Revival Demand

Gothampc
#0Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:24pm

This is a demand that someone on Broadway revive the musical "A Day In Hollywood/A Night In the Ukraine". We need a silly musical like this.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:32pm

And I demand a revival of BLOOD BROTHERS. NOW.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Gothampc
#2re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:34pm

"And I demand a revival of BLOOD BROTHERS."

I'd like to see Patti LuPone tackle the role of the mother.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#3re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:34pm

Les Mis

and I demand we revive Mostel to revive the revival of Fiddler

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#4re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:35pm

And I demand a revival of HELLO, DOLLY with Bernadette Peters!
NOOOWW!!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Joshua488
#5re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:36pm

I demand a revival of WEST SIDE STORY. I would love to see this on Broadway before I croak.

munkustrap178
#6re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:38pm

Before you croak? Aren't you like 18? I don't think you're in danger.

Too soon for LES MIS.

And, sadly, too soon for BLOOD BROTHERS, too. But this show needs more exposure.

I would also love to see a DOLLY REVIVAL, but it's only been 11 years as it is.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Ellie3
#7re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:40pm

Gothampc, I'm nearly sure I heard about a NYC production of Hollywood/Ukraine, that's running at the moment.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#8re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:40pm

Well, it is on Jerry Herman's list of upcoming projects...but so is the revival of MAME. Which will come first? I don't know...I'd rather DOLLY but MAME will also be great with the right cast.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Gothampc
#9re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:41pm

A revival of Hello Dolly is already being planned. It's part of bringing all of Jerry Herman's work back to Broadway.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#10re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:41pm

Les Mis should never have closed...

...this is worse than the Pope dying...

munkustrap178
#11re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:42pm

Can we trade LA CAGE for DOLLY? I hate LA CAGE but adore DOLLY.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#12re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:42pm

I think the Pope dying is just a TAD more important than Les Miz closing.

Gothampc
#13re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:43pm

"Gothampc, I'm nearly sure I heard about a NYC production of Hollywood/Ukraine, that's running at the moment."

Oh? I hadn't heard. But some of the songs were written by Jerry Herman so it deserves a Broadway revival.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#14re: Revival Demand

Which is coming first? DOLLY or MAME?

munkustrap178
#15re: Revival Demand

Nah, I have to agree with Then. re: Revival Demand

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#16re: Revival Demand

Les Mis ran it's course.

DOLLY is coming soon from what I hear. I still hope CAMELOT will find it's way back next season.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Gothampc
#17re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:45pm

I think Mame is stuck in the "are we going to do a tv version of it or not" mode.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#18re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:45pm

"Les Mis ran it's course."

So did the Pope.

And now there will be a new, fresher one.

Ellie3
#19re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:46pm

Ooops, sorry Goth - it was in CA.

munkustrap178
#20re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:46pm

No, LES MIS needs another 20 years before a revival. Come on....

Gothampc
#21re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:47pm

While we are at it, we need a "Drood" revival. It's fun voting on the ending.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#22re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:47pm

I demand a revival of Once on this Island, Hello Dolly w/ Peters, and West Side Story!!!

And I would like to be in revivals of Into the Woods and Thoroughly Modern Millie before I die...

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#23re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:48pm

Dear Lord, NO MORE REVIVALS FOR BERNADETTE PETERS. How about a NEW musical written for her? That sounds much better than her hamming it up in DOLLY.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#24re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/2/05 at 11:48pm

"Les Mis ran it's course."

So did the Pope.

And now there will be a new, fresher one.

I mean a new, fresher Pope...

Videos