News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sweetTb'way

sweetTb'way Profile Photo
Member Name: sweetTb'way
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beth Leavel and Lesli Margherita New Show  Apr 16 2015, 10:21:52 PM

Both of them were involved in the Top Hat workshop.  Not sure if that's the show being referenced but it is aiming for next season.

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway  Mar 1 2015, 01:30:54 AM
To preempt everyone going crazy on Monday when the grosses come out about all the reasons why this show is still open, I offer this warning…….it's most likely going to be in the $200,000's this week.

Not pretty. And sad. But it is what it is. The show will close eventually, probably sooner than later. But for whatever reason, right now, the producers are continuing to run it. Yes, its probably disheartening for the actors to be playing to such small houses. But show me an actor

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15  Feb 25 2015, 12:49:40 AM
You can add Top Hat to the list for next season also.
Riedel on Hamilton transfer  Feb 23 2015, 04:42:31 PM
Norbert Leo Butz is replacing Brian Darcy James from what I hear.
HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway  Feb 10 2015, 11:20:07 AM
Nope
West Side Story at Drury Lane - Yikes!  Jan 23 2015, 12:46:47 AM
If I'm not mistaking, Drury Lane is considered one of the main regional theaters to work at in the Chicago area. Wouldn't exactly call it community or amateur theatre. They hire equity performers. Not commenting on the video, just sharing information.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15  Jan 20 2015, 02:46:17 PM
Since no one has acknowledged it yet, HONEYMOON IN VEGAS had it's highest grossing week thus far. For a show to not drop in gross on the week it opens (heavy papering) is rare - especially during the middle of January. Yes, it's still under it's nut - no argument there. But it will be interesting to see what the positive notices do for this show. I hear word from the box office is good. I could see this show running at least until the nominations come out April 28th if not until the Tonys.
Honeymoon in Vegas Reviews  Jan 16 2015, 02:10:46 AM
From what I hear, they have a big press push planned for the next 2 weeks including an appearance on The Today Show next week. There are also ads up and down the NJ Transit lines and in the NY airports. And there's more than enough pull quote material in the good reviews for them to use in advertising. If they do it right and see an increase in future ticket sales, the producers may keep this running until the Tonys.
2015-2016 season shows  Jan 15 2015, 01:30:16 PM
Top Hat will be a part of this season as well. Late 2015 or early 2016 is my guess.
Holiday Inn at Goodspeed- Broadway Bound????  Dec 9 2014, 01:06:11 AM
I believe Top Hat will be the next Berlin musical to hit Broadway. From what I hear, the last workshop that was just presented in November went extremely well. I expect fall 2015 or early 2016.
Honeymoon in Vegas - Previews  Nov 16 2014, 10:58:59 PM
They have yet to decide whether they will do a lottery or general/student rush for the show.

Also, I've heard that Honeymoon in Vegas is performing on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and not Finding Neverland. Sorry Harvey.

NYT  Oct 27 2014, 01:12:58 AM
Sting will not be winning the TONY. JRB repeats.
Honeymoon in Vegas to Record Cast Album  Oct 12 2014, 02:47:16 AM
They're actually recording the album this coming Monday (Oct 13th)
Bandstand Workshop  Sep 12 2014, 02:11:05 PM
The workshop was actually presented last week on Sept. 3rd and 4th at a small theatre above the Vivian Beaumont at Lincoln Center. Not sure of the producer's plans for the future.
Top Hat on Broadway  Jul 22 2014, 11:11:53 PM
From what I hear, the lab back in March went really well. Apparently, the script is currently being worked on and will get a reading in the fall with a possible workshop in the winter sometime. Aiming for Broadway in fall 2015.
HONEYMOON IN VEGAS to Open on Broadway This Fall  Jun 15 2014, 05:23:17 PM
Liza's Headband - Honeymoon In Vegas will be the one.
Top Hat  Jun 14 2014, 11:29:54 PM
Apparently it's currently being reworked for Broadway. It won't be a remount of the London production. I believe Christopher Gattelli is attached as director/choreographer and Chad Beguelin is working on the book. There was a choreography lab back in March of this year. I would guess that they're probably aiming for Broadway sometime in the 2015/2016 season.
Post TONYs show closings/extensions  Jun 9 2014, 08:54:27 AM
AKarp2013, it's not a confirmed fact as of yet, no.

haterobics, love the snark =)

Post TONYs show closings/extensions  Jun 9 2014, 01:44:19 AM
I've said it in other threads but After Midnight will close Aug 31 and Honeymoon in Vegas will open at the Brooks in November.
Biggest Hopes for Next Season  Jun 2 2014, 08:47:30 PM
Honeymoon in Vegas will go into the Brooks when After Midnight closes in the fall due to it not winning the Tony for Best Musical.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You