News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Stage Door Sally

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Member Name: Stage Door Sally
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aladdin cancelled today  Jan 15 2024, 10:38:33 AM

My response seems to have disappeared. If it shows up again, apologies for any duplication. The show did indeed go on Sunday afternoon. I went specifically to see David Wright, Jr. (understudy) as Aladdin. It's fun watching talented actors early in their careers as they develop. David was terrific and the show was fun. As for the technical problem, I believe it was with the magic carpet. It seemed rather fixed in place with limited movement, so not fully fixed. Didn't bother me.

Aladdin cancelled today  Jan 13 2024, 08:52:03 PM

Thanks!

Aladdin cancelled today  Jan 13 2024, 08:17:03 PM

I understand Aladdin stopped during the opening number at the matinee today and the show was then cancelled. Tonight's performance was also cancelled. I have tickets for tomorrow's matinee and was wondering if anyone has heard what's going on?

Sinatra the Musical Beginning September 23 UK's Birmingham Theatre  Oct 18 2023, 02:56:35 PM

Thanks for the link GG. 

Considering the Sinatra family is entrenched in this, I'm not surprised the story is skewed, and ultimately doesn't work. Which is too bad. It's Matt's first big starring role and I was rooting for him to succeed. Granted, from the sample reviews I've now read, he has the vocal chops, the crowd likes him, and the supporting cast shines. But performances alone can't make the book a good one.

I think Matt has a terrific voice a

Sinatra the Musical Beginning September 23 UK's Birmingham Theatre  Oct 14 2023, 05:15:12 PM

Haven't found many reviews. Has anyone seen it?

Sinatra the Musical Beginning September 23 UK's Birmingham Theatre  Sep 27 2023, 03:11:12 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "But this also feels like something that could bypass Broadway and make a killing. They could get 100 touring weeks out of it and then license it."

Sinatramania!

Like Beatlemania, basically an homage concert experience. It could alternate with A Beautiful Noise on tour.

Josh Gad & Andrew Rannells to star in GUTENBERG! THE (BEST) MUSICAL (EVER)  Sep 6 2023, 12:25:47 PM

Rannells plays young, so yes him as Bobby, and Gad could handle Lockstock.

O.K., you kinda caught me. (Just kinda, I do think Rannells could play Bobby. But Gad... yeah not so good as Lockstock. Totally suited for Barrel, but that's not a starring role).

I just want a revival of Urinetown sooo badly, I want anyone in it that could bring it to Broadway. crying

Josh Gad & Andrew Rannells to star in GUTENBERG! THE (BEST) MUSICAL (EVER)  Sep 6 2023, 12:11:52 PM

I'd love to see them in a revival of Urinetown: The Musical.

What next for Jodie Comer?  Jun 26 2023, 03:01:29 PM

She'd be great as Winnie in Beckett's Happy Days. Heck, I'll see her in anything. 

Prima Facie recoups investment  Jun 20 2023, 05:20:16 PM

Great news that this show has recouped!

I became a fan of Jodie Comer in the same way I did with Bryan Cranston - from TV. Their talent was so entertaining to watch, from Jodie's chilling/hilarious work in Killing Eve to Bryan as everyman goes bad in Breaking Bad. I  I couldn't wait to see them on Broadway and both delivered with tour-de-force performances. Estimable actors. Will gladly watch anything they're in.

Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!  Jun 7 2023, 07:12:22 PM

Last week Jeopardy! honored Andrew Lloyd Webber. This week it gives a tip of the hat to Stephen Sondheim.

The categories in the first round of tonight's show are all names of Sondheim musicals (the clues aren't related):

Into The Woods, Company, A Little Night Music, Passion, Merrily We Roll Along

Jeopardy!: Andrew Lloyd Webber  May 31 2023, 09:10:37 PM

There was an Andrew Lloyd Webber category on tonight's Jeopardy! with clues narrated by ALW himself. The answers/questions were all pretty easy, no-brainers for Broadway fans.

The clues from lowest to highest dollar: Memory from Cats, Prince Charming from Bad Cinderella, Judas from Jesus Christ Superstar, Phantom of the Opera being longest running musical on Broadway, Glenn Close as Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard.

Apple TV+ Series SCHMIGADOON! - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 30 2023, 11:23:06 AM

I'm having a blast with this show! The song parodies are super clever and on point. "Good Enough to Eat" is hysterical, and, dare I say brilliant. There, I dared. Jane, Kristin, Alan, Tituss, Dove all phenomenal. And Aaron Tveit has so much more chemistry than he did in Moulin Rouge. I would love to see them sneak a little Urinetown in there.

PRIMA FACIE Reviews  Apr 30 2023, 11:16:39 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "Jodie Comer is giving a powerhouse performance for the ages. What she is doing on ha stage isn't even human. I thought the script was great and am not sure what some found to be problematic about it. This is such a powerful and haunting piece of theatre. You could hear a pin drop throughout the 100 minute run time, and I don't think there was a dry eye at the end. RUN to see this."

My daughter and I caught the matinee yesterday. We both l

PRIMA FACIE Previews  Apr 22 2023, 02:51:53 PM

Tour de Force performances make Broadway and live theater that much more special and something to cherish. Because you are there, with the actor, in an indescribable inward journey. 

I don't get to Broadway as much as I used to and when someone's acting blows me away it's the most intense, enormous high. The last time I experienced this was with Bryan Cranston in All the Way and again in Network. I was left stunned, mesmerized, barely able to murmur "wow,"

PRIMA FACIE Previews  Apr 19 2023, 11:57:16 AM

Oh, the pronunciation of prima facie brings back a horrific experience in law school.

My first year, and one of my classes was torts, taught by a professor who specialized in the Socratic method, asking questions of the students to probe their thinking process.

I was called on to discuss the facts of a certain case and I said, "The judge said the plaintiff has a prima facie case... " which I pronounced "pree-ma fay-chee," Italian style, I guess.

Bam, h

PRIMA FACIE Previews  Apr 11 2023, 10:37:09 AM

Very interested in everyone's thoughts. I bought tickets the moment they went on sale and am taking my daughter, my theater partner in crime, and huge Jodie Comer fan. This will be her first Broadway show since Covid, and only my second after Company (closed too soon imho). 

PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23  Feb 23 2023, 03:22:43 PM
Just got an advertising mailing card this week for the show, plus an email directing me to artwork.

Can.Not.Wait!

PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23  Nov 15 2022, 06:40:38 PM

I got my aisle seats through the pre-sale link. Thank you so much for sharing! 

PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23  Nov 15 2022, 10:13:17 AM

Yay! I have a quick question about aisle seats. Are the ones in the first few rows too far to the side to see well? How are they in Row F and beyond view wide? Thank you.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You