ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 3:37am

Hey all -

I'm looking to book seats to see ADD1NG MACH1NE over the summer months. Having never ventured over the Minetta Lane previously, I'm curious as to how the seating is formatted. What's the first row of center orchestra (or closest most seat?), and how many seats are in each row exactly? I know it's a rather SMALL and INTIMATE space, so I'm LOVING that already - especially for something with the look and feel and flow of this piece. Just for reference: Is there a stagedoor? If so, does the cast/creative sign and take pictures wit those waiting? Any and all insight appreciated.

Thank you kindly for your help!

Best,
- Mike ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Updated On: 4/26/08 at 03:37 AM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 3:45am

re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LimelightMike
#2re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 3:56am

That's wonderfully detailed, thank you!

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#3re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 3:59am

First row might be too close. Towards the end of the play, I think it would be best to sit a little further back to get the whole picture. I am not sure though. I was sitting in row M, and it was pretty good from there.

stevenycguy
#4re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 12:11pm

1st row, 2nd row, are WAY too close. Those seated in the front row were so close to the stage, they were looking almost directly up the entire time - the performers' feet are at your eye level there. The front mezz seats are much better. They should rip up the first 2 rows from the orchestra in that theater.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 12:43pm

How does one GET to this theatre from Times Square??

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#6re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 1:11pm

West 4th is the closest station. You can take the A, C, E, B, D, F or V trains.

Go to Google Maps and type in Minetta Lane Theatre, New York

LimelightMike
#7re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 1:58pm

Thanks, guys!

How's Row C - 101 and 102? I'm booking for a matinee. THose were the first seats offered. Are those (center-most) location, or should I aim for further down in Row C?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#8re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 2:01pm

Those are perfect Mike.

Take 'em.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LimelightMike
#9re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/26/08 at 2:03pm

Thankin' you kindly, Foster ... As always!

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#10re: ADD1NG MACH1N3 - Help
Posted: 4/27/08 at 2:57pm

I was in row D yesterday. It was an excellent view. Row C would be good as a well.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Videos