News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GeorgeandDot

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
Member Name: GeorgeandDot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 28 2019, 01:49:55 PM
This film is a masterpiece.
Jagged Little Pill - Reviews  Dec 28 2019, 01:39:39 PM
Saw this last week. To put it simply, this musical is a puddle of spicy diarrhea.
WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 03:00:52 PM
Not thrilled about the original choreography being reinstated. Big yawn. Those dances are super stale, I don't care how many feudal theatre queens tell me otherwise.
Anais Mitchell blames the patriarchy for people wanting perfect rhymes in theatre songs. Seriously.  Dec 10 2019, 12:53:13 PM
Eh, she's probably right. You can basically trace everything back to men being a-holes.
West Side Story revival?  Dec 9 2019, 08:22:52 PM
Heard that there's no playbills tonight. Wonder if this production won't have playbills which would seriously suck.
West Side Story revival?  Dec 3 2019, 05:49:42 PM
^I'm not sure that's a screen. Looks more like they built a facade onstage.
John Simon 1925-2019  Nov 26 2019, 08:43:51 AM
Did he run out of souls to suck?
Michelle Pfeiffer MUST Be Phyllis In The FOLLIES Film  Nov 16 2019, 11:32:39 AM
Meryl will be in this somewhere, mark my words. They won't be able to resist tossing her in here.
Michelle Pfeiffer MUST Be Phyllis In The FOLLIES Film  Nov 15 2019, 01:37:11 PM
Cate Blanchett as Phyllis with Toni Collette as Sally. All hail the Australian Queens.

John C. Reilly and Hugh Jackman as Buddy and Ben.

The rest of cast should Broadway legends.

West Side Story Revival will cut I Feel Pretty and Somewhere Ballet  Nov 10 2019, 12:48:49 PM
I feel Pretty and the Somewhere ballet both stop the show dead in it's tracks. They definitely won't be missed. They add nothing to the show.

And some of you are reaching opera queen levels of hysteria right now. This attitude that so many of you are portraying here, is what will kill Broadway. Time passes, things change. It's how it is. How many museum pieces do we need to see to please those of you stuck in the past?

West Side Story Revival will cut I Feel Pretty and Somewhere Ballet  Nov 9 2019, 11:51:18 AM
I love that this show has pushed away all the woke kids by casting Amar and pushed away all the Make Broadway Great Again boomer gays by cutting the worst song in the show. Lol, who is this for?
West Side Story Revival will cut I Feel Pretty and Somewhere Ballet  Nov 9 2019, 11:16:37 AM
Good. They won't be missed.

And West Side Story has always been male heavy so your complaints are a little late.

HEIGHT OF THE STORM - Not blown away.  Oct 18 2019, 09:56:17 PM

jbm2 said: "Thinking of taking a 14 year old to see this....
would it be appropriate ?
"

Yes, but I would recommend against it.  It's not very good.

Moulin Rouge! Lottery Experience  Oct 16 2019, 01:48:08 PM
Anyone won recently? Where have the seats been lately?
CYRANO (The New Group) Previews  Oct 15 2019, 09:25:36 PM

JBroadway said: "Glad to hear Dinklage is good in this. I really enjoyed seeing him in A Month in the Country a few years back. Though interestingly, I thought he was somewhat overshadowed by his stage partner, Taylor Schilling (who I found to be utterly captivating onstage, even though I don't much care for her on Orange is the New Black). I look forward to seeing a show that really acts as vehicle to display his acting skill (If I can manage to get an affordable ticket, that is

CYRANO (The New Group) Previews  Oct 15 2019, 07:18:26 PM

Not the best translation of this great play. Peter Dinklage is great. The sets and actual space leave a lot to be desired. It doesn't work as a musical and Jasmine is woefully miscast. I remember Cyrano being a brilliant tragicomedy and this production has sucked a lot of the comedy out and streamlined it so much that most of the characters are left as flat as cardboard. I'd love to see Dinklage in a different production.

Slave Play coming to Broadway in September!  Oct 3 2019, 02:36:22 AM
I thought this was absolutely phenomenal. It's funny and horrific at the same time and contains some great performances. One of the best new plays in quite some time.
An All Male West Side Story?  Oct 3 2019, 02:28:03 AM
Since West Side Story deals a lot with toxic masculinity, I don't mind the nearly all male cast.
West Side Story Revival Details  Oct 2 2019, 08:24:21 AM
Heard there's rain, video, and I Feel Pretty is cut.
 Oct 2 2019, 06:24:02 AM

VintageSnarker said: "I'm tempted to see this just to see Pryce live but I HATED The Father. Is this play actually about something? Also, are there any jarring stage effects (e.g. periodic bright lights)?"

I mean, the playwright claims that it's about "love," but all the themes feel so muddled and unspecific (which I understand is the "point" to the play).  He claims that the play is ambiguous.  I would just say that he's wri

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You