News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rainah

Member Name: Rainah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 05:57:18 PM

In other news, I'm thrilled to see that Hadestown appears to have reached an equilibrium. I live a good 7h from NYC amid people who rarely know anything going on in NYC (and certainly can't name ANYTHING that's opened this year) but they all know Hadestown. I find it's a good casual barometer of when a show is becoming more of a household name, enough to sell some tickets on it's own

Bartlett Sher to Direct J.T. Rogers' CORRUPTION at Lincoln Center Theater  Feb 29 2024, 11:22:29 PM

Acting was great, cast chemistry and synergy was great. Good lord the script is messy. Each individual scene was generally good, but lacking coherence when put together. It also just ended at what felt like a random point, several plot threads dangling. Despite that, I had a good time overall.

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 23 2024, 01:58:16 PM

Seems there's a digital lottery now. No mention of in person lottery on playbill.

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 16 2024, 01:18:56 PM

I dont' think producers care much what broadwayworld thinks of the show. (Personally, I didn't care for it, but love that such dramatic takes are happening).

Practically, we won't see it again because it wasn't particularly financially successful and there's no reason to bring it back. Audiences weren't showing up for it the first time, why would they show up the second time?

However, I think we'll see a rise of Fish-influenced local productions, that

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24  Feb 14 2024, 02:14:59 PM

If there's a heartstopper boy in Sweeney, that's definitely driving sales. The youths are just crazy about that series.

And some good news,

Hadestown seems to be holding pretty steady, they seem to have found a way to make it work for a while longer. Happy for them.

The Notebook seems to be starting strong. Doubt seems to be doing decent, for a play. Not gangbusters, but enough.

Broadway Cares ripped for directing funds to Gaza  Feb 14 2024, 02:11:16 PM

whatever2 said: "not speaking to the merits of their contribution, but wrt the potential for donor confusion over BC/EFA's mission ...

maybe removing EFA from their name would eliminate (some of) the confusion. i've thrown a lot of money into red buckets over the years, and i have to confess: between "AIDS" in their name and the red ribbon logo -- and, yes, what the actors frequently said on stage -- i always assumed i was donating to an AIDS-related char

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 12 2024, 05:32:24 PM

Any further updates on rush? We're in town next weekend and I'd love to see this. Trying to judge if they'll all be sold out right when the box office opens, I'm not sure I'm going to get there by ten.

And any info on where seats are? Random unsold seats or have seats been set aside for rush?

SIX On Broadway launches Royalty Program with rewards  Feb 6 2024, 01:26:13 PM

It's a great idea for a show that already has a passionate fanbase. Positions it as less of an occasion and more of a comfort thing. "I'm in Manhattan and have some free time, might as well see Six."

Looks like it applies to tickets bought from broadwaydirect/box office, including rush/lotto.

I wonder if it'll have an effect on the secondary market? IE fans buying tickets direct and then selling them on stubhub to log the 'visit'?

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 6 2024, 01:17:40 PM

Zeppie2022 said: ""Saw Jones as well, and even after all these years, doesn't seem like I need a revisit. Still too soon?!"

I guess you can say revival will give people a chance to see it who missed it during the original run. Hard to imagine any cast being better than the original but will know real soon.
"

I'm in that boat! Missed the original production, but fell in love with the script. We're making a special trip to NYC to see it.

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 4 2024, 04:29:40 PM

UnderstudiesAndStandbys said: "had never been on the (complex & moving) set,"

Can you describe the set at all? I was guessing it had a revolving piece, from what I saw of rehearsal photos.

Bartlett Sher to Direct J.T. Rogers' CORRUPTION at Lincoln Center Theater  Dec 27 2023, 05:01:30 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "Cast announced: Dylan Baker, Saffron Burrows, John Behlmann & more"

Toby Stephens is in this, which is enough for me to bump another show off my plans and buy a ticket. What a phenomenal actor. The story seems... fine? Can't say it's intriguing on its own, but imo you can't tell a play's quality by that alone. Plays are made in the little moments.

Fake Theatre Kids  Dec 7 2023, 01:45:46 AM

As far as I'm concerned fake theatre kids don't exist, because pretending to be a theatre kid is the most theatre kid thing you can possibly do.

Being really into theatre is cringe. You're cringe, I'm cringe, we're all cringe, who cares? Who cares if your favourites are slightly less cringe to a disconcerting ear? To an outsider it's all equally embarrassing. Enjoy it anyway.

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 7 2023, 08:44:17 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I honestly feel like audiences are straight up rejecting all of these attempts to make Broadway more diverse and have BIPOC stories told unless it's about Michael Jackson or has a movie star in it.A Strange Loop, For Colored Girls, Paradise Square, Ain't No Mo', Fat Ham...addHere Lies Loveto the list of shows that people just didn't show up for. Limited runs have done okay, but commercial productions have generally not

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Sep 26 2023, 05:23:52 PM

Coming in from Ottawa (Close to Montreal!) for the flea. Haven't figured out my game plan yet. Mostly I like props and costumes and other stuff that is hard to get unless you know someone. the tony voter books are pretty cool too.

Thankful I'm not a phantom phan as I expect that will be the crazy busy table this year.

Broadway Cares Flea Market  Sep 20 2023, 10:17:22 AM

Cory Schimmoelelr said: "How crowded does it get. My flight gets in at 8 that day and I'll probably go. I found some videos online and it mostly seems manageable with people most crowing in behind others at tables instead of lines. I did hear from someone there last year that beetlejuice had a huge line but I dont think a show with that fandom will be there now. Mostly interested in Hadestown and Kimberly Akimbo stuff."

In my experience it could get claustrophobi

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Sep 16 2023, 01:00:28 PM

stoptheworld38 said: "(Disregarding the shutdown obviously), Hadestown will be hitting its 5 year anniversary in April. Barring something drastic, I find it extremely hard to believe they won't stay through at least then, especially since the new cast just started. It may not be as hot of a ticket as it once was, but I wouldn't say it's struggling.

Re Suffs, I'm guessing either Music Box or Shubert, or maybe Broadhurst. Or could it possibly be the Lyceum? T

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Sep 13 2023, 03:20:10 PM

Thank you! What podcast was it?

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Sep 13 2023, 11:28:18 AM

Heard on another sm site that Groban is apparently only here till mind January, that this was apparently said on a podcast he was on. Anyone know which one/have any info? I was hoping to see the production on a march trip, but may have to reprioritize... but I also don't want to take secondhand info from a random person as gospel.

NYT: The Loss of Subscribers Who Went to Everything  Sep 5 2023, 10:29:44 PM

I don't think it's as simple as diverse or not. The question is HOW. Theatres are attempting to court audiences that don't normally go to the theatre, but without taking the time and energy to nurture those audiences. Are they networking with diverse groups? Getting important stakeholders in the community involved/onboard? Doing outreach in schools and other community places where the groups they're courting tend to be?

Theatre going is a habit that, like it or not, is

Daly and Schreiber will lead DOUBT on Broadway  Aug 18 2023, 12:22:50 PM

Any further news on this? Doubt is my favourite play of all time, and I never got to see it on broadway so I'm hyped. It's short and incredibly well structured, and balances perfectly on that knife's edge of insecurity. I'm dying to know the casting for sister james

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You