What next for Jodie Comer?

Ensemble1670470656 Profile Photo
Ensemble1670470656
#1What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 7:58am

After delivering an absolute powerhouse performance in Prima Facie, winning a Tony and proving her ticket selling power, I think it's fair to say Jodie Comer will be back on Broadway sooner or later. Audiences really embraced her and she said she wants to do more theater. She has also expressed the desire to be in a musical one day. What role would you like to see Comer play next? 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 8:13am

If she plans to return, it probably will be in late 2024 or after - she has three films that are currently in post-production and I don’t recall any other project announcements after that. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

perfectpenguin
#3What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 8:29am

100% she’ll be back on stage but not for a while. During the day, she’s doing reshoots for a movie then Prima Facie at night. Probably exhausted, mentally and physically. Hopefully once Prima Facie closes, she gets a ton of rest and can relax for a while before her next project. 

Ensemble1670470656 Profile Photo
Ensemble1670470656
#4What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 8:35am

Yeah, I was not saying that she will return to the stage immediately. She will probably take a break after this intense run, and she will also have other film and tv commitments. I just thought it would be fun to imagine what piece could bring her back to the stage, when she's ready to be back.

Theatrefan2
#5What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 9:10am

She would have been great in Company

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 10:44am

Theatrefan2 said: "She would have been great in Company"

Comer. LuPone. Simard...My gay brain just exploded all over Astoria.

I could definitely see her pairing up with Jamie Lloyd for one of his deconstructed classic revivals at some point. Like Jessica Chastain, her ability to use her whole body as a storytelling device is key to success in those type of productions. I'd love to see her and Lloyd take on something like "Machinal"

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#7What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/23/23 at 10:52am

She could also do Machinal with sets and costumes.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#8What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/25/23 at 5:20pm

If she does plan a stage return I predict it’ll likely be in the UK rather than Broadway. Her home city does some incredible work so I wouldn’t be surprised to see her and Stephen Graham, her mentor, reuniting for a show there before taking it to London. 

I’d personally love to see them both in Educating Rita. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#9What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/26/23 at 11:20am

Hopefully some well deserved rest and relaxation is in store for Jodie after an insanely busy and (I am assuming) emotionally/physically taxing year and a half! I can't believe she's only just turned 30 years old. I don't have anything ideal in mind, but I am looking forward to seeing much more of her in the future on both stage and screen.  

perfectpenguin
#10What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/26/23 at 11:51am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "Hopefully some well deserved rest and relaxation is in store for Jodie after an insanely busy and (I am assuming) emotionally/physically taxing year and a half! I can't believe she's only just turned 30 years old. I don't have anything ideal in mind, but I am looking forward to seeing much more of her in the future on both stage and screen."

If I remember correctly, she’s been with Prima Facie since 2019! While she’s still in NYC, hopefully she can play patron and see some theatre before leaving. 

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#11What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/26/23 at 12:02pm

the only challenge in fantasy casting Comer is there may be nothing she can't do. 

InTheBathroom1
#12What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/26/23 at 2:49pm

Would LOVE to see her do Stella in Streetcar with Paul Mescal. That would be a hot ticket. 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#13What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 6/26/23 at 3:01pm

She'd be great as Winnie in Beckett's Happy Days. Heck, I'll see her in anything. 

perfectpenguin
#14What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 7/4/23 at 1:07pm

In the near future, The Bikeriders may premier at an upcoming film festival and announce a release date for September. Mike Faist is in the cast. 

nycward
#15What next for Jodie Comer?
Posted: 7/4/23 at 7:55pm

Of course it won’t happen but can we only imagine what her Sally  Bowles would be like opposite Eddie Redmayne ? Too much to fantasize? Her rendition of Cabaret would be up there with Natasha Richardson!!!!!!