News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for maxximumvolume2

maxximumvolume2 Profile Photo
Member Name: maxximumvolume2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
 Mar 30 2015, 04:56:57 PM
I'd suggest Justin Guarini as The Scarecrow.
FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
 Mar 15 2015, 10:14:05 PM
I was pretty skeptical about this based on the word out of ART, however I rather enjoyed this evening of theatre and it all ran very smoothly for a first preview. There's still a bit of tightening to be done, but there's some definitive magic running in this show, with lovely performances (Mr. Grammer is terrific), inventive choreography, and an above average (and hummable!) score. Perhaps most surprising was how emotionally affected I was, particularly by the final 20 minutes which has some rea
Las Vegas Shows
 Feb 22 2015, 01:01:16 AM
If you enjoyed O then you will likely enjoy La Reve. It's the same director and much in the same vein, but it's more intimate and a bit more sexy. The theatre is in the round and it's gorgeous.

I'd recommend it.

Why is theatre so much more expensive nowadays?
 Feb 19 2015, 05:56:38 PM
To the poster who said Spider-Man wasn't a thing in the 60s, he in fact was introduced in 1962.

As for the OPs question? Obviously inflation is a factor, but I'd imagine so is the increased cost of real estate/rent in NYC (which is partly to do with inflation but also to do with the way that market shifts), increased salaries, unions, advancements in technology, audience expectations, the cost of other entertainment choices, supply and demand, etc. There are many factors that would have

Aladdin Previews
 Feb 27 2014, 10:43:41 AM
Better "a grimacing wuss wailing his angst on a guitar or a ten year old whining prepubescent longing for a delivery woman in jeans"

than the below-the-belt, sophomoric, pop culture laden and terribly "unpunny" jokes this production tried to shove down the throats of audiences last night.

There's a clever way to do the type of jokes this show attempted to do, and there's the "throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" way. This is the latter, and I found it emba

Nice interview with the Aladdin cast on Buzzfeed
 Feb 18 2014, 10:02:53 AM
Thanks. That is a nice interview. I particularly liked what James Monroe Iglehart had to say about Robin Williams. I can't wait to see him in the role.
Byes
 Apr 20 2013, 02:43:11 PM
The key element that you seem to be missing, Mr. Eight, is that of subjectivity. You assume that because you find a show "middling" or "worse" that others feel the same way. The only issue I see here is that you do not appreciate or respect the fact that others - professional critics included - could have legitimate differing opinions than your own. It strikes of an uncomfortable and strongly misguided air of superiority.
Empire- Spiegelworld
 May 31 2012, 12:12:03 PM
I saw it last night and it's a ton of fun. A little silly, a little raunchy, very intimate and cool vibe inside the tent, and the acts are pretty amazing, especially for such a small space. Even in the "cheap seats" the acts are right up in your face and they can leave you breathless. It's also quite hilarious and never takes itself too seriously.

A fun evening indeed.

Leap of Faith Rush/Lotto
 Apr 2 2012, 10:53:52 AM
Leap of Faith begins previews tomorrow. Have they announced a rush or lotto policy yet? Does anyone have any info?
Casey Nicholaw To Helm New ANIMAL HOUSE Musical w/ Barenaked Ladies Score
 Mar 5 2012, 04:09:50 PM
So Josh Gad probably gets involved with this at some point in the Belushi role, yeah?
Once on Broadway
 Feb 29 2012, 12:54:32 PM
Hmm. So if the quality of art is determined only on its financial success (which must mean more people than not find it good), then we can all agree that The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Transformers: Dark of the Moon were the best films of 2011.

I guess NCIS and Two and a Half Men are also the best shows on television.

Fantastic!

Once on Broadway
 Feb 29 2012, 01:29:52 AM
Allow me to echo the praise. Incredible evening of musical theatre. Raw and passionate, with gorgeous songs, performances, and movement and theatricality that are perfect in their simplicity.

The overwhelming réponse at the end of the night was incredible to experience, and the cast was clearly moved and appreciative. They deserve it.

I hope to go back soon and I hope they have a very long run.

Playbill: Unauthorized
 Feb 14 2011, 04:13:41 PM
I would imagine most of us aren't graphic designers, Theatre Fan 4. We're just playing around and dreaming of what could be.

Playbill: Unauthorized
 Feb 14 2011, 01:42:01 PM
These are great!

I made this one quickly, so yeah...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You