News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Songsstresss

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Member Name: Songsstresss
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Once Rush?  Mar 10 2012, 03:38:07 PM
My friend and I got there at 8:45 this morning and the girl in front of us got the last ticket available. I'm not sure, but there were maybe 25 people in line ahead of us?
Hair Equity Chorus Call  Jan 8 2010, 11:38:06 AM
They typed the Equity women. No non-eqs were seen.
Jersey boys has a student RUSH  Jan 8 2010, 11:34:15 AM
The website has the title "Jersey Boys Broadway Day of Performance Student Lottery" and then proceeds to say, "limited number of Student Rush tickets... available on the day of the performance starting at 10am at the box office." Is it a lottery or first come first served?
re: NYMF 2009  Sep 3 2009, 10:27:42 AM
A friend of mine was in a reading of Fat Camp a year or two ago and I got to see it. It was really great! Funny, touching, the music was catchy... I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes they've made. Should be a hit!
re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?  Aug 16 2009, 05:57:50 PM
Yeah, it looks like everyone knows. She'll be Evelyn in Ragtime. I don't know Savannah personally and didn't know if or when this news would come out so I didn't want to be the one to spill the beans if for some reason she didn't want it to be known.
re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?  Aug 15 2009, 05:23:23 PM
I don't pressume to know all the details of her salary with either show, so I have no idea if she will or will not be taking a pay cut when she leaves RoA. I just know she has decided to take the other show.
re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?  Aug 15 2009, 04:16:36 PM
I was actually surprised when I was told that the producers WERE looking to renew Savannah's contract and apparently she was going to ask for a LOT of money. Who knows if they would have come to an agreement? But she did decide to go with this other project.
re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?  Aug 15 2009, 01:46:59 AM
When Savannah took over the role full-time she signed a relatively short contract that expires in Sept. She had begun negotiations to renew her contract when she was offered this other role which she has decided to take.
re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?  Aug 15 2009, 01:46:25 AM
When Savannah took over the role full-time she signed a relatively short contract that expires in Sept. She had begun negotiations to renew her contract when she was offered this other role which she has decided to take.
re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?  Aug 15 2009, 12:53:42 AM
I know nothing about LBB coming back but I do know that Savannah is not renewing her contract. She will be appearing in another BWay show in the Fall...
re: Beauty and the Beast holiday revival, is it happening?  Jul 30 2009, 10:59:38 AM
I heard from a producer friend of mine that the show will be back in 2010. Not saying that is for sure, but he is a producer of a current, very successful bway show and he usually knows his stuff!
re: Jane Krakowski and Christian Borle in Mrs. Sharp reading  Jul 29 2009, 07:38:27 PM
It was always a two-act show. This was Ryan Scott Oliver and Kirsten Guenther's thesis project at NYU and the one-act reading people are referring to was their "40-minute reading" assignment. They were supposed to present just the first act.
Anywho, I'm going tomorrow as well and will let y'all know how amazing it is!

re: ROA understudies.  Jul 29 2009, 05:24:20 PM
Saw the show last night also. While Minarik's voice does have a baritone timbre, he definitely had all the high notes! He sounded great and I really enjoyed his take on Lonny. I love Mitch and think he is wonderful, but it was nice to see a Lonny that is not so reminiscent of a Jack Black impression.
re: Jane Krakowski and Christian Borle in Mrs. Sharp reading  Jul 21 2009, 04:52:45 PM
Yes, like I said, Curt Hansen is playing Jake.
re: Jane Krakowski and Christian Borle in Mrs. Sharp reading  Jul 21 2009, 04:20:44 PM
Alex Brightman, currently playing Boq is Wicked, played Jake in almost every reading/concert of the show until now. (He sings Jake in the recordings on the RSO website.) Grief, however, decided he wanted to go in a different direction with the character and cast Curt Hansen as Jake in the upcoming industry reading.
re: Jane Krakowski and Christian Borle in Mrs. Sharp reading  Jul 21 2009, 10:11:12 AM
This show is fantastic. No, the husband, Kevin, role is not the main focus. Jake, the high school boy she seduces into killing her husband is the lead male. You can hear some of the music here:
http://www.ryanscottoliver.com/mediaaudio.html
Verspertine, which workshop did you see? I actually played Kimberly at one of the first readings at NYU when they only had the first act.

re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines  Jul 6 2009, 11:30:13 AM
Anyone know how the line was this morning now that the holiday weekend craziness is over? I want to try tomorrow morning.
re: Norma in Sunset Boulevard transfer  Jul 3 2009, 12:41:00 PM
I'm not familiar with this new production. Is it just like the Doyle Sondheim shows where the actors play all the instruments and there is no orchestra at all?
Also on a related note.... Anyone know if there is an Original Broadway cast recording of Sunset? I did a little research and can only find the "American Premiere Recording" with the LA cast. Was a B-Way recording ever made or was it considered kinda unnecessary since the only major casting change from LA to BWay was Alice Ripley?

re: Amy Spanger Leaves ROCK OF AGES  Jun 29 2009, 01:55:31 PM
The producers wanted her out. She wanted out. There ya go!
re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting  Jun 22 2009, 01:23:46 PM
Amy is no longer part of the show. Breakdowns for her role went out last week.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You