News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EdEval

Member Name: EdEval
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your First Broadway Musical Recording  Oct 24 2020, 11:59:27 PM
My first Musical recording was the unoriginal cast recording in mono of South Pacific starring Susan Shaute and Richard Torgi. These were budget albums sold in thrift stores for 99 cents which was way cheaper than the then usual price of $3.98 which was a lot of money back then, the 50s. I had to contend with them unti My very first original broadway album which was The Music Man in full stereo.
Encores do Take Me Along  Oct 24 2020, 11:52:23 PM
When Encores returnes they should consider doing a revival of Take Me Along with Nathan Lane playing Jackie Gleason's part.
Hamilton To Play Jones Beach Theatre?  Oct 11 2020, 01:51:41 PM

What a glorious way for Lin Miranda to reopen Hamilton at the Jones Beach Theatre this summer.  It's in the open air too and it will bring back the musical to Jones Beach too.  What do you think?

What Is Left For Bernadette?  Feb 25 2020, 10:36:03 AM

Now, after her triumphant revival of Hello Dolly, what remains available for the wonderful Bernadette Peters to do?  Unless someone writes a new musical  that has a matrure woman in the cast she can follow the Angela Landsbury route by doing Mrs.Lovett in Sweeney Todd,  perhaps a revival of Dear World,  play Granny in Pippin, Madame Hortance in Zorba,  lastly Desiree's mother in Little Night Music.  Her Ethel Merman repertoire has dried up and too old fo

Mack & Mabel City Center Encores!  Feb 23 2020, 02:39:23 PM

A black Fatty Arbuckle  doesn't matter.  It is NOT the character of the real person Roscoe Arbuckle but the character he played, "Fatty"  and with that is opened to any to the creators of what they want.  The actpr who played him did a splendid job,

Jeremy O. Harris wants to deconstruct the Pearl Bailey  Jan 18 2020, 07:39:00 PM

Just when we are now almost sick of Hello Dolly and could wait anoither ten years for the next revival of it,  I'd think it would be great if Queen Latifa play Dolly in the same way Pear Bailey did.

I'm Related/Descended to a Broadway Legend.  Nov 11 2019, 09:31:45 PM
Are you related or descended to a famous Broadway legend? Was Alfred Drake your great uncle or Ethel Merman your grandmother? Tells us and if you too are foilowing the family tradition of being in show biz.
Time for a Victor/Victoria revival...  Nov 6 2019, 08:23:33 PM
Well who else do you think will grab at it first? BERNADETE PETERS...of course!
Sutton Foster as Mama Rose in GYPSY  Nov 5 2019, 11:29:04 PM
NO! She'd be better off doing MAME!
THE LITTLE MERMAID LIVE! Discussion Thread  Nov 5 2019, 11:25:04 PM
It stunk!
Broadway’s “Memphis” 10 Years Later...  Oct 20 2019, 09:06:31 PM
If they do a movie version I'd like to see Hugh Jackman play the male lead.
If Julie Andrews hadn’t lost her voice  Oct 17 2019, 06:40:43 PM
Julie could have done nicely as Margaret Johnson in Light in the Piazza.
An All Male West Side Story?  Oct 9 2019, 12:13:42 PM
If they DARE to cut one song from this I will NOT support it and wish it FLOPS!
Opinions about JUDY  Oct 9 2019, 12:06:46 PM
First, I want to thank Renee for giving such an honest and heartfelt portrayal of Judy. However I found it sad and very depressing. Bring your tissues.
Julius LaRosa Musical  Oct 9 2019, 11:00:33 AM
Back in the early 50's a radio and television host ruled the air waves. His name was Arthur Godfrey. He would host a variety show that featured new talent. One singer was a handsome Italian tenor called Julius LaRosa who Godfrey favored until professional jealousy soured the relationship. Godfrey fired him live right on the air. I think this would make a great musical perhaps featuring Jose Llana or Matt Cavenaugh as tenor LaRosa and Alec Baldwin as Godfrey. A good title for it would b
Nancy Walker musical from 1985  Sep 9 2019, 11:34:20 AM
A Nancy Walker musical would be great if done in the Funny Girl fashion. Homely, unappreciated Jewish girl from Brooklyn gets to play the Big Time on Broadway, it should be a natural, a cinch. Why not?
Ilya Darling Revival?  Sep 9 2019, 11:27:24 AM
The best candidate to play the character Ilya would be Jennifer Lopez or Gloria Estefan.
Ilya Darling Revival?  Sep 7 2019, 08:20:37 PM
I heard there may be a limited run of an Ilya Darling revival. Who do you think could pull it off as the late sultry Melina Mercouri type for this musical of Never On Sunday?
Arsenic and Old Lace as a musical  Aug 18 2019, 08:15:19 AM

I throw out this idea to you young composers out there.  Could you make a musical out of the old play Arsenic and Old Lace?  You can have Bette Midler and Bernadette Peters as the old aunts and Nathan Lane as their brother Teddy.  I think it would be a hit.

I Was On Stage With Mary Martin  Aug 15 2019, 01:10:43 PM

Did you have the fortune to play on stage with the great Mary Martin?  Where you a child or young chorus singer or dancer in one of her shows?  Could you tell us a story about it?  Thanks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You