News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jarred03

Member Name: jarred03
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?  Jul 6 2009, 12:40:16 PM
I second Madonna and Elton John, they both have a ton of great songs that could easily translate to stage.

I also think Aerosmith, Heart, and Journey would be great choices.

Mary J. Blige as well.

re: List of planned movie-musicals?  Jul 5 2009, 02:18:59 AM
Hairspray 2 will be set in college, so they will probably cut the parents since John doesn't want to be involved. So it's quite possible all the adults are cut. Zac Efron is still in for this eventhough he stepped out of Footloose.

Footloose has been called not a musical but Efron called it a musical, Hayden Panettiere had to sing at her audition, and the producers report that some old songs and songs will be in the movie and some will be sung and some will be played. So i guess it's ha

re: Best Original Musicals of the Decade  Jul 5 2009, 02:04:11 AM
Oh snap! I forgot Spring Awakening was a play first. Sorry for being a hypocrit.
re: WSS on Fireworks show right now...  Jul 5 2009, 02:02:21 AM
oh ok that's lame.
re: Twelfth Night Review  Jul 5 2009, 02:01:10 AM
I will definitly give him a second chance because like I said he did a good job there just wasn't alot to do with the character.
re: Audition songs with a twist?  Jul 5 2009, 01:58:09 AM
I've used "Alive" from Jeckyl and Hyde and changed the end from ED WARD HYYYDE to FRANK EN STEIIIIN. It worked very nicely for Young Frankenstein.

For Rocky Horror they wanted a song from the show and a pop or rock song so after I did Dammit Janet, I did Tearin Up My Heart from NSYNC as sung by Brad.

My fiance does a hysterical version of All For You from Suessical as if she's completely annoyed and fed up with doing it for Horton.

re: Best Original Musicals of the Decade  Jul 5 2009, 01:44:48 AM
I just thought of CONTACT, I loved that ****.
re: Best Original Musicals of the Decade  Jul 5 2009, 01:43:04 AM
I don't really consider the producers and drs and some others I love original musicals because they come from movies so we already know the story.

I say IN THE HEIGHTS and Spring Awakening and Avenue Q

never got to see Caroline or Change and I still need to Next to Normal.

re: WSS on Fireworks show right now...  Jul 5 2009, 01:38:30 AM
were they actually outside? on a boat? by the river? in a studio? because I went to the fireworks and didn't any performers, any camera crews, any sign of all this going on. I mean obviously they had a long stretch to cover but they could've at least had speakers on every corner so we could hear it.
re: Twelfth Night Review  Jul 5 2009, 01:32:33 AM
When I first heard of Raul it was for musicals. Everybody made it out like he was one of the greatest singers ever on broadway, so I assumed he was more of a musicals person. I did know that he had done other straight plays in the past and obviously nominated for a Tony, but I pointed that out because 1) as Orangeskittles asked, this was also posted on my facebook and alot of people on my facebook have cast recordings with him on it and 2) because all the greatness I've heard about I was rather
Twelfth Night Review  Jul 3 2009, 12:40:16 PM
So, we finally went to see Twelfth Night at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. For those of you who don't know, you can get free tickets for Shakespeare in the Park by getting up at 4am so you can get there by 6 am and wait in a line in the rain and mud until 1pm when they finally start handing out tickets. And that is exactly what we did yesterday. Well, it was all completely worth it because the show was absolutly amazing. Probably the best play I've ever seen live, definitly the be
re: THE WIZ Reviews  Jun 19 2009, 11:36:56 PM
Adam and Something, I in no way at all think that the general public will know who Anika is over Ashanti. So, I'm sorry if I confused you in some way.

The point I was making is that last year the biggest star of the show was Patti LuPone and everybody else were virtual nobodies, so when I tell my friends and family that I saw the great star Patti Lupone in Gypsy or Sweeney Todd, they say "who?", because unless your gay or a theater lover you don't know who she is. But theater fans do a

the danger of capital letters  Jun 19 2009, 02:43:19 PM
Christina or Anne could work as Amneris, cuz Sherie and Idina both riff and trill and do all that diva ****. Amneris is supposed to be a diva.

Beyonce and Alicia, I love, but aren't black enough. I know that sounds crazy but she's a nubian princess, she should look it.

Hugh Jackman and Adam Pascal ARE TOO OLD, they could play the dad though.

Adam Lambert could possibly be Radames if he could toned down the screach and leave the gay and eyeliner at home.

re: THE WIZ Reviews  Jun 19 2009, 02:28:58 PM
To AdamGreer and somethingwicked,

Do you know where you are?
More people on this messageboard and in NYC broadway community would go see Anika over Ashanti. Theater people will see it just to see it and for LaChanze. Black people will see it because it's the Wiz. And Tourists will see it because it's something they know.

This show does not need a "name" for the lead, and BTW Anika is a bigger name than LaChanze was in The Color Purple and that show did great.

re: THE WIZ Reviews  Jun 19 2009, 12:32:18 AM
I agree with somethingwicked and defyinggravity, this show could be a successful transfer if you cut out Ashanti and replace them with say Tamyra Gray or Anika Noni Rose(both of whom auditioned for this role) and say BEN VEREEN(DUH!!!)

I'd say keep Dawnn, LaChanze, and Tichina because they are the life of the show, the lion, tinman, and scarecrow can stay too if they want. Although, I don't think Tichina could stay if she wanted because of Everybody Hates Chris.

I actually wo

re: THE WIZ Reviews  Jun 18 2009, 06:13:04 PM
I saw the show last night and I have to say that it's not as bad as everybody is making it out to be.

The main problem with the show is the fact that all the good characters, and in this productions case the best actors, are way under utilized. They have so many characters that nobody has more than 3 or 4 songs, when so much could've been combined. Addaperle, although Dawn Lewis is amazing, really doesn't need to be in the show, her scenes and songs should've just went to Glinda. Evilin

re: why is carlee carmelo not doing the first wives club anymore?  Jun 18 2009, 05:43:33 PM
Didn't adrienne Lenox leave also, I think Deena Jones took over for her, I wonder who will take over for Carolee.
Will the tony's broadcast online?  Jun 7 2009, 06:18:58 PM
I was wonderring if the Tony's are broadcast online anywhere? I don't have a tv and I really want to watch them. please help me.
re: DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS: The Movie Musical  Jun 4 2009, 05:02:18 PM
I'd love to see Neil Patrick Harris as Freddy.

I hate Jack Black, he would overact the role and he'd turn the singing into Tenacious D.

Reese is a great choice, so is Anne.

re: 'Footloose' will not be a burst-out-into song movie musical...  May 30 2009, 03:51:35 AM
I'm so confused by this whole production. In my opinion if its not the musical version then what is the point?

Alot of magazines and websites report that its not a musical but the actors who have been casted and have auditioned have said that they had to sing at the audition, so if it's not the musical then why all the singing auditions.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You