Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor

worrell4077
#0Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 12:29pm

Just wondering, how has the rush line for Jersey Boys been recently? Cause I'm going tomorrow to try for the matinee, and I was just wondering. That and do John, J, Daniel, and Christian come out after a matinee?

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#1re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 12:55pm

I'm going today to try rush. I'll tell you how it is.

I probably won't stage door though.

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#2re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 1:07pm

Oh I envy you guys, I want to see the show so bad.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

NJgirl
#3re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 1:29pm

I was at Hairspray a few weeks ago and looked across the street and I noticed the guys did come out after their matinee. They are all very sweet. John Lloyd Young takes a while to come out though..an extra 15 mins or so...he does some vocal exercises after every show from what I was told last time I waited at the stage door. I dont know how rush is during the week...Id say get there an hour before tix go onsale to be safe.

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#4re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 1:32pm

I'm not sure what time the student rush tix go on sale for matinees, but I've done evening student rush a couple times. The tix go on sale at 4:30 and you do not want to get there after 3! I got there at 2:10 and was second in line to girls who had been there since noon. Get there as early as you can!

worrell4077
#5re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 6:52pm

I will be there early cause I think playbill said that the tickets for a matinee go on sale around 11:00am, so I'm hopefully going to be at the theatre a good 90 minutes to 2 hours before, cause I really want to see it again.

I rushed it in December for my birthday and managed to get row W center orch, and then stagedoored after and got John, Christian, and Daniel's autographs. I missed J. Robert, and I'm hoping not to tomorrow.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#6re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 7:44pm

worrell...enjoy the show and just so you know, student tic are now in the front orchestra so it'll be very different from where you saw it before! hopefully you meet them all tomorrow... re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#7re: Jersey Boys Rush and Stagedoor
Posted: 4/11/06 at 10:41pm

Just got back from the show, which was outstanding. Just my luck, John Lloyd Young was out, which was super disappointing. His understudy, Michael Longoria, was on, and he was excellent! His voice is great, as were all of the other performers.

Regarding rush, I got there at 2. (Tix went on sale at 3:30.) The two people after me didn't come to line up until 3. Most people came about 10 minutes before tickets went on sale. In total, there were about 8 people lined up. I got seats in the first row, on the left, which were great seats. The guy didn't even look at my ID, but that's probably because I am a high school student and definitely look like one.

Only 12 tickets are available, so I would suggest getting there about an hour before the tickets go onsale. Good luck!

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee
Updated On: 4/11/06 at 10:41 PM