Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi

CrAzIaBoUtReNt
#0Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 11:37am

Does anybody know where I can find pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi in Rent? I heard that she wore black pants!?!

#1re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:02pm

re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi

Googled Melanie Brown Rent...

Why is it surprising that someone playing Mimi would wear black pants?

I heard she was awful... no surprise for a celeb-thrown-into-Rent sort of thing. Updated On: 2/16/05 at 12:02 PM

sciguy
#2re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:25pm

Scary Spice aka Melanie Brown was HORRID! I have seen Rent four times and she was by far the worst Mimi ever. It really ruined the performance for me as Mimi is a key character. There was absolutely no chemistry bewteen her and Roger (Kushnier). I hate stunt casting!

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#3re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:30pm

The problem with Mimi wearing black pants is that they were to repleace the INFAMOUS blue vynal pants, because they made her look like a fatty. Out Tonight is nothing without those pants. Period.

erinrebecca
#4re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:34pm

She isn't the only Mimi to have worn black pants. If something as simple as that ruins OT for you, then that's just a little bit crazy.

newsieboy23
#5re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:36pm

find me another Mimi who hasnt worn the blue pants. (Im honestly curious...)

erinrebecca
#6re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:36pm

Saycon Sengbloh.

newsieboy23
#7re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:45pm

I havent heard of that? DId you see her? Pictures?

erinrebecca
#8re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:52pm

Yes, I saw her when she was with the Benny tour. I don't have pictures, no, but you can probably google and find some. She's also been in AIDA, and is currently in Wicked.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#9re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:14pm

Looks like blue pants to me.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

newsieboy23
#10re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:17pm

Thats how i remembered her. Thanks! re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#11re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:20pm

No problem.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Kris2 Profile Photo
Kris2
#12re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi

Saycon wore black pants with the Benny Tour when they were in Japan at least. Not all the time. Loraine Velez wore black pants on Broadway for about a month. Some Mimis used to wear a sort of wrap around the blue pants - I think Simone and Dana Dawson did. It's not that big a deal.

scotty Profile Photo
scotty
#13re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi

TGIF. That your dog? He's bloody adorable!!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#14re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:22pm

Yepp! :)

Its my puppy (who is now 120 lbs) and he is lying on the hip of my other dog.

They are getting groomed today and I miss them so much. To quiet in the house. re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi

erinrebecca
#15re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:25pm

TGIF, she wore black pants for part of her run with the show and blue occasionally. I saw her several times, in various cities, and she always had black on when I saw her. If you've been around Rent forums for any length of time, you'll remember the huge discussions about Saycon not wearing the blue pants. It's a huge deal over nothing, IMO.

Kris2 Profile Photo
Kris2
#16re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:26pm

Saycon wearing black pants. Sorry the picture's so big.

scotty Profile Photo
scotty
#17re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:29pm

I shouldn't have assumed the canine was a HE! (and Im not talking about scary spice)

I do that alot. Updated On: 2/16/05 at 01:29 PM

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#18re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 2:01pm

Hey, it doesnt bother me! Someone said to google it and I did. Thats what I found. I didn't presume to know if that was just wore for the publicity shot or what she always wore.

And its okay scotty! You assumed right this time!

BSoBW2
#19re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 2:04pm

if the acting, singing, and dancing are good, that's all that matters...

I know that Melanie Brown was horrid, but bad chemistry is a two way street....

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#20re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 2:26pm

I heard that some of the "hippier" Mimi's got the wrap. Also some of the leggier lankier ones wore it to make them not look so tall. Karen Olivo wore it for a while. When Daphne wore it it looked cool but it became an odd accessory as the tour went on. That combined with the lacy kneepads made the costume a bit much.

I remember Saycon still having the ghetto booty even with the wrap on. That girl had some THIGHS on her.

Yeah, have to admit that they blue pants are key to that number but the black looked kinda slick as well.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#21re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 2:37pm

A wrap? Does anyone have a picture of that? I have never seen that before.

insomniak
#22re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:03pm

Bumping to reiterate TGIF's question. What wrap?

BSoBW2
#23re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:05pm

This one:

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#24re: Pictures of Scary Spice as Mimi
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:11pm

Ha...