News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for frapperia

Member Name: frapperia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kinky Boots SRO/Rush
 Jan 20 2014, 02:14:35 PM
Thank you for your responses, all! A friend said it is likely to be on TKTS - reckon that's true?
Kinky Boots SRO/Rush
 Jan 20 2014, 09:32:35 AM
Pants. Those seats sound pretty bad for bad backs, too. Hm. Not sure what to do. Same issue for Cinderella/Newsies.
A New Cinderella
 Jan 20 2014, 09:20:13 AM
When does she actually start?
Kinky Boots SRO/Rush
 Jan 20 2014, 09:19:32 AM
Anyone know what the seats are? Or if this is 'rush', or actually a lottery? I can't be doing with lottery on this occasion - I need to know I've got a seat!
Lips NYC
 Jan 18 2014, 07:22:21 PM
Has anyone been to the Broadway brunch on Sundays and can advise on whether it's good/bad?
NY 29-2, what to see?
 Jan 17 2014, 06:48:48 PM
Okay, trying to balance seeing friends and theatre is hard!

Thinking will try for Kinky on the Thursday, Pippin or Cinderella (maybe) on the Saturday matinee, then Newsies on the rescheduled Sunday matinee? I suspect I should probably spend some time with my hosts and friends instead of doing an 8-show 6-day binge like I have in the past. BUT THEATRE!

NY 29-2, what to see?
 Jan 17 2014, 06:40:14 PM
Thanks Jeff!

I'm just taking a peek at what's on. Keen to see Kinky and Pippin - looks like I could definitely score standing room (I think that's what rush means?!) to Kinky, Pippin I could give it a go.

Looks like I might be able to get to Cinderella! When it says Newsies showtime is changed to 1pm, is that the Sunday? That does sound promising, but it turns out I'm an idiot and my flight is at 7:30pm. To get from Manhattan to JFK in time at 3:30 without missing check i

NY 29-2, what to see?
 Jan 17 2014, 06:06:49 PM
Pants! My timing sucks, knew I should have got in earlier/stayed an extra day.

I was hoping to grab a matinee during the week but they all seem to be pretty traditionally set on Wednesday and Saturday - no Thursday or Fridays ones. Lear at BAM is on on the Sunday and I missed that at Chichester, so maybe I should try for that.

I do have to catch the bus back to JFK for a 9pm flight, reckon I should leave extra time?

NY 29-2, what to see?
 Jan 17 2014, 05:56:26 PM
Erp, why so crazy? What does that mean?

Thanks!

NY 29-2, what to see?
 Jan 17 2014, 04:39:38 PM
Hi all, I'm heading to NY from Wednesday January 29 to Sunday February 2 (flight leaves at 9 from JFK). I've already got tickets sorted for us to see Twelfth Night on the Friday and am prob busy on the Saturday night, but am wondering what else you guys would recommend?

Am tempted to see Kinky Boots and/or Pippin, not sure if there's anything else worthwhile. I don't have very much time - is there anything decent matineeing at all?

The Light Princess
 Dec 26 2013, 06:08:52 PM
Well, to go against the grumps in the thread, I really love this show (barring the pregnancy subplot, which sucks giant balls and goes against everything it's about - oh, and I think Clive Rowe was hideously miscast and is overrated). But I do love it. The music is amazing, the costumes and the choreography fantastic, and I would love to see it a third time before it closes, but don't know if I will. Recent graduate Kane Oliver Parry is underused and wonderful as the brother - let's hope we see
12th Night On Stage Seating Views?
 Nov 17 2013, 05:30:59 PM
Here's how it was staged in London: http://youtu.be/RDPT2e26SgY
Richard III First Preview
 Oct 21 2013, 09:38:31 AM
James Garnon is amazing (although he took it too far as a spitting Caliban earlier this summer - my friend got full on gobbed on, and for me that goes way over the line). But he is currently in Much Ado with James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave, and must have locked himself into that long before. I can't imagine he would have missed his Broadway debut otherwise.

I have to agree with DeNada on Rylance. I really enjoyed him in Jerusalem but have not enjoyed him at all in anything else si

The Light Princess
 Oct 11 2013, 03:42:50 AM
It's not a disappointment at all. It's going to be very divisive - and by that, remember that what Jman says is his or her personal opinion. Personally, I thought it was stunning.
KINKY BOOTS Recoups!
 Oct 5 2013, 11:39:11 AM
Sorry to disillusion you, Kathy, but accents are pretty damn important if you're going to bring a British show that launched in America to its spiritual home. I'm assuming your love for the show is blinding you to that fact.

If they do do that, they'd better make sure they cast either British actors or absolutely exceptional Americans who really can do the accent. So if Stark or Billy came over, they'd better be prepared for a ravaging if they aren't able to live up to the standard. And

What to see in January?
 Sep 5 2013, 08:52:49 AM
I'm popping over from the UK for a long weekend (ish) in January. I'm coming over on Wednesday 29 and we're already booked to see the all-male Twelfth Night on Friday 31, but I'm not sure what else is on, or what your theatre scheduling is like. I'm not sure when I'm going back yet - either Sunday night or Monday night (arriving back in the UK on Tuesday 3).

Although I plan to hang out with my friends, so may not be at the theatre every night, I'll have to amuse myself during the day du

Jerry Springer: The Opera
 Sep 4 2013, 05:57:09 PM
Oh yeah, there's a DVD: http://youtu.be/uVQVLgSlFZ4

(The guy playing the transsexual character has, you'll be unsurprised to hear, been playing Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys in the West End for the last three years or so: http://youtu.be/fqgi_jUM1is)

Awesome bit (very spoilery though): http://youtu.be/S7V2Zmbx5Y0

Breaking News: Craig Bierko and Jill Paice to Join MATILDA on September 3
 Aug 24 2013, 07:07:00 PM
Alex Gaumond has been cast as the next Trunch in London - you'd think he's too long and thin but I actually think it's inspired casting.
Breaking News: Craig Bierko and Jill Paice to Join MATILDA on September 3
 Aug 23 2013, 09:53:26 PM
Yes, but Pam Ferris is teeny-tiny IRL. Also for Miss Trunchbull, you have to be able to do some acro. Not sure Janet McTeer would be up for that...

They imagine her more like a realistic pantomime Dame - I'm a woman and I'm not offended by her being cast male.

Rylance's 12th Night and Richard III to play Broadway...
 Aug 23 2013, 09:33:05 PM
I would be wary of the on-stage seats, just FYI. I seem to recall (I didn't see it in the West End) that they were literally side on, and there were two levels, and that on both there was no rake, so unless you were in the front row, you could risk being able to see barely anything. They may be changing the design, but the view might not be great.

I've managed to get second row centre stalls for late January. It's not that these are revelatory productions - Rylance irritates me, and his

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You