News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Blue207

Member Name: Blue207
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread
 Jun 10 2019, 11:07:33 PM

ChildofEarth said: "I saw a news report (CBS) that said ticket sales for Hadestown went up 1,300% ....that’s insane and the best musical title obviously does still mean something no matter what the ratings are."

I figured they’d go up significantly, but that’s a huge increase! I will say that I haven’t seen it yet and wasn’t too sold on the story, but I liked their performance a lot more than I expected. Maybe that changed other people&r

MITB Tony's Reactions
 Jun 10 2019, 10:26:35 PM

JudyDenmark said: "To be fair, though... whatever's being said online is being missed by an entire theatergoing demo. I like to use my 70-something parents as a gauge, since they regularly see shows and are consistent ticket-buyers, but don't spend any time reading about theatre online...and are definitely not on Twitter.And they had no clue whatsoeverthat the bathroom song they enjoyed at the Tonyslast night was a parody of Be More Chill until I told them. (And even then I&#

Tootsie - Chicago tryout
 Sep 13 2018, 11:11:42 PM

Guess I know what I’m watching this weekend... thanks! smiley

Tootsie - Chicago tryout
 Sep 13 2018, 07:07:48 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted reviews (and the discount code for previews!). Convinced me to get a ticket to see this show in a couple of weeks! I honestly know next to nothing about the movie... for those of you who have seen the show, should I watch the movie before I see it? Or better to wait until after? Thanks!

Theatre in Chicago
 Aug 5 2017, 02:39:14 PM

The New Stages Festival will be happening at the Goodman while I am there, has anyone been to their readings before?  I think my options are either a reading there or The Rembrandt at Steppenwolf.

Theatre in Chicago
 Aug 5 2017, 10:49:39 AM

Thanks for the responses!  Unfortunately Moby Dick closes September 3rd and I didn't see any other productions on the calendar for Lookingglass until October.  I've already seen A View From The Bridge, but will take a look to see if anything else is at the Goodman when I'm there.

I will definitely look up Balena and Summerhouse, thanks!  I avoid Times Square as much as possible when trying to get to the Broadway theaters and I would never

Theatre in Chicago
 Aug 4 2017, 09:59:04 PM

Hi all!  I'll be in Chicago for three nights in late September, already have Hamilton tickets, and will likely go to the Chicago Symphony also.  Looking for a play to see as well.  I've heard great things about Steppenwolf, so am thinking about The Rembrandt for the third day.  It looks like any seat would likely be fine in the Upstairs Theatre?  Their website is showing various ticket prices for each seat, some of which just say web and the dis

Advice- DEH or Great Comet?
 Dec 3 2016, 07:08:28 PM

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses!  Decided to go with Great Comet due to the unique opportunity to see it staged at the Imperial and my mom thinking DEH might be too heavy to see along with Miss Saigon.  We were able to get front row mezz tickets for Great Comet and are looking forward to it!

Advice- DEH or Great Comet?
 Dec 1 2016, 06:47:48 PM

Have been following the discussions on these boards and am hoping for some advice from all of you.  I'll be in NYC in March to take my mom to see Miss Saigon, and we have time to see one other show.  I'm torn between Dear Evan Hansen and Great Comet- the music is maybe a bit more my taste for DEH from what I have heard of the shows so far, but Great Comet seems like an overall more interesting experience and Josh Groban was impressive when I saw him in concert.  It also

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You