News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for leftyloveshuskies

Member Name: leftyloveshuskies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unpleasant theater audiences  Apr 14 2023, 09:40:38 AM

This behavior occurred last night during Hadestown in Baltimore.  The women next to me had a flashlight which she used to look at the playbill but kept accidently shining it at my eyes.  Nothing was said but then it got worse.   At the beginning of ACT II she did not turn off her flashlight until her husband told her too 1/2 into the initial song.  

Then during the singing of  "Doubt Comes In", she again turned on the flashlight to look at h

AEA May Strike National Tours April 13  Apr 13 2023, 09:33:43 AM

So far I have read nothing about a strike actually being called so hopefully the talks have been fruitful for the actors.  I am assuming tonight's shows are still on so we are heading into town soon and still plan to stay overnight to make travel safer.  If anyone has heard anything different can you please let me know.

AEA May Strike National Tours April 13  Apr 10 2023, 11:28:17 AM

If you have tickets for an April 13th tour show how worried should you be, especially when hotel reservations have already been made for after the show?  To get their hotel refunded they need to cancel by tomorrow afternoon.

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Feb 24 2020, 06:44:49 PM

Audiences Flock to See Jordan Fisher in Dear Evan Hansen

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/198544/broadway-grosses-audiences-flock-to-see-jordan-fisher-in-dear-evan-hansen/

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Dec 3 2019, 11:27:47 AM

Jordan is a very popular Gamer and he is good friends with some of the top Gamers in the world, e.g., Ninja.  Gamers promoting a Broadway show is a young untapped market which could be great for Broadway and its future.  Besides, Jordan has the talent and personality to make this a win for both sides.

Down to One  May 19 2019, 03:15:49 PM

If the show is hoping people come into town they better hope other people do not feel like me.  I had tickets in DC, then postponement,  then cancellation, it all left a bad taste in my mouth.  A co-worker of mine had family members coming into DC for the first dates, then rescheduled them for the second dates and then it was cancelled.  Neither of us have current plans to travel to NYC.

On a lighter note,  several of the Toronto Ensemble members were in the Ke

Down to One  May 3 2019, 05:11:11 PM

I just received a letter from DC's National Theater about the cancellation of Bat Out of Hell.  Here is one statement I thought you might be interested in "Because of the size and technical complexity of this spectacular musical, producers have decided to take the show directly to New York rather than tour ...."

Down to One  Mar 31 2019, 11:52:24 AM

Jukebox Hero The Musical - was cancelled in March

Down to One  Mar 30 2019, 03:24:28 PM

The 2nd Musical the National Theater in DC had to cancel recently and both were related to Rock Music history.  

Jukebox Hero The Musical Cancelled in DC  Feb 28 2019, 07:34:09 PM

It was supposed to play March 22 and 23rd at the National Theater in DC but I received an email today refunding my tickets.  Does anyone know why the tour has been cancelled or postponed?  

Scripts on Stage during KC Stage Shows  Feb 10 2019, 08:48:16 PM

Now I feel dumb,  I read all the small print looking for a message, but missed it in the bold print.  

Scripts on Stage during KC Stage Shows  Feb 10 2019, 07:17:36 PM

I think you misunderstand what I meant,  We understand it is a semi-staged show,  what is misunderstood is "semi-staged" shows means that scripts maybe used on stage.  

Scripts on Stage during KC Stage Shows  Feb 10 2019, 07:05:26 PM

I now wonder if the Kennedy Center should somehow communicate that scripts maybe used when advertising their Broadway Stage series.  I heard several complaints about it during the intermissions so obviously there are other people who do not know it is normal.  I have seen almost all of these stage shows, loved them, and cannot wait to see Tommy next.

Scripts on Stage during KC Stage Shows  Feb 10 2019, 06:41:04 PM

The last two of the Kennedy Center Broadway Stage shows, Little Shop of Horrors and The Music Man, the lead actors carried and referred to the script during the show.  It was a lot more prevalent during Little Shop and slightly distracting, at least in The Music Man Norm Lewis also used it as a prop so it was not distracting.  I am curious, is the need to occasionally use scripts on stage normal for these type of special "Off-Broadway" stage shows. 

Macys parade  Nov 22 2018, 09:25:39 AM

No matter what people feel about who and what is performing,  I give everyone credit for performing in 19 degree weather in costume.

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019  Nov 13 2018, 04:39:20 PM

persephone88 said: "I also got an email update today about my May tickets being transferred to a July date. No mention of row or seat number. I ordered these things the day tickets went on sale for DC and had front row Center mezzanine seats. If they have given me worse seats, I will be really annoyed."

You get the same seats that you brought in May and you are not the only one who is deciding whether to wait to see what happens or just get the money back now. 

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019  Nov 12 2018, 05:01:01 PM

I got an email today about my new show date for the Washington DC showings.  I had a Saturday matinee in May and now have a Saturday matinee in July.   

Bat Out Of Hell - New Washington DC Dates  Nov 9 2018, 06:07:40 PM

Below email from etix was received by a ticket holder in DC.  It looks like it will now play DC just before going to the NY City Center.  

"Thank you for your note. Bat Out Of Hell has been rescheduled. Ticket buyers should look for an email that contains details on automatically rescheduled tickets and tickets that require additional action to be rescheduled. The email should look something like this:
The producers of the North American tour of BAT OUT OF HELL - THE MUSICAL have announced that the performance dates for the production’s Washington, D.C. engagement at the National Theatre have been rescheduled to July 10 thru 27, 2019. The tour was originally scheduled to perform at the National Theatre during May 2019. Your tickets for XX date original performance will be honored on YY NEW DATE performance. No action is required as your tickets are valid on the rescheduled date. If you are unable to attend the designated rescheduled performance, you may exchange into any of the July 10-27 shows.  In order to make this easy for you, we have provided a support form here where you can indicate your preferred performance: https://www.etix.com/ticket/online/help2.jsp. If you are unable to attend any of July engagements, we are happy to provide a refund utilizing the same form as a Refund Request. If you have any questions please call 202-628-6161.  Thank you for your understanding and support of Bat Out Of Hell – The Musical.  "

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC  Oct 20 2018, 07:54:14 PM

I also saw the show this afternoon, enjoyed it and here are some random thoughts.  The 1st act does need some work,  trying to build the story through mostly song did not work for me.  As for the opening number and introducing Beetlejuice at that time, I liked it and I thought it had to be done for the story.   I was surprised on how much I liked Alex as Beetlejuice and I learned that he could really sing.  The only change I would recommend is stop the scrat

Jukebox Hero The Musical  Oct 8 2018, 04:45:27 PM

This musical is coming to DC's National Theater in March for two days.  I read that the show is based on the music from Foreigner and it premiered in Canada, Calgary and then Edmonton, mid August.  Does anyone know how well this show was received, is it a musical, a concert or both?  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You