really would like to know if other people think he plays the role of the 'rocker roger' as well i as i think would! please message me if you've seen him in it!!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#1re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:10pm

"rocker roger"..hehe

sorry just had to be random

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Gpvegas
#2re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:19pm

I just saw Rent on Sunday. I thought Jeremy was the best in the cast. He is actually probably the best Roger I have seen. I have seen a few. I thought the production as a whole was good but I thought Mimi(Krystal Washington) was the worst I have ever seen. You could not understand a word she was saying. I thought Frenchie Davis was great during the solo. I saw 2 Tom Collins as the 1st left after the intermission. I would say the show is in decent shape for it's age.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#3re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:30pm

I saw Jeremy in August. I loved him. His voice fit the role perfectly, and he is the only one to make the song "Your Eyes" enjoyable for me. He played the character well, showing both Roger's hard outer shell and inner vulnerability.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#4re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:33pm

I've seen Jeremy probably 9 or 10 times (plus tonight). He's AMAZING.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

#5re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:38pm

Why would the guy leave after the intermission. That is odd.

I have seen the show countless times and even if the cast gets a little weak, The show still speaks volumes to the people in my generation who has to deal with the epidemic of Crystal Meth and AIDS.

IdinaRocks Profile Photo
IdinaRocks
#6re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:52pm

I didn't really like Jeremy as Roger...his acting was really good but his voice cut right through me on the high notes (and thats a lot). Maybe the sound was off that night, I don't know, but he was one of my least favorites.

Staci1818 Profile Photo
Staci1818
#7re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:54pm

I think Mark Richard Ford who plays Collins may have gotten sick. I'm not sure. I think hes been out of the show lately.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#8re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 3:54pm

I enjoy Jeremy a lot, definitely near the top out of the twelve Rogers I have seen. He's been doing the role for awhile now (almost a year on Broadway, six months national tour, and some time with the Canadian cast), but I'm going to miss his being Roger on Broadway. He really is very good overall, and I adore his voice. He has one of the most thought out and honest portrayals of Roger, I love it.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#9re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:01pm

Jeremy is a very talented singer and actor, but I never thought he was right for the role of Roger. To many times it sound slike he has a country accent, which for me is one of the biggest "no-no's" you can make in the role. The role, like you said, is a "rocker" not a country singer. Also, at times he seemed way to confident then he should be. My perception of the character is that he is broken and insecure and he was way to "c*cky" and very angry. An angry Roger is okay - but it was a bit too much for me because I did not see any sadness, just anger.

EDIT: also, I think he looks a bit to .. umm .."healthy" to play Roger. Dan Rossenbaum from the tour (physically and talent wise)is much better in my own opinion.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 12/29/04 at 04:01 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:14pm

Dan Rosenbaum is the best Roger... the end.

#11re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:16pm

TGIF--

What do you mean about HEALTHY? Are you saying that people who are HIV don't look healthy? I am lost. I am confused. I am a little shocked at your comment.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#12re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:21pm

Dan Rosenbaum is the best Roger... the end.

Out of curiosity, who else have you seen?

As for look, I think Jeremy has a great look for Roger, though I don't understand when people say he looks too much like Adam Pascal. He doesn't look like Adam Pascal at all.

I found Colin Hanlon to have the best overall demeanor for Roger. Looks, mannerisms, the way he physically carried himself. It was amazing.

CATSNYrevival
#13re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:32pm

I've seen other Rogers on boots. But I say Dan is the best, yes, vocally, but mostly just based on pure sexiness...

insomniak
#14re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:40pm

How can you be a fan of an actor you have never heard or seen?

Anyway, not a Jeremy fan at all. He overacted and his voice is terribly wrong for Roger. Glory almost made me cry because he killed it. His Roger had no emotional depth- he felt pissed off like an annoyed teenager, rather than regretful, afraid and angry at himself like some of the better Rogers I've seen. There wasn't any range in his portrayl and I didn't feel like he understood or communicated the character's feelings very well.

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#15re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:41pm

Kushnier is a good Roger. That's it. He's not overly impressive, but he's certainly one of the better ones that I've seen. I'll always be a bit partial towards John Partridge in the role, though, because his portrayal is probably the most solid performance that I've ever seen given on a stage... ever. And with a character as difficult as Roger, that's a feat.

Mark Richard Ford is definitely my favorite Collins. His reprise of "I'll Cover You" gives me chills.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

actor465
#16re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 4:50pm

I've been a lurker on this website for a really long time, and it's taken me until yesterday to actually register.

I have a question about RENT. Mark is Jewish, correct? That's what I thought, especially when Roger mentions Mark and the High Holidays. My question, however, is: In the first voicemail, with Mark's mom, why does she say that they'll miss him tomorrow (Christmas Day)?

It just kind of confuses me.

CATSNYrevival
#17re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 5:04pm

I've seen Dan five times, what the hell? Updated On: 12/29/04 at 05:04 PM

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#18re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:37pm

i really like his roger. He plays the character with a lot of anger and some prefer angry rogers over happier ones but i personally love his portryal and i hope to get my butt back to the nederlander before he departs.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

idinaroxmysox6 Profile Photo
idinaroxmysox6
#19re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 6:40pm

ive seen him twice and i thought he was great! hes really cool tho.. i bought his cd 2. but i thought he was good.

Morrible: Yes, yes, of course! Oh, You must be Miss Nessarose, the governor's daughter. What a tragically beautiful face you have! Sees Elphaba, snorts...And you must be. Elphaba: I'm the other daughter. Elphaba. I'm beautifully tragic. Morrible: Yes, yes, I'm sure you're very bright. Galinda: Bright? She's phosphorescent. i love wicked!

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#20re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:06pm

DAMN!!!i wanna go so bad and watch Jeremy perform...i heard from someone that he might be leaving the rent company....is this true??...i hope not bcuz i really wanted to see him as roger!

please message back!!

-from a HUge RENT FAN!!

BEKA531
#21re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:17pm

i enjoyed jeremy, but ADAM is the best. the end. Updated On: 12/29/04 at 08:17 PM

Peppermint Patty
#22re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:20pm

I can't wait to see Rent!

"It's a privelege to pee"-Urinetown

CheapColoredLights Profile Photo
CheapColoredLights
#23re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:37pm

Jeremy is leaving the show on the 16th (?) I believe along with Krystal Washington.

I've seen him five times and love him to death. His vocals are amazing along with the acting. [Though one night the mics were up to high and I was fighting back holding my ears during Glory..]

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#24re: who's seen RENT
Posted: 12/29/04 at 8:37pm

jeremy fan he is leaving january 16th or the 14th he will be leaving and Cary shields will be taking over the role of roger

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Videos