News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for new_philosophy_girl

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
Member Name: new_philosophy_girl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

book of mormon tickets  Nov 15 2011, 04:48:51 PM
Question...has anyone noticed if Book of Mormon tickets have been cheaper day of on sites like Stubhub and such. Have a friend who is looking for tickets and is willing to pay $$ for them, but he's still trying to find the best deal. Thanks.
re: A BRONX TALE To Play The Walter Kerr This Fall  Aug 8 2007, 04:14:09 PM
Oooh...I am SO there.
re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?  Jul 13 2007, 11:15:51 AM
bumping this thread...

I was hoping to catch the show tonight and get some rush tickets for it, but probably won't be able to get there until 7. Would I still be able to get tickets or is that pushing it?? Any help would be wonderful, THANKS

The Worst Of Bogosian  Jun 14 2007, 05:36:09 PM
Did anyone go to this? I am going tonight at 10:30 and was wondering if anyone else was going, or went, and what you thought of it.
re: Jersey Boy's Suspending Student Rush?  Jun 11 2007, 03:29:49 PM
morosco...because of scalpers showing up early in the morning to wait in line for tickets, people who actually wanted to see the show for themselves started lining up earlier then the scalpers, sometimes arriving at 3 in the morning. I think the fact of having people stay there practically overnight was a saftey concern. It's a real shame...
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/3/2007  Jun 4 2007, 04:35:04 PM
Perhaps in this, it's last week, Journey's End can break the 50% capacity mark...
re: Do Liev Schreiber, Frank Langella, and Michael Sheen sign after matinees?  May 29 2007, 03:07:13 PM
When I saw Talk Radio back in February, Liev came out to sign after a Wednesday matinee. He took a looooong time though (I think he was doing an interview, but I am not positive about that), he was probably close to an hour, but he signed and stayed and chatted with the few of us who waited.
re: $35 Center Orchestra Seats To JOURNEY'S END  May 25 2007, 10:37:43 AM
Well I was a little skeptical about how it would be from up there (with the lighting and all), but i found it almost as good up there as down close. With a show like this though, there is just something MORE about sitting down close to the stage, but with that said, I would highly recommend the mezz to anyone trying to get tickets.

The second time around was just as powerful as the first. I picked up on more "plot" this time around, and really connected with the characters. Stark San

re: $35 Center Orchestra Seats To JOURNEY'S END  May 25 2007, 01:39:10 AM
hey mint...just got back from tonights show (I cracked and ended up going again!) Got to the theater around 6 to get a student ticket and got one in the front row of the mezz. I was quite excited to get a mezz ticket because I knew that they had sold out the orchestra!! The center mezz had about four aisles full and there were plenty of other people scattered about, so it seems like the attendence is slowly creeping up
re: $35 Center Orchestra Seats To JOURNEY'S END  May 24 2007, 09:19:08 AM
I am with everyone else, I found it simply amazing. I echo Foster's feelings about Dancy, he had me in the palm of his hand the entire show. I am at the point right now where I can't even think of words to say about this show. WHY MUST IT CLOSE?!?! I mean, I know WHY, but it's just so sad

We should try and have a BWW gathering to see the show before it closes, since we all love it so much

re: $35 Center Orchestra Seats To JOURNEY'S END  May 24 2007, 09:05:46 AM
mint i got a rush ticket yesterday, row C. I guess maybe with the 35 dollar tickets they are giving away the front row with that? Whatever the price though, go see this show!!!
re: So Whatcha Seeing Next?  May 23 2007, 06:40:23 PM
I am finally seeing Journey's End, tonight
Congrats to the 2007 Drama League winners!  May 12 2007, 12:31:03 AM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=18283

Way to go Liev!!!

re: TALK RADIO Rush  May 8 2007, 12:58:51 PM
They were never asses to me about it. The man and I were actually joking about my ID picture because it is horrible. I went 15 minutes before curtain on a Wed. matinee and got center orch row D.
re: 2007 DRAMA DESK NOMINATIONS  Apr 26 2007, 10:30:51 AM
No revival nod for Inherit the Wind? Interesting...
2007 DRAMA DESK NOMINATIONS  Apr 26 2007, 10:18:22 AM
Outstanding Play:
David Harrower, Blackbird
Terrence McNally, Some Men
Peter Morgan, Frost/Nixon
Tom Stoppard, The Coast of Utopia
Bernard Weinraub, The Accomplices
August Wilson, Radio Golf

Outstanding Musical:
Curtains
In the Heights
Legally Blonde
LoveMusik
Mary Poppins
Spring Awakening

Outstanding Revival of a Play:
The Hairy Ape
Hedda Gabler
Journey's End
Talk Radio <

Michael Sheen on entrance applause  Apr 24 2007, 09:59:07 AM
I enjoyed reading this article in yesterday's Post about Sheen. I couldn't help but agree with is thoughts on entrance applause...anyone else agree??

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04232007/entertainment/theater/scripts__not_names__add_sheen_to_roles_theater_barbara_hoffman.htm

re: A MOON FOR THE MISBEGOTTEN reviews  Apr 9 2007, 10:16:26 PM
The Times review is up. Brantley did it.

http://theater2.nytimes.com/2007/04/10/theater/reviews/10moon.html?ref=theater

re: Jersey Boys in July  Mar 21 2007, 04:33:29 PM
well i saw the show in august not long after it won the tony and my wife and i got student rush tickets with ease... i'm sure i could do that again

Just make sure that one of you definitely has a student ID. I did the rush today for tonight's show and at 9:30 a woman came out, checked our student IDs and a second form of IDs, and then the tickets we got are stamped in red letters, CHECK FOR STUDENT ID. I think they are finally figuring out what to do about the scalper proble

re: Talk Radio  Mar 13 2007, 09:23:32 AM
broken...when coming out of the theater the stage door will be on your right. It has a 110 in the Shade poster on it (they are like metal cage doors). There will probably be a barricade up so you will know where to stand. Enjoy the show!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You