pixeltracker

Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!

Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#1Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!
Posted: 6/7/23 at 7:12pm

Last week Jeopardy! honored Andrew Lloyd Webber. This week it gives a tip of the hat to Stephen Sondheim.

The categories in the first round of tonight's show are all names of Sondheim musicals (the clues aren't related):

Into The Woods, Company, A Little Night Music, Passion, Merrily We Roll Along

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#2Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!
Posted: 6/7/23 at 9:57pm

Stage Door Sally said: "Last week Jeopardy! honored Andrew Lloyd Webber. This week it gives a tip of the hat to Stephen Sondheim.

The categories in the first round of tonight's show are all names of Sondheim musicals (the clues aren't related):

Into The Woods, Company, A Little Night Music, Passion, Merrily We Roll Along
"

I wonder how many of Jeopardy's millions of viewers 'got it.' There was no reference to it or explanation by Mayim.

A slight amendment to the above post: one clue in the category "A Little Night Music' was indeed show-related.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#3Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!
Posted: 6/7/23 at 10:58pm

Stage Door Sally said: "Into The Woods, Company, A Little Night Music, Passion, Merrily We Roll Along"

Follies, too!

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#4Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!
Posted: 6/8/23 at 8:13am

Jeopardy! (my favorite half hour of television) has been almost unwatchable since the unfortunate loss of Ben Chan due to an unfortunate spelling error. There have been too many cringy lags when no one can question the answer. It’s moments like this clever gift to musical theater fans that keep it fresh while we wait for a stronger slate as contestants. I appreciate that the Jeopardy! hosts typically just let the inside jokes marinate. No explanations required.  

BETTY22
#5Sondheim-named categories on Jeopardy!
Posted: 6/8/23 at 8:45am

I LOVE IT....