News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BEKA531

BEKA531 Profile Photo
Member Name: BEKA531
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOLD - 1 Ticket - People, Places & Things - TONIGHT 7:30pm  Nov 25 2017, 03:04:07 PM

I'm selling one ticket to tonight's performance of People, Places & Things for $60. I'll meet you in person outside St. Ann's at 7pm (I'll be seeing the show too) and will accept cash or Venmo. Please send me a PM to discuss!

RENT Plot Holes  Jan 3 2017, 09:38:46 PM

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the "final" version of Rent that we're familiar with, the one that was on Broadway, wasn't really finished. As we know, Larson passed away during the Off-Broadway preview period, which is always a tumultuous time in the life of a show. I'd have to think that if Larson had lived, he would've made the necessary changes. Since he didn't, there were some adjustments and cuts made, but much of it remained unchanged. For example:

"It was pretty straightforward to know that what Jonathan would want would be for this show to go on. We all knew this show was unfinished. I feel like the show is still unfinished — the people who worked on it most closely know that most — and it certainly would have been different with Jonathan's continued participation." http://www.playbill.com/article/the-creation-of-rent-how-jonathan-larson-transformed-an-idea-into-a-groundbreaking-musical

Even reviews at the time pointed out that it was incomplete:

“Rent” was unfinished when Larson died. It goes flabby and maddeningly ambivalent toward the end, leaving so many loose ends that Michael Greifs production couldn’t possibly resolve them. http://variety.com/1996/legit/reviews/rent-4-1200444937/

Encores Off Center  Jun 24 2016, 01:44:46 PM

I'm selling one ticket to Kurt Vonnegut’s God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater on Saturday July 30, 8pm (closing night). First row center orchestra, $25. Anyone interested?

Final If/Then Show  Mar 26 2015, 03:10:02 PM
I've been a fan of Idina's for over a decade now, but I haven't seen her at a stage door in years because I have zero interest in being involved in that type of environment. That simply isn't the type of interaction I'm interested in having... being shoved around and getting 3 seconds of face time while she scribbles on my Playbill just isn't worthwhile. When I leave the theatre I'm usually still processing the performance I just saw, and if anything, that atmosphere ruins it. Like someone said
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Dec 10 2014, 01:09:46 AM
love this! i got a comp to on the town... the lottery tickets are normally $20 each.

mine's MCQKP

Aladdin Rush Tickets  Apr 23 2014, 04:46:58 PM
Book of Mormon, Wicked, and other shows that consistently sell out for years make a commitment to having a certain number of tickets available for a lottery every day. Of course they don't have to, but Aladdin could do the same. It's just a nice thing for the producers to do to allow people of limited means to be able to see Broadway theatre.
Aladdin Rush Tickets  Apr 22 2014, 08:29:41 PM
I went to the first lottery today... there were probably 75-100 people there. Yes, it was held on 42nd Street, but there were additional employees besides those running the lottery to herd everyone under the marquee. They used a megaphone. Only about 15 tickets were available, and the last 5 were single seats. Like the rush seats, it seems the number of tickets available per lottery will vary because the employees didn't have an answer to the "how many tickets are there?" question. It sucks that
Tony Awards student rush/ticket lottery was the most disorganized, unfair, frustrating experience I have ever had.  Jun 7 2013, 02:50:10 PM
sorry, double post
Tony Awards student rush/ticket lottery was the most disorganized, unfair, frustrating experience I have ever had.  Jun 7 2013, 02:50:10 PM
I sent an email to several people here:

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/about/

I don't see how they can go about fixing this now, especially since they don't have the contact information of those who couldn't enter. But, they need to know what happened so that this can be straightened out if there's a lottery next year. Someone needs to be held accountable for what went on.

I think I'm most surprised by how little care went into this whole production when something so valuable, both monetarily and emotionally, was up for grabs. The people who attended this lottery are some of the Tonys' biggest fans, and many left feeling hurt and let down by an institution they trusted. I look at a Tony Awards tweet today and just feel upset, not excited, and that sucks.

Tony Awards student rush/ticket lottery was the most disorganized, unfair, frustrating experience I have ever had.  Jun 6 2013, 07:33:52 PM
I'm also planning on contacting all those in charge of the lottery today. I arrived around 12:15pm, which was well within the 12-12:30pm window they announced for entering the lottery and never got to put my name in because they ran out of slips for the middle of the line. I actually saw them handing out slips to the end of the line and decided to wait calmly for those in charge to come to my section. It turns out, by doing the right thing and acting rationally, I was shut out. I simply wante
re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 11:02:39 PM
the segment was nothing to get excited about. there'll be MUCH better stuff, i'm sure. it was barely 30 seconds, by the time i ran to a tv it was over. the clips were *this* long.
re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 10:38:45 PM
yes, LeaGirl is there.

i hate the news... they keep saying rent is 'next'... probably in half an hour.

re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 09:24:28 PM
i was at lotto, and no, i didn't hear emcee's name called.
re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 09:16:38 PM
um, i did not ask my friends to call. i actually wasn't expecting a call until the show was over. it was purely their own doing, and they just made me very happy.
re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 08:37:05 PM
i didn't actually get to talk to them, i just listened. but 5 minutes before i started my friend said that the set is completely normal, there's copies of the libretto onstage, and they are going in order, from the phone calls i've pieced together. i just don't know about costumes, but it's safe to say that they're definitely going through the whole show.
re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 08:20:01 PM
i just got to listen to 2 minutes of over the moon!

*spazzes*

re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 07:47:43 PM
yes, i'm on SB, but i did lotto and lost.
re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...  Apr 24 2006, 07:39:19 PM
it sounds like it's full staging. they've been going in order, and the timing is right. i'm curious about costumes.

my friend just called me and i got to listen to a bit of you'll see.

re: The RENT movie date...  Dec 6 2005, 09:55:54 PM
fredi, i'm gonna PM you, could you try to read it soon? i know its difficult when you're reading the thread too...

thanks

re: Fredi's on....  Nov 30 2005, 11:03:04 PM
i'm gonna go, nice talking to everyone.

g'night!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You