pixeltracker

Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

alli2
#0Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 10:42am

There are apparently a ton of people outside the Nederlander right now... it's going to be MAYHEM.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#1re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 10:47am

Blech...I'm glad I have class until 3:30 and then again tonight so I'm not even faced with the whole "should I/shouldn't I bother." It's going to be a mess. I look forward to reading some reviews about how the whole thing goes down later this evening.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#2re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:08pm

I just walked by the Neder. There are people outside already in the rain. Not a huge amount, but still there are people lining up and its only 12:00. Looks like it will be an interestign experience to say the least!

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:09pm

Thankfully it's not still raining.

I honestly don't get the point of lining up early for a LOTTERY, but that's moot.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#4re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:11pm

I don't think everyone understands the ramifications of it being a lottery... or maybe they're just excited.

FabalaYero85
#5re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:12pm

I just heard that names are being put in now.

hmm...

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#6re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

They're already letting people write on the cards if anybody wants to zing by early and come back at 3.

Its insane over there.

And I think people went early out of the fear that the line could be cut off at 3 if there were too many people - I think everybody knows it doesn't matter when they put their names in.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight
Updated On: 4/24/06 at 12:12 PM

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#7re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

They are already letting people put their names in.... wow... I guess they are expecting complete chaos later!

Updated On: 4/24/06 at 12:12 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#8re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:18pm

I'm planning on getting there at 1:30... will this be too late?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#9re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:20pm

I think that'd be fine, especially as they're letting people start now.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#10re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:34pm

I'm bringing my video camera with me... gotta record this madness.

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#11re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:38pm

What time will they draw the winners?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#12re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:39pm

Video camera?

"April 24th, 1pm, eastern standard time.......

OMGMGMGMGMG I SEE IDINA!"

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#13re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:42pm

They are supposed to draw the winners at 3pm.

SorryGrateful
#14re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

I realize I'm probably the only one who doesn't know, but what's going on today at the Nederlander?

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#15re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

Apparently the cast is already inside. A very smooth move on behalf of whoever was coordinating this.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#16re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

LMAO. Wow, April 24th. Perfect.

I'm off to go there now. I'll post any good video footage I get. Wish me luck!

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#17re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:45pm

Just a note to those attempting the lottery...

At tonight's performance,
1. Idina will be playing MAUREEN
2. Idina will not be green
3. Idina will not defy gravity
4. Kristin Chenoweth is not allowed within a 2 mile radius of the Nederlander.

Once you have all that down pat and you still want to go, ENJOY! re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"
Updated On: 4/24/06 at 12:45 PM

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#18re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:47pm

yay for Kerrie!

sorrygrateful, it is the 10th ann. of Rent (relly on the 29th) but tonight the original cast is putting on the show concert-style. going to be pretty interesting. unfortunately, I am in PA. But my radio show on now is dedicated to Jonathan Larson and I'm playing songs from Rent in memory of him and the shows 10 years on Broadway.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#19re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:49pm

Could someone post pictures of this insanity? Surely one of you has a digital camera. re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

SorryGrateful
#20re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:53pm

Oh, durr, I should've known that was today. I can't even imagine going to that. Too scary.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#21re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 12:55pm

I'm angry that we don't have at LEAST a crappy cell phone picture of this up yet.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#22re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 1:08pm

i sent my friend a text asking if she has a camera phone and if she can take a pic.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

aihyde007 Profile Photo
aihyde007
#23re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 1:11pm

just an update for you all:

i just went and it isn't that bad.. seriously, anyone who has done the wicked lottery will probably agree, this isn't THAT insane like some people have been saying.. yes, there are a lot of people there but most of them are people who have already put their names in and they're just standing around, waiting for the drawing...

i arrived at 12:45... line was a little past the corner of 41st and 7th.. took me less than 10 minutes to get to the front.. when i left, the line was a little further down 7th, past the corner of 41st... i imagine it will be much more insane closer to 3pm...

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#24re: Oh lord... outside the Nederlander right now...
Posted: 4/24/06 at 1:13pm

I wonder when the counseling center booth will be set up for those that don't make it inside tonight.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka