News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBound92

BroadwayBound92 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayBound92
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Well, not much to say. I love theatre, particulary musical theatre (as you probably guessed). I also love movies. For awhile, I use to be passionate about filmmaking, it was the only thing I wanted to do. Until recently, I saw The Sound Of Music onstage. Well, mind you I loved Broadway before and loved to belt out classics from the stage, but it wasn't until I saw the play that I realized that I was pursuing the wrong dream. I crave to be on stage, playing Millie or Eliza or even holding a puppet and playing Kate.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie  Apr 28 2013, 12:11:29 AM
I know I'm likely in the minority, but I am TOTALLY AGAINST Depp playing The Baker. When he played Sweeney, that was great. But that's because he was playing a character that he obviously felt comfortable with. Johnny's characters have always been eccentric, even J.M Barrie is a bit of an odd duck with his man-child persona. I think the role of The Baker would probably be pushing him way out of his comfort zone, because The Baker is not eccentric, zany, or manic. He's just a man who wants a chil
Ever been done twice?  Aug 18 2012, 11:27:04 PM
Let's face it, most musicals don't exactly from original sources. A majority is an adaptation of some sort, but mainly literature. Most of them which are extremely popular, such as Oliver! or Phantom Of The Opera. Here's my question: Has the same book ever been adapted into a stage-musical twice? I can only think of Peter Pan (the well-known musical and a few others later on), A Christmas Carol (A Christmas Carol: The Musical and Scrooge), and Phantom Of The Opera (the popular ALW show and the l
Angela Lansbury, Aaron Lazar to Star in Anastasia Stage Reading  Jun 15 2012, 07:45:50 PM
I'm so ecstatic! Of course, it was pretty unavoidable wasn't it? The music team behind Ragtime AND Seussical? I mean, even the film itself screams musical-theatre. I'm glad that Angela will be playing Marie and, if the show ever makes it to the B'way, that she'll play her there to. Now, if we can just get Bernadette Peters to return for Sophie....
I saw Les Miserables for the first time yesterday and...*SPOILERS*  Feb 19 2012, 11:29:06 PM
Wow...Just wow...It was the 25th Anniversary tour, so the rotating stage was gone, but it was no great loss because the show was freaking amazing without it. The singing was wonderful and so was the acting. I LOVE the interaction between Gavroche and Grantaire, and when Gavroche's death came along, my heart broke in two for the alcoholic student (anyone who has seen this specific tour will know what I'm talking about). The stage effects were phenomenal and Javert's suicide looked so real. Of cou
Your Most Hated Musical  Feb 16 2012, 10:54:32 PM
I like to withdraw my previous statement about "Phantom Of The Opera." Because all in all, I don't hate it. *sighs* I don't think it's possible for me to hate ANY musical.
CAST Into the Woods Movie  Jan 14 2012, 06:26:07 PM
As I said, Kristen Stewart was simply meant as Box-Office possibility. I personally would rather eat dirt and drink a gallon of vinegar before I see her play Cinderella. By the way, Into The Woods is one of my favorite musicals, and this was solely my opinion. Feel free to disagree, but don't hate on my choices when this is meant for fun.
CAST Into the Woods Movie  Jan 14 2012, 05:34:01 PM
I have two lists here. One is solely based on drawing in big box office numbers, and the other is for a little thing called talent.

BOX-OFFICE CAST:

The Baker-Adam Sandler

The Baker's Wife-Angelina Jolie

Cinderella-Kristen Stewart

Cinderella's Prince-Robert Pattinson

Rapunzel-Kate Hudson

Rapunzel's Prince- Brad Pitt

Jack-Justin Bieber (PLEASE I hope that never happens)

Jack's Mother-Helen Mirren (Not that she

Is anyone worried about the Into The Woods movie?  Jan 13 2012, 09:27:47 PM
I'm sorry for making this thread. I didn't know that there were other threads on the subject, and I apologize.
Is anyone worried about the Into The Woods movie?  Jan 13 2012, 08:13:10 PM
I LOVE Into The Woods, and just quite recently learned that it's finally being made into a full fledged feature film. Part of me is excited, but another part is skeptical. For starters, it's going to be a Disney movie, so I'm worried that they'll make it too whimsical, when most major Woodsers (I've no idea what the name for ITHWs fans is) know it's definitely dark in some parts. Another thing is that Rob Marshall tends to take the "musical in mind" approach, and yes this worked impeccably for "
Unpopular opinions you hold  Nov 26 2011, 06:26:58 PM
Not really sure if this counts as an unpopular opinion, but I believe that "The Miller's Son" is better than "Send In The Clowns."

I like Maury Yeston's "Phantom" over ALW's "Phantom Of The Opera"

Frank Wildhorn's music is actually good, in my opinion

Your Most Hated Musical  Nov 14 2011, 02:30:40 AM
Phantom Of The Opera (If you want a good musical based off the novel than check out Maury Yeston's "Phantom")

Honestly, I can't find myself hating any other musicals. I just love them all, with the exception of POTO.

Eddie Redmayne Joins Les Miserables Movie  Nov 1 2011, 08:54:02 PM
David Bryant and Michael Ball were not exactly the best-looking in my opinion, and that Jonas brother certainly wasn't. Besides, looks shouldn't really matter. His hair can be dyed or they can put a wig on him, if some are worried about his ginger hair. To me, talent should overcome looks in any musical film. Not to say we've not had any good lookers in musical films.

I'm glad Mr. Redmayne received the role, because I just listened to a little bit of his singing and he definitely

Favorite Act I Finales?  Oct 13 2011, 07:47:20 PM
Astonishing from Little Women

Anything Goes from Anything Goes

Jimmy from Thoroughly Modern Millie

Ever After from Into The Woods

Comfort and Joy from Bat Boy: The Musical (Okay, it's off-broadway, but I can't help it)

The Lambeth Walk from Me and My Girl

One Day More from Les Miserables

There's A Fine, Fine Line from Avenue Q

Sirens from Jane Eyre

JEKYLL & HYDE Coming Back 2012/13  Oct 4 2011, 08:06:11 PM
I love Jekyll and Hyde! It's one of the few shows that I've onstage and I love it to this day. As for who should be cast in this potential B'way revival? I have no idea. Perhaps Kate Shindle as Lucy? She was in the role in the production I saw, so I suppose that makes me biased.
Broadway Songs for a Quartet  Sep 21 2011, 07:40:55 PM
I'll second "Love Will See Us Through/You're Gonna Love Tomorrow." I would also suggest "Falling In Love With Someone (Quartet)" from Thoroughly Modern Millie and also "No One Is Alone" from Into The Woods. Be forewarned, the latter is mainly a duet for a majority of the number.
Disney finally gets it right - Newsies Preview  Sep 20 2011, 08:34:27 PM
" The new Bill Pullman female character
was weak in singing King of New York"

Uh? Female? The song, if I recall in the film, centers on Denton's success on getting "the boys" in the papers. So, now do we have Queen of New York? Then again, with Racetrack's solo during the number, I guess they must have only altered half of the lyrics, right?

Also, "new romance?" Do they delve more into the romance between Jack & Sarah, or does one of the other Newsies fall in lov

A voice you would go hear even if the show was horrible..  Sep 9 2011, 09:09:20 PM
Sutton Foster, Lea Salonga, and Mandy Gonzalez.
NORBERT LEO BUTZ OVER JOSH GRAD?!  Jun 12 2011, 11:05:40 PM

NORBERT LEO BUTZ OVER JOSH GRAD?!  Jun 12 2011, 11:05:39 PM
*shrugs* I for one am glad that Norbert won. By the way, did you forget to turn off your caps lock?
Will Smith to Helm ANNIE Movie Remake Starring Daughter Willow?  Jan 19 2011, 09:39:01 PM
Seriously, you can mess with The Karate Kid, but if you mess with something as remarkable, nay wonderful, as Annie...I just hope this idea gets flushed. And the sooner the better.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You